Check your account email address ×

have trucks gotten too tall?

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The Mexicans figured out how to lower modern a truck and still have it usable and normal. The durmaxs every diesel head has a hard on over sit shorter than the new trucks and tow about the same. They can do it, they choose not to. 

I like lowered trucks... much easier to chill on the tailgate and dive into a 30 rack when they're down low to the ground. 

Another aesthetic comment... ENORMOUS wheel/tire arch gaps.   I can see it on a Raptor, TRX, TRD, ZR2 off road model but you can stack bowling balls in the huge gap of most these things.

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

:lmao:Link please. 

why do you hate brown people?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/vibrant-history-lowrider-car-culture-in-la-180977652/

wait, I've got it!!! 

the bed rails are being made higher so it's easier to jump over Trump's wall... that Mexico isn't paying for. 

amiright?  :lol:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

why do you hate brown people?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/vibrant-history-lowrider-car-culture-in-la-180977652/

wait, I've got it!!! 

the bed rails are being made higher so it's easier to jump over Trump's wall... that Mexico isn't paying for. 

amiright?  :lol:

Nice try but pretty weak.   

2 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Belt lines on lot of new cars/trucks too can’t even hang your arm out the window unless you want your elbow at your head 

that began in all places when the last gen Ford Taurus came out, and all the manufacturers followed suit.  less glass height and shorter pillars being better in rollover protection. 

ever sat in a current generation Camaro?   the outward visibility is atrocious... right @Not greg b?  

also, blind spot monitoring is almost a requirement.  all modern shit is almost impossible to see out of, and more shit to inevitably fail and cost the consumer copious amounts of $ to repair.

another gripe... knobs, levers and buttons to push or move.  who's looking forward to paying for their dashboard iPad to be replaced outside of warranty? 

wAkE uP ShEEpLe!!! 

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that began in all places when the last gen Ford Taurus came out, and all the manufacturers followed suit.  less glass height and shorter pillars being better in rollover protection. 

ever sat in a current generation Camaro?   the outward visibility is atrocious... right @Not greg b?  

also, blind spot monitoring is almost a requirement.  all modern shit is almost impossible to see out of, and more shit to inevitably fail and cost the consumer copious amounts of $ to repair.

another gripe... knobs, levers and buttons to push or move.  who's looking forward to paying for their dashboard iPad to be replaced outside of warranty? 

wAkE uP ShEEpLe!!! 

Absolutely hate pulling up to an atm with my wife's Taurus. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I like lowered trucks... much easier to chill on the tailgate and dive into a 30 rack when they're down low to the ground. 

Another aesthetic comment... ENORMOUS wheel/tire arch gaps.   I can see it on a Raptor, TRX, TRD, ZR2 off road model but you can stack bowling balls in the huge gap of most these things.

I've got the AT4 version. Is that ok?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

wAkE uP ShEEpLe!!! 

The Camaro has the visibility of a kid napper van. Actually I don’t find it as bad as people say. And after hearing people talk up the mustang and hellcats I was really disappointed in them when I saw them at the auto show. Visibility and the interiors are slightly less shitty than the Camaro. I thought they would be a lot better they way people talked about them.  

7 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Absolutely hate pulling up to an atm with my wife's Taurus. 

ATMs are set perfectly for uni bodied suvs or whatever you want to call them now. Both of my grand charokees are the perfect height for an atm, drive through ect. My 1/2 ton and car aren’t. The car is way worse than the truck 

• Gold Member
16 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

wAkE uP ShEEpLe!!! 

I’ve fixed a few Camaros that was one of the first things I noticed blind spots are really bad and you can’t see shit backing up. It started before the last Taurus I think even my 05 mustang my arm is at an awkward angle when I have it out the window not as bad as other cars I’ve been it but still not comfortable.

10 minutes ago, Skidude600 said:

I've got the AT4 version. Is that ok?

I guess I'll allow it for now... 

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The Camaro has the visibility of a kid napper van. Actually I don’t find it as bad as people say. And after hearing people talk up the mustang and hellcats I was really disappointed in them when I saw them at the auto show. Visibility and the interiors are slightly less shitty than the Camaro. I thought they would be a lot better they way people talked about them.  

kid napper van... :roflcrying:

idk, but the convertible is even worse.  I rented a stang vert back in 19 while in Rhode Island for my daughter and nephews to ride around in and the visibility was actually very good.  the Challenger as old as they are has a useable back seat and a trunk.  

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

WTH ... people can't even hang their arm on the door/window without it being over their head?  What are you guys, 5'2" or something?  

I have never done that. I hate the heat so the window is always rolled up and the ac is on. And in the winter I dislike frost bite. And when I say trucks are too tall I am not talking about the over all height, I am talking about the height to the floor board. I could a give a fuck less if the roof of the cab is 25 feet in the air 

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I have never done that. I hate the heat so the window is always rolled up and the ac is on. And in the winter I dislike frost bite. And when I say trucks are too tall I am not talking about the over all height, I am talking about the height to the floor board. I could a give a fuck less if the roof of the cab is 25 feet in the air 

I know - I get it and I hate the heat too (wife hates riding with me because I have the A/C on if the temps are 70+).  I don't typically drive with my windows down either, but occasionally will do it in the spring / fall when it's a nice cool 60'ish degree day and just buzzing around town.  Just found it kind of funny, picturing someone trying to lay their arm on the door/window and it being up near their head :lolz:

Edited by Bontz

20 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ve fixed a few Camaros that was one of the first things I noticed blind spots are really bad and you can’t see shit backing up. It started before the last Taurus I think even my 05 mustang my arm is at an awkward angle when I have it out the window not as bad as other cars I’ve been it but still not comfortable.

the Europeans began raising the belt lines from my memory.

it's funny looking back at the size of the greenhouse of older cars, you could see out of.  

heck, proportionally my old Volvo has a huge greenhouse compared to my Tahoe. 

IMG_20230830_101721436_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230618_162318520_HDR.jpg

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Wife and I went with my buddy in his F350 the other week. I had to put both hands on my wife's ass and push to get her up in there. :lol:

And that's a problem how? That's the most action I would've gotten in years......

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

not gonna argue that colorado is a piece of shit, but they do work , and many loved them. do you know they made them with a 5.3? not many but they are out there

opinion...

should the Colorado/Canyon be offered as an SUV Blazer/Jimmy ?

I think so.  GM sold a fuckload back in the day.