Check your account email address ×

Central MN Riding

Sled_Hed

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

Well WTF.  Do I need to completely unpack all my crap that's put away for summer?

My sleds went into storage last Thursday. They're on the trailer so it wouldn't take much to get them out but I'm thinking they'll stay where they are.

7 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

My sleds went into storage last Thursday. They're on the trailer so it wouldn't take much to get them out but I'm thinking they'll stay where they are.

Same, it'd have to be a helluva storm for me to get them back out.

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

Same, it'd have to be a helluva storm for me to get them back out.

Our club has been talking about how we can try to "discourage" anyone from riding, if we get decent snow.  The main point we have to make is, land owners (most of them) have requested we remove signs so they can get in their fields .. so without signs, there's no trail system.  Plus, we don't wanna piss any of the land owners off.  Not to mention, gates are closed and there's zero frost in the ground.

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Our club has been talking about how we can try to "discourage" anyone from riding, if we get decent snow.  The main point we have to make is, land owners (most of them) have requested we remove signs so they can get in their fields .. so without signs, there's no trail system.  Plus, we don't wanna piss any of the land owners off.  Not to mention, gates are closed and there's zero frost in the ground.

This is one situation where a system similar to Wisconsin would be useful rather than having a hard date of April 1. Local clubs here have a little more flexibility due to not much if any stakes in crop fields,but most swamps and creeks are open so I don't see the fun in riding those conditions. 

Screenshot_20240321_081547_Facebook.jpg

2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

This is one situation where a system similar to Wisconsin would be useful rather than having a hard date of April 1. Local clubs here have a little more flexibility due to not much if any stakes in crop fields,but most swamps and creeks are open so I don't see the fun in riding those conditions. 

100% agree on the idea of adopting Wisconsin's trail policies.  I like how they close as needed, and are determined by each county/alliance.  The hard start/stop dates by MN obviously have been in place forever, but it gets hard to enforce when conditions are less than ideal.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Bontz said:

If I do go ride it'll solely be in the ditch.  A singular snowfall won't make me want to "test" the trails anyways.  I realize others aren't like me, but there is so much great ditch riding I don't really need the trail system anyways.

29 minutes ago, Bontz said:

100% agree on the idea of adopting Wisconsin's trail policies.  I like how they close as needed, and are determined by each county/alliance.  The hard start/stop dates by MN obviously have been in place forever, but it gets hard to enforce when conditions are less than ideal.

Absolutely.  Hard dates aren't hard when there is no snow.  Would love to see some exceptions for later in certain areas if allowed as well when the snow makes sense.

• Like 2

And you can work it the other way.  Like this year when southern Sconnie had a shit ton of snow, groomers were out running all over (I was there, I passed 4 or 5).  Then the very next day they shut them down to “save the base” when the forecast had shown your snow wasn’t going to last.  Why not let everyone ride them 2-3-4 more days until the warmth actually arrived??

I stand by my earlier comments.  I don’t mind Sconnies county by county method, but I like MN’s ride ‘em if you can better.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Minnesota Snowmobile Riders has been insufferable the last few days.  I'm going to guess quite a few clubs will be loosing trails next season.

I was on that page and didn't last a week, had to leave, seemed pretty toxic

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I was on that page and didn't last a week, had to leave, seemed pretty toxic

You could say that for like half the sledding pages out there.  I'd even say the majority.

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

You could say that for like half the sledding pages out there.  I'd even say the majority.

Fully agree with that 

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Fully agree with that 

I swear when someone asks advise on something and you give them advise they don't want to hear, or tell them something they don't want to hear, it makes those retards even more determined to fuck shut up more and faster.

Edited by racinfarmer

Rode the Cheetah around the yard about 10 miles today.  Boys are out terrorizing the CRP now.

Wonder how many shortsighted and selfish people are going to be ripping across private property in the next week or so, fucking shit up for a lot of clubs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Rode the Cheetah around the yard about 10 miles today.  Boys are out terrorizing the CRP now.

Wonder how many shortsighted and selfish people are going to be ripping across private property in the next week or so, fucking shit up for a lot of clubs.

Judging by the trolls on MN Snowmobile Riders I'd say thats a pretty good chance.

On 3/22/2024 at 8:41 PM, Sled_Hed said:

Judging by the trolls on MN Snowmobile Riders I'd say thats a pretty good chance.

I checked it this morning after moving shit around the shop.  

There needs to be public executions for those who cannot behave themselves on that page.

So many short-sighted people who are only living for the next 72 hours and fuck everyone else.

Edited by racinfarmer

17 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I checked it this morning after moving shit around the shop.  

There needs to be public executions for those who cannot behave themselves on that page.

So many short-sighted people who are only living for the next 72 hours and fuck everyone else.

Well unfortunately that seems to be everything these days. People are so focused on themselves, Fuck everyone else. God forbid someone posts about respecting private land.

14 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Current conditions...mint!:whiteflag:

Screenshot_20240325_161603_Facebook.jpg

I’d stop by that sled

pull it out load it in my truck and take it home!!!

nice xlt way it looks!!

21 minutes ago, X2700 said:

I’d stop by that sled

pull it out load it in my truck and take it home!!!

nice xlt way it looks!!

It does look clean. Guy said he shouldn't have took a second chance on the wet area lol.

We have enough for some good ditch riding, and I still have a sled with LAST year's gas in it, so I think I gotta get rid of it somehow.

• Like 1