Check your account email address ×

Doomed

8 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Environment "guy".  Not "environmentalist".  I think everyone should try, by all reasonable means, to keep things as clean and preserved in as close to a natural state as possible knowing we cannot keep them in perfect and naturally pristine conditions everywhere and all the time.  However, my own hypocrisy only goes so far.  SOOOOO, I think some should try a much, much harder...so I can try a bit less. :lol:

Good 'nuff?

Everyone is an "environment guy".......right up until it impedes their preferred lifestyle. 😂

Edited by Im4snow
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, f7ben said:

There should be significant setbacks to operating industry near any waterway , river lake etc etc. Zero is the acceptable number for pollutants emitted into a lake.

We just need to go ahead and regulate the dirty integrated mill out of existence .....mini-mills pollute about 3% as much 

and at the same time keep a open and free trade policy right?

13 hours ago, f7ben said:

We could easily double the population and reduce pollution at the same time...

Sure we could....but we won't. My concern is economic growth. Ask yourself why the economy must grow or all hell breaks loose? It is because the world economies are all Ponzi schemes. It is a pyramid scam, always having to add to the bottom in order to stave off collapse. The system of debt is at the root of it, consumer debt and government debt, all designed to drive all the wealth to a select few. When I say wealth, I am talking real wealth not FS baller wealth. So, we have to grow populations and economies to keep the scam running, but what are we growing into? It will fail, and it will not be much longer before it does, I estimate less than forty years before the entire world economy collapses completely and billions die.

11 hours ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I only get bottles as I like the sound of glass breaking . It's the little kid in me I guess

I like bottles so I can throw them at on coming sleds who come around the corner on the wrong side...

8 hours ago, Boered said:

Sure we could....but we won't. My concern is economic growth. Ask yourself why the economy must grow or all hell breaks loose? It is because the world economies are all Ponzi schemes. It is a pyramid scam, always having to add to the bottom in order to stave off collapse. The system of debt is at the root of it, consumer debt and government debt, all designed to drive all the wealth to a select few. When I say wealth, I am talking real wealth not FS baller wealth. So, we have to grow populations and economies to keep the scam running, but what are we growing into? It will fail, and it will not be much longer before it does, I estimate less than forty years before the entire world economy collapses completely and billions die.

Moto approves this post.

8 hours ago, Boered said:

Well if population growth was stagnet then you might have a legitimate argument CUNT but that is not the case case, unless the population is steady you need economic growth or you lose wealth you ignorant know nothing sack of shit :guzzle: FUCK ARE YOU DUMB 

• Like 1

Just now, Momorider said:

Well if population growth was stagnet then you might have a legitimate argument CUNT but that is not the case case, unless the population is steady you need economic growth or you lose wealth you ignorant know nothing sack of shit :guzzle: FUCK ARE YOU DUMB 

What a pleasant response. :lol:

Related image

How about forced basic recycling. We could have do it 30 years ago. It should be criminal to put plastic in a landfill and some back woods uneveolved places don't even recycle aluminum cans. Probably Indiana and Ohio lol

Hybrid drivers are a joke. Don't even want a recycled door on thier car

Edited by washedupmxer

39 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

How about forced basic recycling. We could have do it 30 years ago. It should be criminal to put plastic in a landfill and some back woods uneveolved places don't even recycle aluminum cans. Probably Indiana and Ohio lol

Hybrid drivers are a joke. Don't even want a recycled door on thier car

I listened to a TED talk from to teenage girls who started a school project about how many plastic bags get thrown away on their tiny island of Bali .....they ended up crusading to ban plastic bags and after a few years and getting many people on board they no longer allow plastic bags on the island. The amount of plastic grocery bags that go into the ocean and the landfill is staggering.

I no longer use plastic bags after listening to that....give me paper

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I listened to a TED talk from to teenage girls who started a school project about how many plastic bags get thrown away on their tiny island of Bali .....they ended up crusading to ban plastic bags and after a few years and getting many people on board they no longer allow plastic bags on the island. The amount of plastic grocery bags that go into the ocean and the landfill is staggering.

I no longer use plastic bags after listening to that....give me paper

•  

What about biodegradable plastics?  Microorganisms can convert biodegradable plastics into water, carbon dioxide, and biomass—with no nasty chemical leftovers. However, there is a lot of confusion surrounding these eco-friendlier plastics—some of it intentional. "This word 'biodegradable' has become very attractive to people trying to make quick bucks on it," explains Narayan, who helped develop biodegradable corn-based plastic. Some companies, he says, are making conventional plastic that degrades quickly and then throwing around claims about biodegradability that are unproven or just too good to be true.

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

head to  CA they dont have plastic bags and charge u for the paper ones . they deserve everything they get

Yep, I was just there. .  But their paper bags are very durable and can be used many times.  They charge 10 cents for them.  They also have biodegradable plastic bags hey charge 10 cents for.  They are slightly larger and much more durable than a standard walmart plastic bag.  Cali gets this right.  :bc: