Check your account email address ×

656 *mass* shootings for 2023

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

I thought I read Oklahoma is going to arm all the teachers? This can go either way..  But maybe it should be like a cell phone?  EVERYONE has one?

It'll never happen.  Not even in Oklahoma will that happen.  This was a topic a few years ago, as were sitting around the bonfire with a bunch of friends ... some of which were teachers at our high school.  One of them who was actually in the military and had a couple tours in the middle east - who I thought would be somewhat in favor of this idea - said it best.  "We're teachers.  You honestly think anyone wants to be responsible for drawing a gun and potentially shooting one of our own students?  You guys watch too much television."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bontz said:

It'll never happen.  Not even in Oklahoma will that happen.  This was a topic a few years ago, as were sitting around the bonfire with a bunch of friends ... some of which were teachers at our high school.  One of them who was actually in the military and had a couple tours in the middle east - who I thought would be somewhat in favor of this idea - said it best.  "We're teachers.  You honestly think anyone wants to be responsible for drawing a gun and potentially shooting one of our own students?  You guys watch too much television."

One can not expect a teacher, even one who is ex military to go from teacher to soldier in a split second.

There would be hundreds of students, and only one shooter. 

It would be difficult to identify the actual threat. 

I don't think I could be absolutely certain of the target and take into consideration collateral damage if I opened fire quickly.

It would take time.

Those coppers that did it in Nashville did an excellent job. I think at least one of them was ex military.

I watched the body cam footage.

Room clearing, good command and control.  The dude that was "in charge"  may have been just a deputy, I don't know, but he had his shit together.

He kept his "troops" clearing and moving forward, unlike the Uvalde debacle.

More a military operation, building clear in a war zone than a school.

Edited by Voodoo

22 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Sounds like it would be a good position to hire a vet for. Put a couple armed vets in each school and pay them well. 

• Like 1

Just now, Voodoo said:

One can not expect a teacher, even one who is ex military to go from teacher to soldier in a split second.

There would be hundreds of students, and only one shooter. 

It would be difficult to identify the actual threat. 

I don't think I could be absolutely certain of the target and take into consideration collateral damage if I opened fire quickly.

It would take time.

Those coppers that did it in Nashville did an excellent job. I think at least one of them was ex military.

I watched the body cam footage.

Room clearing, good command and control.  The dude that was "in charge"  may have been just a deputy, I don't know, but he had his shit together.

More a military operation, building clear in a war zone than a school.

I agree, they definitely did a better job than the idiots in texas did

8 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Sounds like it would be a good position to hire a vet for. Put a couple armed vets in each school and pay them well. 

We seem to be sending money all over the planet instead of taking care of our own!!!!!!  Children's safety in schools. 

Think about the amount of money that is spent on elections also.  

Edited by jonlafon1
  • Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 8:18 AM, Skidooski said:

There has always been a ton of guns in this country. So why are young people committing these heinous acts more and more lately?

Probably because they finally have to face reality, and don,t have a fukking clue on how to handle it.

15 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

That's been the topic which seems to be avoided the most.  Putting in security systems (locked doors) to keep people out, and at least 1 or 2 armed resources in the building.  It shouldn't be that difficult.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Probably because they finally have to face reality, and don,t have a fukking clue on how to handle it.

I think this is the core of the mental health problem. Too many people growing up with no serious consequences for their actions, no disappointment in life( the everyone's a winner), and being babied their whole life. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
17 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I think this is the core of the mental health problem. Too many people growing up with no serious consequences for their actions, no disappointment in life( the everyone's a winner), and being babied their whole life. 

Then the reality of adulthood slaps them in the face.

• Like 1

IMO  the way the world is today , with so much turmoil, grief, politics , and a list that wont stop since are current gubermint has no brains ,, the future is to bleak even on a every day basis,, people are drugged out , drunk ,and in a state of deep depression, most feel trapped like rats ,,the American people need to address mental issues , but it looks like little hope with the present azzzzz   hole in the house

Edited by polaris7541

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

That's been the topic which seems to be avoided the most.  Putting in security systems (locked doors) to keep people out, and at least 1 or 2 armed resources in the building.  It shouldn't be that difficult.

The crazies would simply run kids over with a vehicle while waiting for the bus.

Picture it. All the students gathered in one spot, all lined up.

Pickup truck, full throttle through the crowd.

Who needs a gun?

Might not fit the Democrat narrative, but dead just the same.

Suicide vest, van full of ammonium nitrate, aircraft into a building.

Dead is dead.

Edited by Voodoo

4 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

The crazies would simply run kids over with a vehicle while waiting for the bus.

Picture it. All the students gathered in one spot, all lined up.

Pickup truck, full throttle through the crowd.

Who needs a gun?

Maybe instead of gun controll we need common sense birth control. You need to be a certain age, pass a background check, financial test, IQ test, and mental exam before you get a permit to breed. It would most certainly cut down on the number of kids so therefore the child deaths would also go down

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Maybe instead of gun controll we need common sense birth control. You need to be a certain age, pass a background check, financial test, IQ test, and mental exam before you get a permit to breed. It would most certainly cut down on the number of kids so therefore the child deaths would also go down

I’ve not checked, but I’d be  confident many of the school etc murdering cunts had two parent, normal upbringings.

Accept this.

Now, on the murders in shithole cites like Chicago you are spot on….but we care far less about those murders.

That’s an ESG problem,,,and Joe is on it….

3 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

no way in hell is this country going to give up guns

2 hours ago, Cat45 said:

There's too many hardcore people that will die to keep them

otb, that's what some on the opposing side can't understand.  was the Assault weapon and large magazine ban really that bad?  is there a way they can walk anything back that both sides could tolerate?  I don't honestly know... 

