Check your account email address ×

How's them gardens looking boys

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not that great.  Been starting everything from seed since I built the greenhouse.  Once we put it outside most stuff still hasn't popped.  

Been picking lettuce and reddish.  But that’s it so far 

• Like 1

my tomatoes are the size of golf balls. peppers growing, been eating lettuce and all the herbs. deer came in head down going right for the lettuce so i let my dog out. she mowed it down last year but doesn't eat the other stuff. she eats my basil and i'll pepper her ass with something

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

my tomatoes are the size of golf balls. peppers growing, been eating lettuce and all the herbs. deer came in head down going right for the lettuce so i let my dog out. she mowed it down last year but doesn't eat the other stuff. she eats my basil and i'll pepper her ass with something

Something has been fucking up my corn, not sure what but saw a deer track which is strange as I live on the outskirts of the village, never seen a deer this close to town, figured it was the squirrels or raccoons.............again

• Like 1

There is plenty of sweet corn around here to buy usually plant corn so the critters leave everything else alone but the fuckers are pulling it up before it's 6" tall........bastards 

• Gold Member

Ours isn’t doing great but it’s been non stop rain here forever it seems. String beans are starting to come in about the only thing doing decent, corn is tiny, carrots tiny, broccoli tiny, few other things all small. Looks like rain everyday this week too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

I stopped 2 years ago after growing basically tomato varieties, cukes and peppers. I just buy at the local stand these days.

I stopped about 4 years ago, got sick of busting my ass to feed rabbits, woodchucks, and birds, I do the same, everyone around here has a farm stand at the end of their driveway 

15 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

I stopped about 4 years ago, got sick of busting my ass to feed rabbits, woodchucks, and birds, I do the same, everyone around here has a farm stand at the end of their driveway 

Same.  I got into it for a few years, and its definitely a labor of love, but I'm just too busy in the summer to make the time.  I appreciate a good garden though.  

• Like 1

I gave up large gardens a number of years ago and just have a small fenced in raised bed garden now. Gardens are a lot of work and I’m beyond that now the critters win, I give up. I miss the fresh potatoes and peas but not the hot August evenings processing vegetables. I just grow enough to eat and my garden is doing very well as it is easy to water.                                                                                                        
Nice garden you have there.                                       

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

garden2.jpg

I process them so i am saving more than that, salsa, pizza/pasta sauce, chili base and stewed tomatoes, can around 3 bushel worth, sell the rest at the curb

Just now, 01mxz800 said:

I process them so i am saving more than that, salsa, pizza/pasta sauce, chili base and stewed tomatoes, can around 3 bushel worth, sell the rest at the curb

Yep, I grow a lot of san marzano tomatoes and make gallons of marinara.

• 1 month later...