Check your account email address ×

23/24 Cross Country thread

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

When is core supposed to start? I thought they were new years weekend?

Weekend after.  This will may it 4 weekends in a row with this and COR, right into the Soo and the I-500.

6 weekends is a long pull for those that run the Soo and COR.

12 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Weekend after.  This will may it 4 weekends in a row with this and COR, right into the Soo and the I-500.

6 weekends is a long pull for those that run the Soo and COR.

Yeah it is. A lot of traveling too. The mira guys are going to have an advantage this for the soo as they are racing back to back for a month straight 

Edited by Not greg b

3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I was just about to post this lol. It's going to be interesting to see how the catalyst stacks up at pine lake

I'm going to guess that a Polaris will be the fastest stock class sled on the ice this year, again.

Unless Wes finds a little extra speed out of that Doo.

3 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm going to guess that a Polaris will be the fastest stock class sled on the ice this year, again.

Unless Wes finds a little extra speed out of that Doo.

Any idea what gunnar was running up top with the 4 stroke? All the vids i saw it looked like he might have been a bit faster than the 2 strokes but i never saw any mph numbers

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Any idea what gunnar was running up top with the 4 stroke? All the vids i saw it looked like he might have been a bit faster than the 2 strokes but i never saw any mph numbers

No idea.  If we go up this next weekend, I'll swing down and ask him.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

Enduro sleds back at Pine Lake for $6k to win, $10k if it is a Michigan based team.

120mph+ speeds down those long straights.

Cat racers pretty happy with the Catalyst on testing on Pine lake. Probably faster than the poo with much better handling. Just from word from the plant. Will see. At least they actually race.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

Cat racers pretty happy with the Catalyst on testing on Pine lake. Probably faster than the poo with much better handling. Just from word from the plant. Will see. At least they actually race.

Going to be working on at Catalyst tomorrow.  

That racer kept a 23 to compare back to back on ice.

1 minute ago, ZR6000RR said:

What do you expect people from the factory to say?  "Yeah, we're pretty disappointed with what we've seen so far in testing.  The Polaris and SkiDoo sleds are pulling an easy 10mph+ on us."

• Haha 2

Just now, racinfarmer said:

Going to be working on at Catalyst tomorrow.  

That racer kept a 23 to compare back to back on ice.

And will you follow through? Guessing not. Nothing but a hack, until proven wrong.:thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

What do you expect people from the factory to say?  "Yeah, we're pretty disappointed with what we've seen so far in testing.  The Polaris and SkiDoo sleds are pulling an easy 10mph+ on us."

Based on a speedo, from the world's greatest fantasy sled, Polaris? Wow!