Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

Just now, Not greg b said:

I guess garmin will swap onto the 2024. I bet dealers will sell a shit ton of retrofit kits 

He wouldn't want that though.  He can't swap it on the fly to other machines.  Also, he doesn't need an 8" screen because at the speeds he rides there is no trouble seeing single digits.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Premium said:

He wouldn't want that though.  He can't swap it on the fly to other machines.  Also, he doesn't need an 8" screen because at the speeds he rides there is no trouble seeing single digits.

Sake! Would I? I have the tread. It travels with me from my sled, to my wheeler to my pickup. That is saving big bucks!

2 minutes ago, krom said:

Poo and doo sold more turbo 2 stroke sleds last year, than ac sold all sleds combined 

Sure they did. I would have bought one, but the money farey said sold out. Fuck!! Get some help.

Edited by ZR6000RR

1 hour ago, krom said:

Didn't you say the new engine was an 870, and that no one cared about gauges

he also said repeatedly they didn't need this new chassis... then bought one?  :lol:

and @Not greg b ... they might be able to if the 600 jugs bolt on.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, krom said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/arcticcatcatalyst/permalink/977891326822898/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Video of how the exhaust valves work, coincidentally the audio proves how stupid ZR6000RR is 

Never Said anything about the valves. Proof you are obsessed with me. Get help kROMMER. 

Edited by ZR6000RR

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

he also said repeatedly they didn't need this new chassis... then bought one?  :lol:

and @Not greg b ... they might be able to if the 600 jugs bolt on.  

After doing the sit test, the cattle ass feels like a combo of the Polaris and sp500. Sp500/Polaris height and the ability to get forward on it like the vr1. The procross feels like you are sitting on an old ass dragger compared to the new stuff. The Polaris Khaos had the best hand controls out of all of them. I was hoping someone had a made a relocation kit for the brick on the brake side but haven’t been able to find one. I will probably add that garmin to mine at some point. I ordered studs from woody’s while I was there as no one brings much of anything to sell. I will make the 600 cylinders for on the 800 case with a hammer and jb weld. Too bad they won’t sell the big motor yet. Everyone wants it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

I went there a couple hours after the reveal.  Still huge crowds all throughout cat land.  The Polaris and skidoo tents were ghost towns 

It didn’t really die off until the rain started. Then they were doing a meeting on all the accessories for the catalyst at 4 for people to attend. I kinda wanted to do that but my legs were dead and I needed to go. 

7 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

It didn’t really die off until the rain started. Then they were doing a meeting on all the accessories for the catalyst at 4 for people to attend. I kinda wanted to do that but my legs were dead and I needed to go. 

Yep we were laboring towards the end.  Shoulder get tired, and hips. Walked all three swap areas plus around the cat area a bit, I did get to swing a leg over a catalyst, I really like the size of them.  We timed things right with food and had no lines and places to sit.  The last swap block we walked was getting later and there was a definite shift.  Everyone was gathering at their places and settling in for heavy drinking and partying.  The Northern Crankshaft tent had some cool stuff.

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

Yep we were laboring towards the end.  Shoulder get tired, and hips. Walked all three swap areas plus around the cat area a bit, I did get to swing a leg over a catalyst, I really like the size of them.  We timed things right with food and had no lines and places to sit.  The last swap block we walked was getting later and there was a definite shift.  Everyone was gathering at their places and settling in for heavy drinking and partying.  The Northern Crankshaft tent had some cool stuff.

I didn’t even go into the swap much. I saw some old tires and ratchet ass chain saws for sale so I ran for my life lol. The empty Busch light piles were starting to grow very fast when I left 

IMG_1568.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I didn’t even go into the swap much. I saw some old tires and ratchet ass chain saws for sale so I ran for my life lol. The empty Busch light piles were starting to grow very fast when I left 

IMG_1568.jpeg

The swap started out great for us and progressively got worse quality through the day 😅

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The swap started out great for us and progressively got worse quality through the day 😅

Haha I bet. One of my friends I didn’t go with made a good comment. There was more tires for sale at haydays this year than a tire trade show 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Not greg b said:

We left before the rain started.  I'm glad you got some time with Catalysts.  

#KromWasRight

IMG_0407.thumb.JPG.85115f9d51416b97f7b3cf5e139a5780.JPG

Even though you can't see the engine, I think this is a cool picture - man, that thing is mounted LOW!

IMG_0401.thumb.JPG.f03a1591bbf933752a2fa141b3833f43.JPGNobody molested Roger Skime, they let him have a good look at the cutaway.

IMG_0387.thumb.JPG.1d0e9c671afcc9e4e6cf6dcef5ad2752.JPG

I resisted the temptation to play with the "pull me" knob, but a lot of people couldn't.

IMG_0364.thumb.JPG.21eb4b8750bbfebec4317f0fca7bb9a4.JPG

Who was the guy heckling Halvorson?  I thought that was pretty funny.

Couldn't help but notice that the guy from mountain rider magazine got a stage-side view and Roger Skime was sitting down in front.  They did not introduce him, and nobody acted like they recognized him at all.  It's funny, I've never actually seen him in person, and then he shows up right in front of me multiple times.  Here he is talking to Kale at the Arctic Insider booth....

IMG_0322.thumb.JPG.0a2ec050e7847af092741a56010198ee.JPG

I'll be uploading a video on the new gauge tonight.  Not much info, and I know Cat already has a video posted on it, but I'm doing it anyway.  I was excited about that, just as much as the new engine - Cat needed both BADLY.  I'm really glad they're partnering with Garmin.  Display looks great, I'll be putting one of those on my 2025 858 Catalyst, for sure.

IMG_0380.thumb.JPG.ec3e6c240e1610607d8efd13f6e7d756.JPG

Edited by p51mstg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

IMG_0407.thumb.JPG.85115f9d51416b97f7b3cf5e139a5780.JPG

Even though you can't see the engine, I think this is a cool picture - man, that thing is mounted LOW!

wow, that looks snug as a bug in a rug from that pov. 

speaking of Cat royalty, no one made the effort to run into or meet @ZR6000RR ?  

2 hours ago, krom said:

More proof you are a moron, didn't even listen to the audio...

Like I said, obsessed. You female? If not. You are not even the right sex. Just find someone closer to where you live.

Edited by ZR6000RR

2 hours ago, p51mstg said:

The internet royally sucks at Hay Days.  My phone said "SOS" the whole time.  Step off Hay Days property, and it goes right back to 4 bars.

I think the cell towers get overloaded with the 100,000 people there.  My buddies couldn't do cell phoning stuff even though they had bars but I could with TMobile