Check your account email address ×

The odds are in favor of Hunter Biden in imminent lawsuit against computer repairman

The more I read into the Hunter laptop right wing boner issue the Moe it looks like a huge fail.

The odds are in favor of Hunter Biden in imminent lawsuit against computer repairman

Right-wingers argue that the computer repairman acquired the laptop as abandoned property, but according to this legal analyst, only the hardware and not the data belongs to the repairman in this case. The repairman cannot use Hunter Biden's copyrighted images, emails, etc. The only permissible action the repairman could have taken with the data is to recover it. 

Both the Mac Shop contract and the Delaware Code do not resolve the question as to what exactly Biden might have abandoned in his failure to pick up his laptop and hard drive. The physical devices are one thing, but what about the underlying data? The Mac Shop’s contract is limited to “equipment” and does not extend to intangible or intellectual property. With respect to any data on which Biden has a copyright claim, for example, it does not seem reasonable that Biden granted anything more than a limited use license to access data for the purpose of recovering it. 

To the extent that the Mac Shop or a third party distributed any content protected by copyright, they may have infringed Biden’s distribution and public performance rights by releasing the content. The alleged raunchy, 12-minute video showing Biden smoking crack while engaged in a sex act, and the other sexually explicit images, may be subject to copyright protection (although Biden may not hold the rights associated therewith if he did not record the video or take the pictures). 

If any of Biden’s data not subject to copyright was stored locally (i.e. on the hard drive itself, not exclusively on the cloud) and accessible without a password, the Mac Shop and other third parties accessing the material may be in the clear.  But it is likely that Biden’s files were protected by a password. Biden may have provided that password to the repair shop—but again, that would have been for the limited purpose of recovering the data.  

https://delawarebusinessnow.com/2020/10/guest-view-hunter-bidens-laptop-and-data-a-legal-and-data-privacy-analysis/ 

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The more I read into the Hunter laptop right wing boner issue the Moe it looks like a huge fail.

Right-wingers argue that the computer repairman acquired the laptop as abandoned property, but according to this legal analyst, only the hardware and not the data belongs to the repairman in this case. The repairman cannot use Hunter Biden's copyrighted images, emails, etc. The only permissible action the repairman could have taken with the data is to recover it. 

Both the Mac Shop contract and the Delaware Code do not resolve the question as to what exactly Biden might have abandoned in his failure to pick up his laptop and hard drive. The physical devices are one thing, but what about the underlying data? The Mac Shop’s contract is limited to “equipment” and does not extend to intangible or intellectual property. With respect to any data on which Biden has a copyright claim, for example, it does not seem reasonable that Biden granted anything more than a limited use license to access data for the purpose of recovering it. 

To the extent that the Mac Shop or a third party distributed any content protected by copyright, they may have infringed Biden’s distribution and public performance rights by releasing the content. The alleged raunchy, 12-minute video showing Biden smoking crack while engaged in a sex act, and the other sexually explicit images, may be subject to copyright protection (although Biden may not hold the rights associated therewith if he did not record the video or take the pictures). 

If any of Biden’s data not subject to copyright was stored locally (i.e. on the hard drive itself, not exclusively on the cloud) and accessible without a password, the Mac Shop and other third parties accessing the material may be in the clear.  But it is likely that Biden’s files were protected by a password. Biden may have provided that password to the repair shop—but again, that would have been for the limited purpose of recovering the data.  

https://delawarebusinessnow.com/2020/10/guest-view-hunter-bidens-laptop-and-data-a-legal-and-data-privacy-analysis/ 

Once he is a witness to a crime, does he not have an obligation to give it to the authorities? The FBI had the evidence and ....

• Gold Member
5 hours ago, SnowRider said:

Are you reading info from Gym?  :lol: 

I'm assuming since you only under stand Rep vs Dem that Gym is a republican something or other. Of course you know I'm not a republican and haven't been for approaching 20 years. 

It must really suck to only view things in neatly packaged pre-conceived notions. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Hunter will not sue as this case would only go to make things worse for the Biden's.  

Actually no it won’t.

I would sue everyone if they downloaded my private information from my laptop and shared it with everyone.

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Actually no it won’t.

I would sue everyone if they downloaded my private information from my laptop and shared it with everyone.

Hunter's legal team can't even admit that the laptop is actually Hunter's.  It is clear that if the Biden team is foolish enough to pursue this it will only backfire as the Shop owner has clearly worked inside the law in his approach to the laptop. The Biden team would be open to discovery which would be a political nightmare.  Try to imagine Hunter being cross examined on prostitutes' and drug questions or emails to his dad and business partners. Beside the laptop story is going to get a good once over in public at House hearings so anything they do to the shop owner is punitive at best at this point.   

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Hunter's legal team can't even admit that the laptop is actually Hunter's.  It is clear that if the Biden team is foolish enough to pursue this it will only backfire as the Shop owner has clearly worked inside the law in his approach to the laptop. The Biden team would be open to discovery which would be a political nightmare.  Try to imagine Hunter being cross examined on prostitutes' and drug questions or emails to his dad and business partners. Beside the laptop story is going to get a good once over in public at House hearings so anything they do to the shop owner is punitive at best at this point.   

You’re starting Clay Higgins threads - sit down bud :lol: 

39 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

You’re starting Clay Higgins threads - sit down bud :lol: 

The Suit against the computer repairman is an act of desperation at best.  Even you must have doubts as to why they would even float this crazy idea.  The laptop might be the Clinton Blue dress in as much as it could get the public to focus on the Hookers and blow aspect and ignore the back room deals at the behest of Hunter's dad but even that brings into question the underage girl pics.  Some of that might have worked but now that Joe has a special council and top secret documents next to the vette I think we can move on.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

The Suit against the computer repairman is an act of desperation at best.  Even you must have doubts as to why they would even float this crazy idea.  The laptop might be the Clinton Blue dress in as much as it could get the public to focus on the Hookers and blow aspect and ignore the back room deals at the behest of Hunter's dad but even that brings into question the underage girl pics.  Some of that might have worked but now that Joe has a special council and top secret documents next to the vette I think we can move on.  

:lol: You’re in cahoots with a bunch of congressional morons who got lit up this week by the facts, Dems, and defending the indefensible.  Keep rolling with your narrative :lmao: 

3 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

:lol: You’re in cahoots with a bunch of congressional morons who got lit up this week by the facts, Dems, and defending the indefensible.  Keep rolling with your narrative :lmao: 

So is the laptop in the possession of the FBI real or fake?  simple question really.