Check your account email address ×

have trucks gotten too tall?

2 hours ago, ICG said:

Pretty stupid when you need a ladder to get in the bed of a mason dump.....

American Insanity........

Range Rover took the simple path..SUV lowers + raises body automatically 

so do certain models of the grand Cherokee

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9520yoryib0xye86024r

two wheel drive

wonder how tall they'd have to make a 4wd version? 

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

opinion...

should the Colorado/Canyon be offered as an SUV Blazer/Jimmy ?

I think so.  GM sold a fuckload back in the day.  

they have the small trucks priced so high you may as well buy a full size. an suv in that model would be 80k. many folks still miss the trailblazer/envoy. they were a big success, and they offered no replacement when they stopped building it. not to mention they ruined the blazer name. have you seen a new blazer?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

they have the small trucks priced so high you may as well buy a full size. an suv in that model would be 80k. many folks still miss the trailblazer/envoy. they were a big success, and they offered no replacement when they stopped building it. not to mention they ruined the blazer name. have you seen a new blazer?

GMC was going to build a new Jimmy with a V8, based on the Colorado/Canyon, and they killed it.  Not sure why.  It would have sold like crazy.

On trucks being too tall, I have a 2024 2500HD LTZ Chevy.  It's stupid how tall it is.  All these trucks following the Ford lead are annoying.  It's like they're all driving around saying "I'm gonna be a big rig when I grow up!  Vroom vroom!"

I'd love a truck like mine in the footprint of the truck I traded for it.  2016 Denali 1500 4x4.  That was a perfect size.  I'm 6'5" and didn't need the running boards.  I absolutely need them on the 2500 or I'll prematurely wear out my driver's seat side bolster getting in and out.

Who needs a 6'10" short bed?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

yes, it's utter sacrilege of the nameplate 

f'ng base model Tahoe LS is $60k so if they offered a Col/Can version that based out around $45k they'd move some product imo.  the Cherokee, Bronco and Wrangler have no competition from GM in the midsized segment.  A new body Blazer ZR2 would also be a slick rig.

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yes, it's utter sacrilege of the nameplate 

f'ng base model Tahoe LS is $60k so if they offered a Col/Can version that based out around $45k they'd move some product imo.  the Cherokee, Bronco and Wrangler have no competition from GM in the midsized segment.  A new body Blazer ZR2 would also be a slick rig.

you are correct. they missed an opportunity to base the blazer off the small pickup like last time. what they call trailblazer and blazer now is a sin. my stepdaughter leased a new tahoe, put down 20k and it's still 800.00 a month.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ve fixed a few Camaros that was one of the first things I noticed blind spots are really bad and you can’t see shit backing up. It started before the last Taurus I think even my 05 mustang my arm is at an awkward angle when I have it out the window not as bad as other cars I’ve been it but still not comfortable.

Noticed the same thing on the Camaro.  I realize I’m the only guy here who is not seven feet tall, but it is uncomfortable and weird. 

I hate the new Cadillac too.  Can’t get them out the door with out the seat shaking violently and the car locking up the brakes. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Cold War said:

Noticed the same thing on the Camaro.  I realize I’m the only guy here who is not seven feet tall, but it is uncomfortable and weird. 

I hate the new Cadillac too.  Can’t get them out the door with out the seat shaking violently and the car locking up the brakes. 

Rented a Camaro in Florida after a cruise and drove out to Key West and back.

Remember the Chevette? I felt like I was driving a fucking Chevette.

Interior was right out of a Barbie car.

Visibility was like driving a tank through a gun slit.

Under 5k miles and the seat was splitting.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I really hate that seat shaker thing gm puts in the seats it the most annoying fucking thing. It always seems to be the middle aged moms that got that crap cranked all the way up 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I really hate that seat shaker thing gm puts in the seats it the most annoying fucking thing. It always seems to be the middle aged moms that got that crap cranked all the way up 

since most of us here are over 50... I had someone describe those seats as 'vibrating beds straight out of a seedy hotel in the 1970's' 

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

since most of us here are over 50... I had someone describe those seats as 'vibrating beds straight out of a seedy hotel in the 1970's' 

Lol pretty much.

I did I think it was a s class Benz if I remember right that had the seat side bolsters like push in and crush your side when you turned it was weird didn’t like it. Manufacturers sure come up with some strange seat functions.

8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Lol pretty much.

I did I think it was a s class Benz if I remember right that had the seat side bolsters like push in and crush your side when you turned it was weird didn’t like it. Manufacturers sure come up with some strange seat functions.

BMW sport seats did that for a couple years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Lol pretty much.

yep... once the kid is out of h/s and 8-13 yrs of schooling for her doctorate I'm thinking of picking up a SL63 or 65 AMG

maybe sooner?  :lol:

3 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Why wait you’re old you don’t have much time left 😂 

the 65's are still up there

I probably put too much priority on having too much money in the bank... :)

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yep... once the kid is out of h/s and 8-13 yrs of schooling for her doctorate I'm thinking of picking up a SL63 or 65 AMG

maybe sooner?  :lol:

You're already a cunt. You don't need one of those!

:lol:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Snake said:

They probably rented it to Lizzo before you got it. :lol: 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Did the same years ago. Rented a convertible Mustang. Never get tired of the drive through the keys.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

classic movie... RIP John Candy

Next week we'll do planes trains and automobiles 

Those aren't pillows!

• Haha 2