Check your account email address ×

656 *mass* shootings for 2023

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

maybe we're actually closer than you realize because I fully agree with what you just posted. 

were we differ is likely the path to minimizing mass shootings... but I don't have a palatable solution that both sides of the debate would find acceptable.

I think most Americans probly are closer than they realize but the media keeps driving a wedge between both sides. If we all agreed on too many issues we'd probly turn on the government for the fuckery they're involved in. You never did answer my question about your experiences with guns, I'd gladly meet up with you sometime to show you that the scary black weapon of war really isn't that bad, but i have a feeling you probly already know that....

24 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I think most Americans probly are closer than they realize but the media keeps driving a wedge between both sides. If we all agreed on too many issues we'd probly turn on the government for the fuckery they're involved in. You never did answer my question about your experiences with guns, I'd gladly meet up with you sometime to show you that the scary black weapon of war really isn't that bad, but i have a feeling you probly already know that....

have fired a wide variety of weapons including a variety AR's, and own several f/A's I won't discuss publicly.  I can see the curb appeal to the 'scary guns' to the uninitiated, but they're not necessary whatsoever for me or my needs. 

this said, a perfectly focused 50 is the most impressive thing I've ever squeezed.   

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

but not a six pack of pbr or a carton of marbs?  seems a bit hypocritical doesn't it? 

another question (I'm full of them) is... are rural or urban types more likely to commit a mass shooting?  I feel as though most who grow up around firearms, particularly those who hunt or sport shoot have a completely different perspective and respect about firearms than those who purchase as a self defense or potentially offensive weapon.

Or have life altering surgery at the age of five?

image.jpeg.6f479d04f7551c724dc049da9014e8ab.jpeg

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

have fired a wide variety of weapons including a variety AR's, and own several f/A's I won't discuss publicly.  I can see the curb appeal to the 'scary guns' to the uninitiated, but they're not necessary whatsoever for me or my needs. 

this said, a perfectly focused 50 is the most impressive thing I've ever squeezed.   

I am very envious on the first bold.

As for the second bold, I guess that is the beauty of living in a first world country. We are not a society of needs. We are a society of wants. We don't need a 700hp factory stock truck but we will sell it to any meat stick with enough money and not question the morality of it. We don't need 99% of the shit we buy.

Edited by Tomas.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I am very envious on the first bold.

As for the second bold, I guess that is the beauty of living in a first world country. We are not a society of needs. We are a society of wants. We don't need a 700hp factory stock truck but we will sell it to any meat stick with enough money and not question the morality of it. We don't need 99% of the shit we buy.

funny you should say that, as yesterday I had to explain a Ram TRX to my wife in the parking lot at Fleet Farm where we had just purchased dog treats, some household goods and wandered through the firearms dept.  I'd like to get her a stagecoach shotgun for home protection but as she wasn't raised around f/a's and is generally uncomfortable with them that's a no-go.  she does like shooting my childhood Remington 22 Speedmaster though, on occasion.  our 16yo daughter is uncomfortable with anything more than her pink Crossman and I know better than to attempt to push beyond that.  

have you seen the Hellcat Demon 170 yet?  

oh fuck, now I'm going OT... :roflcrying:  

AR-15-style rifles are no more powerful than other hunting rifles of the same caliber and in most cases are chambered in calibers less powerful than common big-game hunting cartridges like the 30-06 Springfield and .300 Win. Mag. The AR-15 platform is modular. 

AR-15 and other types of semi-automatic rifles may look like military rifles, such as the M-16, but function like other semi-automatic civilian sporting firearms, firing only one round with each pull of the trigger.

The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.”

AR-15 "ArmaLite" and other semi-automatic rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun. Automatic firearms have been severely restricted from civilian ownership since 1934.

Pictured below 30-06 Springfield semi-auto <<< same caliber as the M1 grand use in WWII and Korea and A Bolt .300 Win. Mag. No one will use these two big guns for anything but hunting.  

343163699_1661070807667314_7441076879213186916_n.jpg

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the other day I asked why does a person have to be 21 to purchase alcohol or tobacco products (which will most likely hurt themselves) but an 18 year old can walk into a gun shop and purchase a firearm?  are the alcohol and tobacco laws too stringent or are our second amendment laws too lax?  

If you're too young to legally get drunk and have a smoking hot stripper give you a boner a cat couldn't climb with spurs on and enjoy a cigarette afterwards, well then you're too young to be in the military.

Just now, HSR said:

If you're too young to legally get drunk and have a smoking hot stripper give you a boner a cat couldn't climb with spurs on and enjoy a cigarette afterwards, well then you're too young to be in the military.

don't forget to vote...

giphy.gif

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

don't forget to vote...

giphy.gif

I usually order 5-6 US voting ballots off of ebay just to get my hat in the ring. Cheap entertainment. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

What are you afraid of?

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

are you deliberately being an idiot or does it come naturally?

There's only room for one idiot in this thread, and you've got that covered ... incredibly well.  Great job, Karen!!

33 minutes ago, Bontz said:

There's only room for one idiot in this thread, and you've got that covered ... incredibly well.  Great job, Karen!!

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to remove that crooked tampon from your vagina.