Check your account email address ×

KY Derby

• Platinum Contributing Member
44 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Wasn't sure if I should open this thread on not with that title. :lol:

I had my doubts too!

• Haha 1

Seven horses have died at Churchill Downs since April 27, and two of the deaths are still a mystery. Five of the deaths happened in the week leading up to the 149th edition of the Kentucky Derby, and two more horses have been euthanized after suffering injuries in races just hours before post time. 

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/churchill-downs-investigating-deaths-of-seven-horses-ahead-of-the-149th-kentucky-derby/

2 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

Seven horses have died at Churchill Downs since April 27, and two of the deaths are still a mystery. Five of the deaths happened in the week leading up to the 149th edition of the Kentucky Derby, and two more horses have been euthanized after suffering injuries in races just hours before post time. 

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/churchill-downs-investigating-deaths-of-seven-horses-ahead-of-the-149th-kentucky-derby/

are they insured?

always amazing how a lot of bars and restaurants that aren't doing well financially mysteriously catch fire

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

are they insured?

always amazing how a lot of bars and restaurants that aren't doing well financially mysteriously catch fire

I don't know on the insurance but I would assume they are/were

bars and restaurants are usually a special kind of lightning that happen in the middle of the night....... :whistle:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Jerry 976 said:

I don't know on the insurance but I would assume they are/were

bars and restaurants are usually a special kind of lightning that happen in the middle of the night....... :whistle:

Jewish lightning.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Jerry 976 said:

I'm surprised this isn't covered more often.  I'm thinking putting horses due to injuries down must damn near be a weekly thing at a lot of the big money horse tracks.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

I'm surprised this isn't covered more often.  I'm thinking putting horses due to injuries down must damn near be a weekly thing at a lot of the big money horse tracks.  

should we consider doing the same with professional and college athletes... ya' know, due to betting?

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

The mystery deaths must be vax related. 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

The mystery deaths must be vax related. 

Welllll, kind of, the news said they are looking into Doping issues with some of the horses and certain drugs that are being used on horses that may or may not be Legal and that may have caused some of the horses deaths.

On 5/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

are they insured?

Likely yes they were insured.  

If the truth were ever known they would probably find a drug supplied by 1 drug compounder was the cause of death.   

I owned and raced harness horses for years until the higher purse money brought in blood dopers, they arrested 29 trainers and a few vets. the Feds. had them on tape telling not to give more than this amount or it will kill your horse, some of the cocksuckers were even laughing about it. Most got 3 years, not long enough IMO.

• Like 1