Check your account email address ×

Catalyst first review

Rod

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yesterday the trails were crusty and setup hard. Studs would dead hook and an unstudded track would not have the same hole shot 

I believe it but we generally don’t get those melts too make the snow crusty until sometime in March. So for most of the season a studded track is basically like a rake in the sand 

you could come trail riding here, see 100 sleds and I bet not a single one is studded. You’ll see way more large tracks. Just different country here 

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

I believe it but we generally don’t get those melts too make the snow crusty until sometime in March. So for most of the season a studded track is basically like a rake in the sand 

you could come trail riding here, see 100 sleds and I bet not a single one is studded. You’ll see way more large tracks. Just different country here 

Yah different conditions , the trails didn’t really get setup hard here until it got -20f the other night. Now they are rock hard and I could actually use scratchers 

22 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’m getting my faggot bc 1.75 taken off this week. Hate it , way too slow. Literally like dragging a 20lb anchor 

Why don,t you cut it down to whatever height you want it to be ? Very easy to do with a sharp knife .

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Weren’t f7’s closer to 138-140?

The early ones weren’t. They claimed that. You could make them have that kind of power by leaning them down. Out of the box the 03-04 f7 made just over 130hp

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Why don,t you cut it down to whatever height you want it to be ? Very easy to do with a sharp knife .

The easiest way is to sharpen the back side of a sawzall blade. Slides through like a hot knife in butter and then man you have a hard, sharp lug 

Edited by ACE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

I need to change all 5 shaft bearings anyways so I just got a rip2 1.25 to put on it. I’m going to cut the rip2 down to 14” wide though before it goes on. 

• Like 1

Just now, f7ben said:

I need to change all 5 shaft bearings anyways so I just got a rip2 1.25 to put on it. I’m going to cut the rip2 down to 14” wide though before it goes on. 

Dang just looking for mph 

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

The early ones weren’t. They claimed that. You could make them have that kind of power by leaning them down. Out of the box the 03-04 f7 made just over 130hp

No 03 was all of 140 for the efi sled. They were very lean. In 2004 they were fattened up significantly and made less power. 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Dang just looking for mph 

It’s pretty crazy how much better they free wheel through the midrange and into the top end numbers with a narrower track. F7 and CFR made that abundantly clear. 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

No 03 was all of 140 for the efi sled. They were very lean. In 2004 they were fattened up significantly and made less power. 

Plus the lighter crank in 03, 10 tooth drivers. By the time the 05’s with the diamond drive came out and the small secondary they were a lot slower 

2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s pretty crazy how much better they free wheel through the midrange and into the top end numbers with a narrower track. F7 and CFR made that abundantly clear. 

Yeah it definitely makes a difference. That new\old track I put on the f3 600 is grenading so I’m getting a 14” wide 1.5” free ride to try on it 

them CFR’s with the 14 wide hacksaw had leggggssss 

Edited by ACE

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Yeah it definitely makes a difference. That new\old track I put on the f3 600 is grenading so I’m getting a 14” wide 1.5” free ride to try on it 

them CFR’s with the 14 wide hacksaw had leggggssss 

Yup when I went from the 144x15” wide 1.25 on my z1 to the 14” hacksaw it really picked up a lot of sled lengths in 1000’ 

It looks nothing like an IQR or anything Polaris has ever made.
It looks nothing like anything Doo has ever made.

So far the reviews are very good, it may be the best handling sled on the market.
As far as the 600, thats not uncommon, the Rush first  debuted with only a 600 in 2010.
I think Catalyst will do very well, however it needs, at this point, atleast a 880-920ish cc motor, maybe with an optional Turbo. Overall great job cat, sled is very nice.

1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

So far the reviews are very good, it may be the best handling sled on the market.
As far as the 600, thats not uncommon, the Rush first  debuted with only a 600 in 2010.
I think Catalyst will do very well, however it needs, at this point, atleast a 880-920ish cc motor, maybe with an optional Turbo. Overall great job cat, sled is very nice.

:lol: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Ya not similar at all.

Screenshot_20230129_130116.jpg

Screenshot_20230129_130229.jpg

2 minutes ago, stinkipinki said:

Yeah it seems like it could be a nice upgrade but the 600 just doesn’t really crank my hog that much. It’s probably a good machine but the fit and finish and possible same old boring gauge are gonna hold it back some. Unless they do massive deals on snow check only like they did before 

at this point I’m not sure there’s anything about it that would make me want one over something else if they’re the same price. Time will tell I guess. 

Just now, Carlos Danger said:

Next time is snows I will dig out the old F7 and put some woop ass on these new sleds.   If memory serves the the 03 and 06 were the fast ones.  

Yup

i used to race them. Actually the rules really neutered the 05

Just now, stinkipinki said:

They don't look similar at all.
The Polaris nose is massive and the suspension on the Catalyst is vastly different and superior.

At first glance they do resemble each other but the more you look they are different 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, stinkipinki said:

They don't look similar at all.
The Polaris nose is massive and the suspension on the Catalyst is vastly different and superior.

Very similar. 

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Yup

i used to race them. Actually the rules really neutered the 05

I would think the 800 ho CFR would have been the fastest firecat.   Guy had a 1000 CFR out here on the lake and it was not that much better than mine off the line and suffered with the track on top.  I think the only stock sled that had more top end was the RX1.  The F7 went by the Fusion 900 like it was in reverse.  

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yeah it seems like it could be a nice upgrade but the 600 just doesn’t really crank my hog that much. It’s probably a good machine but the fit and finish and possible same old boring gauge are gonna hold it back some. Unless they do massive deals on snow check only like they did before 

at this point I’m not sure there’s anything about it that would make me want one over something else if they’re the same price. Time will tell I guess. 

I think its a perfect time, which is why there is all the buzz.
That video is nearing 50,000 views in a day.

The sled looks great, and we haven't seen the wild colors yet, rumor is there's an all red and it looks killer.
Polaris just recalled all of thier sleds and Doo's G5 is just a G4 with a few small updates.
The floor is Cat's and I see these doing well.