Check your account email address ×

Pretty hot out there…

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

1 degree globally in 50 years is a serious increase.

Neal

Yes you've been told to think that it is.

10 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Thermometer readings have been around since 1850s and widely publicized.  After the data is shown many people often devolve into the accuracy of the thermometers and the non-global coverage.  

image.thumb.png.570e96815026a1b69281effe9118f13b.png

Neal

5 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Which could easily be explained by WHERE those temps are being recorded.

Called that one…. :news:

Neal

Just now, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed, because when told the evidence goes along with it.  Crop and plant maturity dates.  Ice sheet and glacier sizes.  Things like that, showing the effects of warming.

Neal

You do know the satellite temperature readings are just an estimate and not actual readings like they would be on the surface.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

You do know the satellite temperature readings are just an estimate and not actual readings like they would be on the surface.

I know very well what they are.  This topic has been hashed over many times before on the forums.  I’ve researched it in depth quite a bit.  :bc:

Neal

20 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Indeed, because when told the evidence goes along with it.  Crop and plant maturity dates.  Ice sheet and glacier sizes.  Things like that, showing the effects of warming.

Neal

I remember them pulling a sign at a glacier saying it would be gone by such a date....

The glacier stayed and the sign went on the trash heap of failed climate predictions...

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

I remember them pulling a sign at a glacier saying it would be gone by such a date....

The glacier stayed and the sign went on the trash heap of failed climate predictions...

That isn't the case for the majority of glaciers in North America and Europe. 

Although we may not all agree on the cause, you can't say that we aren't warming.

• Like 1

This summer all i hear is how warm it is and weather guys using big words to make it sound alarming!!

Id say at least in my area it has not really been that hot.Sure we get couple hot days then its cool for week.

At least it hasn't been hot for weeks on end!!Anybody remember i think summer of 88 in twin cities?now  that was hot!!

We do need rain though!!

Edited by X2700
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, X2700 said:

This summer all i hear is how warm it is and weather guys using big words to make it sound alarming!!

Id say at least in my area it has not really been that hot.Sure we get couple hot days then its cool for week.

At least it hasn't been hot for weeks on end!!Anybody remember i think summer of 88 in twin cities?now  that was hot!!

We do need rain though!!

Meteorologist have been sensationalizing the weather for years now.  "Winter storm Isaac is about to slam the mid Atlantic with snow and ice"  I blame the weather channel, lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Snake said:

Did he mention this takes into account records that go back all the way to....

1979. :lol:

12 hours ago, Steve753 said:

At least we agree on something.

:lol:

The deniers on full display...kinda cute and mildly entertaining. Thnx:lol:

4 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

48* here right now at 5:20am.

Well I guess that's proof of GLOBAL

54 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Thermometer readings have been around since 1850s and widely publicized.  After the data is shown many people often devolve into the accuracy of the thermometers and the non-global coverage.  

image.thumb.png.570e96815026a1b69281effe9118f13b.png

Neal

Yeah, the evidence is pretty much overwhelming. 

52 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

There was big cities in the 70s and the  so called scientists were saying we were going to cause an ice age with all the pollution. Not enough money was being made from it so they reversed it and it worked. I've said it many times. You take the massive amount of money being made  from the climate change bullshit away. Climate change concern ends quickly. Very quickly.

Yet we will continue to break new warm records vs cold records by a margin of more than. 2 to 1.

We are warming without a doubt but of course you will come up with every excuse in the book to refute this....and the reasons why.  It is comical, you will have to get more creative as time goes on.:bc:

40 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

This ^ .....also oceans are indeed rising but not at the pace deniers can actually see and relate too.:lol:

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Snake said:

OP himself never bothered to 'read past the headline' and mention any of the qualifiers, hoping no one clicks through and reads them.

Dishonesty 100%... no different than getting to the 25th paragraph before you find out the criminal was a democrat... :lol:

so it’s satellites didnt record the hottest temps that they have ever recorded on a global average?

Edited by BOHICA

22 minutes ago, ckf said:

That isn't the case for the majority of glaciers in North America and Europe. 

Although we may not all agree on the cause, you can't say that we aren't warming.

What I am not denying is that the earth warms and cools in cycles, since the dawn of time.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

What I am not denying is that the earth warms and cools in cycles, since the dawn of time.

And these cycles tend to last an awfully long time a lot longer than we'll be around..... Bye bye sledding for the most part, I certainly have seen the changes over the last 30 years:lol:

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

6 minutes ago, Snake said:

I agree. Do we play a role in the warming? Absolutely IMO. I just don't know how much is man-made vs the natural warming.

A few years ago I came across an article about a States average temperature being warmer in the late 1800s than it currently was at the time. It was either New Hampshire or Maine, but I think it was NH. The reasoning was that there are more forests now than there was back then due to all of the open pastures that the settlers created.

Interesting tidbit to anyone visiting New England... All of the rock walls lining the back roads used to be cleared pastures.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

And these cycles tend to last an awfully long time a lot longer than we'll be around..... Bye bye sledding for the most part, I certainly have seen the changes over the last 30 years:lol:

In my lifetime, (20 more years maybe?) I don't see snowmobiling going away.  Will I have to go further north to get there?  Perhaps.  But last year was a pretty epic year in southern MN for snowmobiling!  I have also seen years where it didn't snow for shit, and was pretty warm... 1981 comes to mind for me.  54 degrees on January 24th with ZERO snow on the ground!

5 minutes ago, ckf said:

I agree. Do we play a role in the warming? Absolutely IMO. I just don't know how much is man-made vs the natural warming.

A few years ago I came across an article about a States average temperature being warmer in the late 1800s than it currently was at the time. It was either New Hampshire or Maine, but I think it was NH. The reasoning was that there are more forests now than there was back then due to all of the open pastures that the settlers created.

Interesting tidbit to anyone visiting New England... All of the rock walls lining the back roads used to be cleared pastures.

So climate change is real!  Well of course it is - the climate is ALWAYS changing.

Edited by Mag6240
  • Like 4

I assume by now everyone's mind is made up on this. 

Is it warming or just cyclical?  If so are humans at fault? If so is there anything we can do about it? If so will the chinese counteract anything we can do? Does it help to add more taxes? Does it help for the elites to fly in private jets to meet to discuss how to raise taxes to fix the problem? Why do the biggest proponents of it build enormous houses on the coasts?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ckf said:

Meteorologist have been sensationalizing the weather for years now.  "Winter storm Isaac is about to slam the mid Atlantic with snow and ice"  I blame the weather channel, lol

Deadly temperatures. 
Killer heat wave threatens  most of the Nation. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOHICA said:

so it’s satellites didnt record the hottest temps that they have ever recorded on a global average?

Estimated temps.

21 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Deadly temperatures. 
Killer heat wave threatens  most of the Nation. 

16 million people will feel the impact from this deadly storm!!!!1!!!1!!!!!!

:lol:

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, Cold War said:

What does it being hot out have to do with Americans celebrating the 4th? Would it cooled down if we didn’t celebrate? :lol: 

How can we dance when our earth is turning. 

It's all to do whatever they can to downplay American celebrations.  Around every holiday they put out some sort of negativity into it.