Check your account email address ×

Supreme Court declares far left extreme racism to be unconstitutional

Just now, ACE said:

Wonder how this will go for the lefts new racist love child called DEI 

I’m glad it’s all blowing up in their faces.  The Democrats coalition of grievance groups is dissolving.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I’m glad it’s all blowing up in their faces.  The Democrats coalition of grievance groups is dissolving.

Yeah. even a lot of the normal gays are sick of the left trying to celebrate pedos 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

So will white people that didn’t get accepted into schools because they were white be eligible for reparations?

Heard a report last night that 60% of UW Madison students being admitted are NON RESIDENT students as opposed to 20% just 10 years ago.  I guess some in the legislature want to know why there are some Wisconsin applicants that are being bumped or put on a waiting list for application status even though they are in the top of their class.

Not sure if it has anything to do with affirmative action, but interesting to say the least.  Why would a top Wisconsin HS graduate not be admitted over a non resident?

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Heard a report last night that 60% of UW Madison students being admitted are NON RESIDENT students as opposed to 20% just 10 years ago.  I guess some in the legislature want to know why there are some Wisconsin applicants that are being bumped or put on a waiting list for application status even though they are in the top of their class.

Not sure if it has anything to do with affirmative action, but interesting to say the least.  Why would a top Wisconsin HS graduate not be admitted over a non resident?

Because they can charge the non-resident 3x as much

And you have far far more Asians applying to UW than you did 20 years ago, and most of them live on the coasts and have academic and extra-curricular profiles that blow the doors off even your highest-achieving public school white kid from Stevens Point.

All the most prestigious and highest-rated schools are facing the same.  Northwestern, Michigan, Stanford, etc.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

our daughter will be applying for Madison shortly... stay tuned.  

funny thing is... she's not certain if she actually wants to go there but is curious to see if she'd make the cut as a 4.0 honor roll student who's been in all IB classes since 9th grade. 

we're going to tour NMU as they have an extremely high acceptance rate for medical school.  either way, it's going to be like buying a new top of the line sled every year for the first four years.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Because they can charge the non-resident 3x as much

And you have far far more Asians applying to UW than you did 20 years ago, and most of them live on the coasts and have academic and extra-curricular profiles that blow the doors off even your highest-achieving public school white kid from Stevens Point.

All the most prestigious and highest-rated schools are facing the same.  Northwestern, Michigan, Stanford, etc.

UW also has a ton of foreign students...

• Platinum Contributing Member

If you look at the Harvard case it wasn't affirmative action trying to balance enrollment with historical country demographics.   It became only to benefit one particular race in general.    

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

funny thing is... she's not certain if she actually wants to go there but is curious to see if she'd make the cut as a 4.0 honor roll student who's been in all IB classes since 9th grade. 

we're going to tour NMU as they have an extremely high acceptance rate for medical school.  either way, it's going to be like buying a new top of the line sled every year for the first four years.  

Should be a sure thing to get accepted with those credentials.  Granted it will cost $$$, but I am sure she can get some good scholarships with a 4.0.

Edited by racer254

13 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Should be a sure thing to get accepted with those credentials.  Granted it will cost $$$, but I am sure she can get some good scholarships with a 4.0.

let's hope so...

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Best thing I ever did was starting saving for my kids college shortly after they were born.  Had some crazy gains before and after the crash of 07-08.  Both have some left over that we can transfer into their kids accounts when born.  The college saving accounts are one of the few things govt gets right. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Best thing I ever did was starting saving for my kids college shortly after they were born.  Had some crazy gains before and after the crash of 07-08.  Both have some left over that we can transfer into their kids accounts when born.  The college saving accounts are one of the few things govt gets right. 

yup 

I'm also very much opposed to this student loan bailout horseshit... but, have the democrats or republicans even spent ten minutes trying to figure out why state colleges and universities tuitions have skyrocketed so dramatically over the past few decades?  I'm not in favor of free college either... just good value for money, same with taxes... 

52 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The little woman's daughter had just shy of a 4.0 after the Pass/Faill BS SPASH implemented with e-learning, I mean NO LEARNING during the Covid stay home bullshit.  She applied as did a couple of her friends and got accepted - she just didn't want to go there for what they charge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

yup 

I'm also very much opposed to this student loan bailout horseshit... but, have the democrats or republicans even spent ten minutes trying to figure out why state colleges and universities tuitions have skyrocketed so dramatically over the past few decades?  I'm not in favor of free college either... just good value for money, same with taxes... 

the problem that no one wants to tackle is how colleges became big businesses. Even state schools have become dumping grounds for high salaried political payoff jobs.

• Like 1

I'm opposed to affirmative action in general but at a minimum they should have to be renewed yearly or have sunset clauses that let them possibly expire as things change.  Then there is no need for the courts. 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

That's intreasting just sat threw a college tour at UW Madison for my daughter and at that time they said they try to keep 50% of there enrollment in state.

2 minutes ago, dsupercat said:

That's intreasting just sat threw a college tour at UW Madison for my daughter and at that time they said they try to keep 50% of there enrollment in state.

:pc:

Total enrollment for fall 2021 at UW–Madison is 47,936, up from 45,540 last year. Sixty-two percent of all undergraduates are Wisconsin residents or enrollees through the Minnesota reciprocity program, The enrollment numbers come from the university's official census, taken each semester on the 10th day of classes.