Check your account email address ×

Tesla Ludicrous

My brother in law had a 10k deposit on the SUV and told me all about the cool shit Tesla does for its owners. There were so many delays on the SUV that he got his deposit back with interest . He ended up with a Macon GTS.  Hell of a lot nicer than the Tesla SUV that has had its share of problems. He was one of over 8 thousand people with a deposit and waiting for one at the time. There is a demand for the Tesla,it's the new in car.

11 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The onboard always tells you how close charging stations are.

The fork lift stations at your work won't do the job you cheap bastard. You should look at a Used golf cart.:lol:

9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

What is the mtbf of the electronics on a Chevy, Benz, Toyota, etc?

All the same and obsolete within 5 years.  Don't want a car that needs them updated to function, but that may be the way of the future regardless. 

19 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My brother in law had a 10k deposit on the SUV and told me all about the cool shit Tesla does for its owners. There were so many delays on the SUV that he got his deposit back with interest . He ended up with a Macon GTS.  Hell of a lot nicer than the Tesla SUV that has had its share of problems. He was one of over 8 thousand people with a deposit and waiting for one at the time. There is a demand for the Tesla,it's the new in car.

Still a relatively new company and they are having some growing pains. I still like supporting new tech built in the USA... :bc:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

They have supercharger stations that do a full charge in 25 minutes, you tell the car where your road trip destination is and it will have you stop at those stations. I was skeptical walking into the dealership, walking out not so much,

The superchargers are few and far between when you don't live in mass humanity like the Midwest.  The closest one to me is 400 miles away, so you would have to plan trips carefully.  As far as range goes, a wind, temperature, speed will all reduce those published perfect condition ranges.  I've never attained EPA ratings on a gas vehicle, I wouldn't expect to on EV's either.  

37 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Until the electronics start to fail.  What is the mtbf on them. 

Static component life vs mechanical????  All the moving parts in a combustion engine and transmission are huge compared to and EV power train. 

FWIW, I think Musk is one shade of grey away from a snake oil salesman.  He's wrote a lot of cheques that I don't think he will be able to cover once the shine starts coming off his brand.  Maybe I'm wrong, but time will tell.  I wouldn't be a share holder going forward though.  

1 hour ago, Sludgey said:

Deamon kills that turd 

Kills Camaros and vettes. The demon is a one dimensional car. The Tesla is a daily driver that can whoop the shit out of most cars at the track. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Kills Camaros and vettes. The demon is a one dimensional car. The Tesla is a daily driver that can whoop the shit out of most cars at the track. 

Deamon is also a DD

4 minutes ago, sledderj said:

The superchargers are few and far between when you don't live in mass humanity like the Midwest.  The closest one to me is 400 miles away, so you would have to plan trips carefully.  As far as range goes, a wind, temperature, speed will all reduce those published perfect condition ranges.  I've never attained EPA ratings on a gas vehicle, I wouldn't expect to on EV's either.  

Static component life vs mechanical????  All the moving parts in a combustion engine and transmission are huge compared to and EV power train. 

FWIW, I think Musk is one shade of grey away from a snake oil salesman.  He's wrote a lot of cheques that I don't think he will be able to cover once the shine starts coming off his brand.  Maybe I'm wrong, but time will tell.  I wouldn't be a share holder going forward though.  

I think this is the future. The more we support this stuff the better the tech is going to get. 

Just now, Sludgey said:

Or people with money 

People with money don't daily drive their race car, brah. Faggots with no money do that. Cuz they can only afford one car. 

Just now, Anler said:

People with money don't daily drive their race car, brah. Faggots with no money do that. Cuz they can only afford one car. 

They prob bought 2 or 3 and all are VERY fast 

3 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Or people with money 

My one buddies a millionaire many times over...he has a Tesla....never drives it....his daily driver is a denali 3/4 ton pick up. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

I think this is the future. The more we support this stuff the better the tech is going to get. 

I think it could be too, but let the market decide.  Governments pretty much fuck up everything they touch. :bc:  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

My one buddies a millionaire many times over...he has a Tesla....never drives it....his daily driver is a denali 3/4 ton pick up. :lol:

Prob cause he's embarrassed. Teslas are for hipster broke people who want to look rich 

8 minutes ago, Anler said:

Sure, but there is no f'n way I am waiting 3 minutes to get going let alone 25 at a supercharge station.  Also having a kick ass stereo will sap that battery in no time:lol:

2 minutes ago, Sludgey said:

Prob cause he's embarrassed. Teslas are for hipster broke people who want to look rich 

Not likely...hes got a whole whack of cars he doesnt drive.

3 minutes ago, sledderj said:

I think it could be too, but let the market decide.  Governments pretty much fuck up everything they touch. :bc:  

Not really... We can thank govt emissions for the awesome ETEC which all other continue to try to mimmick... :bc: