Check your account email address ×

Barn finds and limited production vehicles

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Only met Bob and his wife once at the Shed, after a hockey game, of course.

Rick was always at the TRF and Warroad races poking around and having a great time.  Got to know him since he'd always stop by the trailer.  He gave us a few personal tours of all the cars and the man cave game room thing with all his guitars.  

Rick always seemed more excited for the guitars, You get Bob talking about the Cars and how he acquired them makes for a great day. Here's Skyler and I in the COPO, and my son in the GSX, fire that up too, that's what a muscle car is supposed to sound like. 😂 Bob's a Hoot when you get him going.

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

IMG_0842.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, airflite1 said:

Rick always seemed more excited for the guitars, You get Bob talking about the Cars and how he acquired them makes for a great day. Here's Skyler and I in the COPO, and my son in the GSX, fire that up too, that's what a muscle car is supposed to sound like. 😂 Bob's a Hoot when you get him going.

Only spent about a hour with Bob and Rick together late one night.  Like 9 or 10 or so.

Hung out with Rick there several times, talking cars, guitars, music, life in general. 

He is a really great guy.  Need to make time to get up there and see him.

One year for the races they moved the Cobra and the Ford GT to the front room.  He said he knew those were the two I was the most interested in.

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Only spent about a hour with Bob and Rick together late one night.  Like 9 or 10 or so.

Hung out with Rick there several times, talking cars, guitars, music, life in general. 

He is a really great guy.  Need to make time to get up there and see him.

One year for the races they moved the Cobra and the Ford GT to the front room.  He said he knew those were the two I was the most interested in.

A little snowmobile connection for those that don't know, Bob is married to Larry Rugland's sister.

Edited by airflite1
  • Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 6:35 PM, X2700 said:

Great story!!

Good movie.  Watched it last night even the wife liked it.

Here's 64 year old Larry McBride (Spiderman) on a record 268 MPH run on a funny bike.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2023 at 5:37 AM, airflite1 said:

A little snowmobile connection for those that don't know, Bob is married to Larry Rugland's sister.

Larry bought the pole building right down the road from where I lived and worked. It was Bill’s garage prior. Tainter Lake, WI. I think it was actually a Colfax address. Not sure if his shop is still there. Nice guy. 

On 6/17/2023 at 4:06 PM, stealth bomber said:

I know where there’s a Grand National that’s been sitting in the same driveway for at least 15 years, maybe more.  A couple years ago it got moved into a field and wrapped in a tarp.  Grass growing up as high as the roof.  Sad to see it that way, it will be junk in a few years I would think.  

Worst thing you can do is park a car on grass . Second thing is put a tarp on it.  🙄

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Larry bought the pole building right down the road from where I lived and worked. It was Bill’s garage prior. Tainter Lake, WI. I think it was actually a Colfax address. Not sure if his shop is still there. Nice guy. 

The building is still there, but the shop is not.

The equipment and whatnot resides south of town now.

Larry built set of pipes for 98 ultra we put 800 xcr cylinders on.

I then installed ultra cylinders on my 97 600 xcr sp.

98 ran great and was fast!

97 was a sleeper!!!😁

11 hours ago, Doug said:

My cousin still owns his dads (rip) mint 68 442 convertible.  i'm not a huge vintage car guy, but man that thing brings back some memoriess as a kid.

26 minutes ago, X2700 said:

Larry built set of pipes for 98 ultra we put 800 xcr cylinders on.

I then installed ultra cylinders on my 97 600 xcr sp.

98 ran great and was fast!

97 was a sleeper!!!😁

I have a set of LRM pipes from a ultra in the wedge chassis.  Never meet him but talked to him on the phone and what a wealth of knowledge.

Friend has what we call beerthirty every Saturday night that is an open invitation to have some adult beverages talk stupid with a common theme of muscle cars, racing and snowmobiles.  The mix of guys that show up varies. 

Tonight the guy with the dark gray Competition Product shirt is the owner of Competition Products.  He's not a Summit or Jegs but is well known nationally.  He holds a Top Fuel license issued by Don Garlets as he ran Top Fuel in the 70's.  He telling us there's still a number of hoarders of cars and motors such as Hemi's big block Chevys and Fords that somebody's going to make a lot of money once they pass away.

The old catalog from him was when he ran Top Fuel. We asked if the prices were still good.

20230624_182042.jpg

20230624_163535.jpg

Edited by Doug
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Doug said:

Friend has what we call beerthirty every Saturday night that is an open invitation to have some adult beverages talk stupid with a common theme of muscle cars, racing and snowmobiles.  The mix of guys that show up varies. 

Tonight the guy with the dark gray Competition Product shirt is the owner of Competition Products.  He's not a Summit or Jegs but is well known nationally.  He holds a Top Fuel license issued by Don Garlets as he ran Top Fuel in the 70's.  He telling us20230624_163535.thumb.jpg.e75bf0f9e213e577483904fce33e5f70.jpg there's still a number of hoarders of cars and motors such as Hemi's big block Chevys and Fords that somebody's going to make a lot of money once they pass away.

20230624_182042.jpg

That sounds like a great time.

Edited by Sled_Hed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doug said:

Crazy how these cars are still out there.

My first car i actually paid cash for was a 1970 buick gs wtih 350.originally white but someone had painted it black.

Was laying in backyard of a farmhouse with weeds growing up around it.

Pulled it home found fuel lines had rusted out.went down to local hardware store and picked up some copper lines and cobbed the fuel system.threw battery in little fuel down the large quadrajet couple cranks and she was running!!Ran the hell out of it.those buick 350's were quick!!!Glad i worked at local station so i could change tires frequently!!!

oh paid gal $250 and she was happy to get it off property!!

• Like 2