Check your account email address ×

part of bill-0's problem? few at fnc liked the piece of shit.

Part of Bill O'Reilly's problem at Fox: Few people there actually liked him

Bill O'Reilly was for years Fox News' most valuable on-air talent. He may also have been its loneliest.

The host, whose departure from the network was announced Wednesday, is widely disliked at Fox News and its parent company 21st Century Fox, both feared and loathed for his outsized ego and rude temperament, according to six current and former high-ranking sources at the company. 

Even 21st Century Fox executive chairman Rupert Murdoch, who had until recently stood by O'Reilly amid recent revelations about sexual harassment allegations, does not have a close personal relationship with his star primetime host, several of these sources said. 

Related: Bill O'Reilly out at Fox News

While O'Reilly's future at the network was determined by business calculations, sources said that his failure to establish relationships made him more vulnerable as Murdoch and his sons debated the host's future at the network. 

Murdoch and his sons faced the decision about whether or not to get rid of O'Reilly due to the multiple accusations of sexual harassment and verbal abuse that have been directed at him over more than a decade. The New York Times reported earlier this month that O'Reilly, Fox and 21st Century had paid $13 million in settlements to five accusers. 

The six sources who spoke to CNNMoney described O'Reilly as mean and self-centered, and said he was widely disliked at the company. They drew sharp contrasts between O'Reilly and his fellow primetime hosts Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson, who they described as being as friendly in person despite being polarizing on camera. 

Sources with knowledge of the matter say that Rupert Murdoch had been in favor of keeping O'Reilly because of his value to the company, and because he chafes at the thought of caving to public pressure. 

Those same sources say that James Murdoch, the chief executive officer of 21st Century Fox, has been eager to get rid of O'Reilly in order to protect the company's reputation, and that Lachlan Murdoch, also an executive chairman of the company, had come around to his side by Tuesday. 

CNNMoney (Los Angeles) First published April 19, 2017: 9:03 AM ET

Edited by ActionfigureJoe

31 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

CNN hit piece.  Oh.

Exactly.  I have read that Bill-O is a bit of an ass.  But watching the MSM try to tear away at Fox over this is amazing.  DAMN FOX NEWS!!!!!!!!

Image result for obama blames fox news

20 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Exactly.  I have read that Bill-O is a bit of an ass.  But watching the MSM try to tear away at Fox over this is amazing.  DAMN FOX NEWS!!!!!!!!

Image result for obama blames fox news

Most of the reason for their failure to reach voters effectively is because no one is buying what they're selling any more. :bc: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racinfarmer said:

If this is the case, him the Hillary have something in common.

Top cable program for decades he only got forced out because the sponsors bought the leftard bullshit smear :flush: 

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Most of the reason for their failure to reach voters effectively is because no one is buying what they're selling any more. :bc: 

Not a single fucking bar or restaurant has Fox on but Barry wouldn't know that he has never been in one :flush: 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

CNN hit piece.  Oh.

Mancow used to work on fox news. He said billo was a real dick. It's not hard to believe really. But he made fox a lot of money so they put up with it.  

14 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I like how libtards are frothing mad at bill O in spite of his many years of good service yet excuse all of bill clintons rapes :lol: 

That is odd. These liberal feminazis love bill Clinton. 

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Mancow used to work on fox news. He said billo was a real dick. It's not hard to believe really. But he made fox a lot of money so they put up with it.  

I could easily believe that

27 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I find it astonishing that people can watch CNN or MSNBC and not see the blatant bias.  I mean...it's not even hidden anymore.  Sure, Fox has some too but as far as the actual news and facts go...well, it's not even close.  FOX FTMFW.  And most American's feel that way.  My daughter even echoed that about the biased media toward the end of the election....and kids don't really care.  So if HS kids see it and are "grossed out" by the biased liberal media, how can adults not see it?

21 minutes ago, Momorider said:

Not a single fucking bar or restaurant has Fox on but Barry wouldn't know that he has never been in one :flush: 

By far CNN is playing in most bars & restaurants. Libs will cry and bitch about FOX . Most businesses don't want the hassle of having some pissy pants liberal in their face.

1 minute ago, Cold War said:

By far CNN is playing in most bars & restaurants. Libs will cry and bitch about FOX . Most businesses don't want the hassle of having some pissy pants liberal in their face.

But wait....if that's true, how is it Fox's fault the Dems lost?  Oh, yeah...Russians!  Wikileaks!  Comey! :lol:

Image result for obama and hillary mad

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

I'm sure he probably was.  But when you're getting paid millions and millions are tuning in to watch, and making your network hundreds of millions, its gonna have an impact on your attitude I would think.  You're going to have very little time for morons and other hangers on too, so of course you're going to have people bad mouthing you, particularly in hindsight.    I look at the totality of the guys work, and think its sad that some allegations can ruin a guys career.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

But wait....if that's true, how is it Fox's fault the Dems lost?  Oh, yeah...Russians!  Wikileaks!  Comey! :lol:

Image result for obama and hillary mad

I was just reading an article where "Babs" invited the Clintons to her concert , to seranade them.  She introduced her as the popular vote president. :lol: What a bunch of dip shits.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

I was just reading an article where "Babs" invited the Clintons to her concert , to seranade them.  She introduced her as the popular vote president. :lol: What a bunch of dip shits.

I saw a clip of that this morning.....good god.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Almost winning but losing....is the new winning.  Beats the fuck outa me.  And nobody thought giving trophies and medals to all the children that signed up to play was a bad idea I guess. :dunno:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Winning the popular vote is like losing a race but having more hp\L. You still lost 

Yeah.  If those extra ponies came from an illegal nitrous system.

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

I'm sure he probably was.  But when you're getting paid millions and millions are tuning in to watch, and making your network hundreds of millions, its gonna have an impact on your attitude I would think.  You're going to have very little time for morons and other hangers on too, so of course you're going to have people bad mouthing you, particularly in hindsight.    I look at the totality of the guys work, and think its sad that some allegations can ruin a guys career.

do those morons include the subordinate women he attempted to fuck with? why you guys can't wrap your heads around the fact that this guy crossed some lines is beyond me. fuck!! don't you have daughters that will be entering the professional world?