Check your account email address ×

Our Politicians may Suck but the Pizza is Awesome!"

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Here’s a pic of the hand built toon almost done but the roof. The roof frame was built using metal electric conduit. The outboard was a Scott Atwater 20 hp. It was painted banana yellow! I have a color photo somewhere.

IMG_1640.jpeg

Cool! I'd love to see the color photo of you can find it :bc:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Bontz said:

I'm gonna have issues with you people!! :lol2:  Sorry, but no ... pineapple doesn't belong.  I love my canadian bacon (ham) style pizza with mushrooms, but pineapple just ruins it for me.  Hell, I think I'd try anchovies before I'd do pineapple LOL

On a side note, when the F did carry out pizza become so freaking expensive?  Seems like it used to be we could get a large pizza for our house, and it would run about $18-$20.  Now it's damn near double that price for the same thing??  And we're not talking a super elaborate pie either.  If I have the patience I'll make it on the smoker with the oven attachment, but sometimes convenience matters.

Pizza place my wife loves and grew up on that we make a hour drive to every now and then charges 10 bucks for a large 16” cheese. Dinner for the 4 of us 2 large cheese soda and water for the kids is like 26 bucks. It’s a little more money here in town $14 or $15 for a large cheese depending what place we go. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Pizza place my wife loves and grew up on that we make a hour drive to every now and then charges 10 bucks for a large 16” cheese. Dinner for the 4 of us 2 large cheese soda and water for the kids is like 26 bucks. It’s a little more money here in town $14 or $15 for a large cheese depending what place we go. 

Grabbed pizza for the 4 of us with no beverages or sides a few days ago and it was fucking $78.  Can't buy a piece of shit inedible frozen pizza for $10.  Okay maybe a Torino's party pizza but they were less than $2 the last time I bought one of those 20 years ago.

• Gold Member
21 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Grabbed pizza for the 4 of us with no beverages or sides a few days ago and it was fucking $78.  Can't buy a piece of shit inedible frozen pizza for $10.  Okay maybe a Torino's party pizza but they were less than $2 the last time I bought one of those 20 years ago.

Ok calm down deep breath in and exhale it’s just pizza ffs and it’s not my fault you got screwed on a pizza dinner jeesh. It’s $10 bucks it’s good the place has a cult following around Fitchburg and it’s been in business since the early 60s they must be doing something right. Like I said a large cheese is 14-15 bucks by my house hell even the yuppie brick oven place in Keene on Main Street is 15 bucks for a cheese. 

$10 large cheeseIMG_2354.thumb.jpeg.b3ca0cb7937ebfe9d5d2ab6be8e397cc.jpeg

and here’s is couple from place by my house we go to $15 cheese no idea what the small bbq chicken cost but all delicious.IMG_3681.thumb.jpeg.2cd9317b30120091ba3b0322afdca2af.jpegIMG_3682.thumb.jpeg.ed9996de1d1549c584e9ef4361a44c69.jpeg

Oh and elios is $4 bucks and a delicious frozen pizza 😜 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

That is what it is pretty much everywhere hear.  Maybe dominos or some shit has a $10 pie but good luck at any decent place.  Restaurant inflation here has been nuts.

You’re in the city though aren’t you? Maybe they can justify that price in a city?? but even say santarpios in Boston is like 13 bucks or something been a while for a cheese and it’s always rated one of the best pizza places. So I don’t understand how your pizza can cost that much its ridiculously overpriced. I’m in a rural area if pizza was freaking $30-35 bucks for a cheese they be outta business quick. 

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's your favorite pizza chubby? 

Going to Tony’s in a bit I’ll post a pic after I get it.

Should add another 15lbs to my 380

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ckf said:

I thend to like the Greek style.

Same here. I grew up on it as a good friends parents were immigrants from Greece and opened a pizza joint in town. It was the first place that sold Greek pizza. His mom make the best spanakopita and baklava.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

And a big supreme there is $26.99+ tax +tip + delivery.  Well over 30 bucks and not worth

Just whipped up a 3 topping large and if I pick it up….not so bad IMO.

31DC63D5-5BE1-4D3A-AB2F-B541B2AFC2CF.thumb.png.e23fed9e3c2be5505e6080d5af6a1c53.png

3 hours ago, Deephaven said:

To pay, on the high side, $50 more for a pizza than 99% of the other upscale joints is in my mind foolish. Why? The ambiance make it that much better? I mean the ingredients can only be so good for fucks sake. I'm not cheap and I do appreciate good food but never will I pay $78 for a pizza.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, J. Jackson said:

To pay, on the high side, $50 more for a pizza than 99% of the other upscale joints is in my mind foolish. Why? The ambiance make it that much better? I mean the ingredients can only be so good for fucks sake. I'm not cheap and I do appreciate good food but never will I pay $78 for a pizza.

It was 2 pizzas.  There are 4 of us.  It was take out.  Same price as Jets basically.  Inflation sucks.

2 hours ago, ckf said:

I thend to like the Greek style.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Same here. I grew up on it as a good friends parents were immigrants from Greece and opened a pizza joint in town. It was the first place that sold Greek pizza. His mom make the best spanakopita and baklava.

Our pizza joint here is owned by Steve the Greek. He is the best pizza cook and makes an awesome greek style pizza.