Check your account email address ×

for those who've successfully survived menopause...

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

My wife started early for her age we were told, eight years it took. 

There are meds that help the woman ease thru it if she's having a particularly hard time of it, I spent alot of time outside doing busy work to keep clear. 

it's not diagnosed... but holyfuck did I get a case of ass chewing for typical behavior of myself tonight.  she's stressed with work and parental shit which has become typical this time of the year... plus the notion of our only heading off to college and being stuck alone with yours truly... 

So, I decided a foot massage would make me feel better.  May look into an entire massage chair for her 49th birthday... also for me.:lol:

IMG_20231010_191743204.jpg

i survived. even as she denied it was happening. she is older than me. i saw and felt the change , and it sucked . one solid sign was her jumping out of bed , and ripping the window open. only to close it soon after. of course i was right there pointing it out... it took a while and she never returned to her "old self" . still a lot better than most , but we never bickered back and forth before that. like you said , the smallest things bring the biggest reaction. one thing i lost was freedom to look. i mean she knows i still look. back then she would point them out. not a drop of jealousy . now not so much . she still catches me looking but doesn't let it slide so easy. i sometimes forget . local bar owner is probably 50s blonde, not bad. i asked my old lady how old she thought she was. she said why , gonna make a run at it? i was about to answer the old her, but smartened up and just smiled !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

My wife started early for her age we were told, eight years it took. 

There are meds that help the woman ease thru it if she's having a particularly hard time of it, I spent alot of time outside doing busy work to keep clear. 

My wife started early as well. Wasn't a big deal for me really. 

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what... the fuck

:dunno:

apparently I need to do some homework and become even more sensitive, or gain a mute function.  

It's actually called mentalpause but that sounded to harsh.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:05 PM, DriftBusta said:

Ooh!  Ooh!  Attacking family, accusing my parents of incest!  I expect your pal HSR to be along shortly to puff his chest out and give you a warning.  But we know that won't be happeing.  

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

You sound mad.  Settle down you inbred chug.

:lmao:

14 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

He keeps telling people they're not very bright!

:lol:

Well just you two.  But go ahead.  You could act like reasonably decent human beings.  Or you can continue to behave like low lifes and dirtbags.  I'll treat you accordingly.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's not diagnosed... but holyfuck did I get a case of ass chewing for typical behavior of myself tonight.  she's stressed with work and parental shit which has become typical this time of the year... plus the notion of our only heading off to college and being stuck alone with yours truly... 

So, I decided a foot massage would make me feel better.  May look into an entire massage chair for her 49th birthday... also for me.:lol:

IMG_20231010_191743204.jpg

We've owned 3 of those chairs, none lasted more than a year.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what... the fuck

:dunno:

apparently I need to do some homework and become even more sensitive, or gain a mute function.  

My wife stayed on the pill into her early 50's...so she skipped  alot  of the hit flashes ect...but the mood changes were instantaneous.  Thank God it only lasted a short time. 

3 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

What age does this shit typically start so I know when to disappear for a couple years

My Wife is perfect now , cant imagine if she changed for the worse. :thumbsdown:

idk... probably different for all of them.  her fuse has been a bit short lately and I (unfortunately) know just how to light it (usually) at the wrong times.  

:ashamed: