Check your account email address ×

Does anyone have these in their shop/garage?

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah busted.  Oh well.  Ripped all the good stuff off and had fresh iron a day later.  Shit happens.  It’s too bad I had that thing set up mint.  I bet you guys never blew up a sled.

:lol: 

that was a 4 stroke right? 

• Gold Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

Yeah.  900 turbo.  I love that motor, and that’s why I got it on this new sled.

My buddy just picked up a leftover 23 Renegade 900 T from Scranton.

brought it over few days ago. that motor sure sounds good. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, HSR said:

Do they get upset when your junk keeps blowing up or are they nice about it?

My junk?  This thing is badass.  :snack:  Don’t you ride an eight-year-old erector set suspension?  

E29326DB-9BFE-4CD9-A3EC-0853B24D478D.jpeg

• Gold Member
Just now, DriftBusta said:

My junk?  This thing is badass.  :snack:  Don’t you ride an eight-year-old erector set suspension?  

I always say them things look like they got child bearing hips....  This is what you need!!

IMG_20230111_120852447_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230108_162121443_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, poopooforme said:

I always say them things look like they got child bearing hips....  This is what you need!!

IMG_20230111_120852447_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230108_162121443_HDR.jpg

Nice machine, but I decided to go in a different direction that yr.  That freakin sled will go almost anywhere.  My perfect sled right now would be that 146 lynx with the turbo, but my dealer sold out of them couple days after the snow check started.  That is a bad ass machine.

• Gold Member
On 10/3/2023 at 3:25 PM, DriftBusta said:

Hey I still like my erector set :hdchr:

Notice which sled is in front :thumbsup::lol:

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

8EC355FD-6D3C-43EA-AD96-68417D837A44.jpeg

Just tossing it back in the direction that came from lol those things work pretty good.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Sled talk… WTF!

I like mine as well, though the Matryx does go next level with the updated rider position, they still are great trail sleds… over 30k miles on these three going into the season!

82761FC1-9DB4-447B-A28C-ADA441268F66.jpeg

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Also had some Pro-S sleds and will still say they were one of the best riding sleds I've owned.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Also had some Pro-S sleds and will still say they were one of the best riding sleds I've owned.

Yep, I still say my '16 Pro-X was one of the best riding sleds I've ever owned :bc:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Mine as well.  So versatile when the conditions changed.  If it just had reasonable storage...

Yeah, that was always the downfall of that design ... even the Skinz 2-bag setup that attached to the rear wasn't that great.  It was why I bought my Assault in 2018 - for our U.P. saddle bag trip.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Nice machine, but I decided to go in a different direction that yr.  That freakin sled will go almost anywhere.  My perfect sled right now would be that 146 lynx with the turbo, but my dealer sold out of them couple days after the snow check started.  That is a bad ass machine.

Buddy had a Lynx Rave 2 years ago and rode it a couple times but just wasn't the sled for me.  Nice sled don't get me wrong but felt it was more of a 40/60 more off trail sled.  Very light front end didn't corner like I liked and the bungee cord front limit strap was just different.  If a person did more off trail the Lynx would be fine.  He only kept it for one year and then bought a 850 Renegade.

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Buddy had a Lynx Rave 2 years ago and rode it a couple times but just wasn't the sled for me.  Nice sled don't get me wrong but felt it was more of a 40/60 more off trail sled.  Very light front end didn't corner like I liked and the bungee cord front limit strap was just different.  If a person did more off trail the Lynx would be fine.  He only kept it for one year and then bought a 850 Renegade.

Sounds like the Lynx is pretty much as advertised.  I'd love to try one for a day, just to see what it's like but none of my riding buddies have one.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah busted.  Oh well.  Ripped all the good stuff off and had fresh iron a day later.  Shit happens.  It’s too bad I had that thing set up mint.  I bet you guys never blew up a sled.

:lol: 

You don't wear/hook up a teather?

2 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Don’t you ride an eight-year-old erector set suspension?  

Yes, it seems most guys here love them compared to your trappers sled :lol: any more stupid comments regarding my sled or have you ate enough crow here?

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

You don't wear/hook up a teather?

I do now religiously.  4 strokes are not made to run upside down.  :lol:   We were off trail trying to get to this trail called the border cut, runs for miles on the border to Canada and Maine.  Nav showed like literally like 150 ft. straight ahead, went up this hill and a drift gave out and the sled and me rolled down the hill.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

Yes, it seems most guys here love them compared to your trappers sled :lol: any more stupid comments regarding my sled or have you ate enough crow here?

Stop it.  Expeditions are popular as hell out this way for guys who want to pack a bunch of gear and put on some miles.