2 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

We seem to be sending money all over the planet instead of taking care of our own!!!!!!  Children's safety in schools. 

Think about the amount of money that is spent on elections also.  

people don't like paying for schools as it is... can't even begin to discuss how many somewhat reasonable referendums haven't passed around here in the past five years and we have great schools and teachers.  our daughter is proof of it if the parents are involved and the kids are motivated to succeed.  of course, we also see the other side of it... where shitty parents raise shitty kids but they're a minority here. 

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

as you and I are both parents and our kids (I believe) are in the same age bracket it's at times crazy to think how long they've been doing active shooter drills.  fuck, we practiced fire drills, tornado drills and nuclear fucking war... not someone coming into school to shoot up a fucking classroom.  that bothers me...

26 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

good luck with that, the ignorant of both parties would never allow having part of their base not procreate... plus imagine the outrage of the religious whacko's, they'd compare that to fucking abortion.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

otb, that's what some on the opposing side can't understand.  was the Assault weapon and large magazine ban really that bad?  is there a way they can walk anything back that both sides could tolerate?  I don't honestly know... 

people don't like paying for schools as it is... can't even begin to discuss how many somewhat reasonable referendums haven't passed around here in the past five years and we have great schools and teachers.  our daughter is proof of it if the parents are involved and the kids are motivated to succeed.  of course, we also see the other side of it... where shitty parents raise shitty kids but they're a minority here. 

as you and I are both parents and our kids (I believe) are in the same age bracket it's at times crazy to think how long they've been doing active shooter drills.  fuck, we practiced fire drills, tornado drills and fuck nuclear fucking war... not someone coming into school to shoot up a fucking classroom.  that bothers me...

good luck with that, the ignorant of both parties would never allow having part of their base not procreate... plus imagine the outrage of the religious whacko's, they'd compare that to fucking abortion.

I'm not sure what your level of experience with guns is but an AR 15 is actually a low powered weapon not this terrifying weapon of war that people claim it is. It's just semi auto like alot of your neighbors have for deer hunting. If you haven't shot 1 you should sometime, they are fun to shoot. As far as the mag size goes, even if they banned 30rd mags, a shooter with minimal training could drop and reload a mag in seconds. Alot of these mass shootings are 4 to 5 dead, not 30 40 50. A smaller mag wouldn't save many if any victims. A skilled shooter with a revolver should be able to hit a minimum 50% of their targets especially in a crowded area before reloading

9 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

I'm not sure what your level of experience with guns is but an AR 15 is actually a low powered weapon not this terrifying weapon of war that people claim it is. It's just semi auto like alot of your neighbors have for deer hunting. If you haven't shot 1 you should sometime, they are fun to shoot. As far as the mag size goes, even if they banned 30rd mags, a shooter with minimal training could drop and reload a mag in seconds. Alot of these mass shootings are 4 to 5 dead, not 30 40 50. A smaller mag wouldn't save many if any victims. A skilled shooter with a revolver should be able to hit a minimum 50% of their targets especially in a crowded area before reloading

anything that looks like a weapon of war is 'scary' and that's not helping matters... especially with a large capacity magazine.   to a point I agree with the large mag argument and if both sides flex and come to the table the mags might be a good place to begin?  but, if you can't kill a deer or wild boar with the rounds in a standard clip... you suck at shooting.    make no mistake, when a would be mass shooter is armed with a 'scary' gun and large capacity mags it is war... a one sided war where the minority loses. 

I don't have answers or solutions... and neither does our elected idiots.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anything that looks like a weapon of war is 'scary' and that's not helping matters... especially with a large capacity magazine.   to a point I agree with the large mag argument and if both sides flex and come to the table the mags might be a good place to begin?  but, if you can't kill a deer or wild boar with the rounds in a standard clip... you suck at shooting.    make no mistake, when a would be mass shooter is armed with a 'scary' gun and large capacity mags it is war... a one sided war where the minority loses. 

I don't have answers or solutions... and neither does our elected idiots.  

I think the problem with the mag argument is that it's a stepping stone to future legislation on lower and lower capacities. Same with banning the AR, the fear is it could lead to a semi auto ban. I could be mistaken but i think semi auto is banned in canada now

Edited by Cat45

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyone care to debunk this?

What about knives? What knife is used in the deadliest knifings?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyone care to debunk this?

1st thing, it's not a assault rifle round, cnn is using wording for the desired effect. . It's a round used in bolt action and single shot rifles too. A ballistic tip .223/5.56 round will cause wound channels like that. A regular lead rd in .223/5.56 won't break apart like that. From my understanding the move by nato to the 5.56 rd was because it wasn't as lethal to the target and took 1 or 2 other combatants off the field by saving the wounded soldier. In ww1 and ww2 .30 cal was the common size rd, also 1 of the most common rd used on big game today. If a .223/5.56 was as powerfull as cnn wants you to believe, it would be used by more big game hunters. 

2 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

1st thing, it's not a assault rifle round, cnn is using wording for the desired effect. . It's a round used in bolt action and single shot rifles too. A ballistic tip .223/5.56 round will cause wound channels like that. A regular lead rd in .223/5.56 won't break apart like that. From my understanding the move by nato to the 5.56 rd was because it wasn't as lethal to the target and took 1 or 2 other combatants off the field by saving the wounded soldier. In ww1 and ww2 .30 cal was the common size rd, also 1 of the most common rd used on big game today. If a .223/5.56 was as powerfull as cnn wants you to believe, it would be used by more big game hunters. 

sorry, I couldn't find a Fox news version  :)

wife and I are about to watch a movie so I'm stepping out for now... 

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what about....?   stick to the topic... please

Have you ever shot an AR or other hunting type rifles like a .270 or 3006 or .308? The recoil and power of the .223/5.56 is alot less than a high powered big game cartridge