Check your account email address ×

Exotic Car Trader - are they legit?

ICG

Exotic Car Trader  online brokerage / car dealership in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Found them by accident while surfing AutoTrader.com.  . .

Anyone ever used them?  Can't vett their authenticity.......  They l appear.a ghost as Secretary of States office has no info, AG's office can't see them on States data base ...DMV never answered the phones today 

Supposedly, their client accepted my offer on a Mercedes convertible . . .

They want to be paid, send me a title overnight & ship the car.....

Other than a web page & a strip mall address, nothing comes up.

Maaaaybe their legitimate , but everything looks like a scham.

???  Anybody heard anything about this site?

Thanks

Something I learned some time ago when buying and selling cars at the auctions, if you can't touch it, feel it, see a car fax, walk away.  Other thing I learned is don't ever buy a car in the rain when its wet, hides all the flaws in the cheesy body work.  :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

Go on Cars & Bids if you're looking for an auction site, we've sold 8 cars on there the past 3 months. It's a legit safe site. If you want to browse exotics for sale look at Miller Motorcar

• Like 1

I will have my Agent and his/her Accountant contact you.

I will need a bank account number so that I can verify the monies are in your bank account for the agreed purchase price before we proceed with the sale.

I will need 70% of the money upfront in a cashiers check made out to Cash, once the money has been deposited in my account and cleared my Agent will contact you with the shipping details, the title and date of expected delivery. Upon delivery my Agent will need another cashiers check for the other 30% of the agreed selling price. My Agent will travel with you to your local Notary and transfer the vehicles title into your name. If you do not want to send a cashiers check I will need the 70% of the agreed to selling price in Home Depot or Lowes Gift Cards.

My Agent will be in touch with you once we receive you bank information, 

Thank you in advance for you purchase.

I was listening to a podcast and FL is one of the easiest states to title vehicles. They advised to be wary of importers and fly by night operations. Especially when the vehicle needs to be transfered to an other state.  They also named some good importers but had lots of stories about scamers and illegal imported vehicles.

11 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Something I learned some time ago when buying and selling cars at the auctions, if you can't touch it, feel it, see a car fax, walk away.  Other thing I learned is don't ever buy a car in the rain when its wet, hides all the flaws in the cheesy body work.  :lol: 

Bizzare....they have  a  Car Fax  Report....   but,  probably anything can be fabricated

30 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

If this is the same one their business name isn’t exotic cat trader or whatever. This what they list the actual owners are on Facebook. Sounds sketchy though 

9710F76B-B184-4A65-BEBD-45CFEAA2BB15.png

The serbia would make me nervious. Lotta internet criminals in eastern europe

• 1 year later...

I was hesitant to work with them as well. however, after doing my homework looked them up on Florida bus. gov site /  fl dmv call / and PI research and verified they’ve been in bus for over a decade with a bonded and active dealers license with the same two owners - not something a flyby night company would do. Plus most of their good reviews (and they have a lot of them) have pictures uploaded from the reviewer of the actual car they bought or sold - I’ve verified/matched those pictures with pretty much every “sold” vehicle in their site, so that’s super encouraging that most (if not all) of their reviews are legit. I looked into the Serbia thing. Most of these successful tech-based companies have teams overseas to do a lot of the technical work since they are significantly cheaper than overpaid American developers. Coincidently enough, I have several acquaintances and friends that have bought or sold on their platform and they all stated they had a quite pleasant experience with no red flags or issues.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:52 PM, ICG said:

Exotic Car Trader  online brokerage / car dealership in Fort Lauderdale, FL.

Found them by accident while surfing AutoTrader.com.  . .

Anyone ever used them?  Can't vett their authenticity.......  They l appear.a ghost as Secretary of States office has no info, AG's office can't see them on States data base ...DMV never answered the phones today 

Supposedly, their client accepted my offer on a Mercedes convertible . . .

They want to be paid, send me a title overnight & ship the car.....

Other than a web page & a strip mall address, nothing comes up.

Maaaaybe their legitimate , but everything looks like a scham.

???  Anybody heard anything about this site?

Thanks

Did you ever do anything with this ?