Check your account email address ×

Catalyst first review

Rod

Just now, ACE said:

I’ve spent a lot of time on different sleds and I’ll agreed that a snappy 120-130 hp is all you need in the bush to gape other people 

but it’s just not exciting 

personally speaking have two nearly identical sleds... one is 85-ish hp, the other 130-ish+ 

the 130-ish+ one with XC gearing will hang the skis at 1mph or 61mph but the 85hp can be literally ridden fully up the 130+'s ass with the flipper closer to the bars the entire time in the twisty stuff.  as soon as there's a field or open space it switches and the bigger hp sled runs away.  if I had to sell one or the other which I don't plan to... I'd keep the 85hp and swap out the very premium shocks with the other still premium shocks before selling it. 

funny how we all prioritize differently things at times...   

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

personally speaking have two nearly identical sleds... one is 85-ish hp, the other 130-ish+ 

the 130-ish+ one with XC gearing will hang the skis at 1mph or 61mph but the 85hp can be literally ridden fully up the 130+'s ass with the flipper closer to the bars the entire time in the twisty stuff.  as soon as there's a field or open space it switches and the bigger hp sled runs away.  if I had to sell one or the other which I don't plan to... I'd keep the 85hp and swap out the very premium shocks with the other still premium shocks before selling it. 

funny how we all prioritize differently things at times...   

yeah in the right stuff you don’t need a lot of hp. But in the straights, 180+ Hp is just a lot more fun 

• Like 1

Just now, ACE said:

yeah in the right stuff you don’t need a lot of hp. But in the straights, 180+ Hp is just a lot more fun 

I know it won't be much in the straights but I'll be driving my sons Matryx Khaos Boost 155" Slash this week as he got home last night with it.

Gonna take the SLP pipe off his 17 Assault and put it on my Tippy Axys :thumb:

1 minute ago, HSR said:

I know it won't be much in the straights but I'll be driving my sons Matryx Khaos Boost 155" Slash this week as he got home last night with it.

don't park too close to a G4 or G5 in a parking lot, those tip over on their own.  last winter three sleds were lost for the season when a Doo was parked at a four degree angle.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

careful... these waters are chalk full of small dicks

I've had a small dick LUNKER following my bait all week , doesn't matter what I throw out he takes a run at it. Not a trophy by any stretch of the imagination but it's a lot of fun playing with it.

17 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Stop you and I both know you don't like speed so drop the fast guy attitude. Come on C2C what are you trying to prove. Knock it off.  

go back a page or two pal... 

you heading to the spud fields anytime soon?  I'm like twenty minutes away and more than happy to let you buy me dinner after whuppin' you through the woods with a kids sled.  :lol2:  

14 minutes ago, HSR said:

winners are rocking the 9R... apparently he didn't listen to Gym 

:roflcrying:

go back a page or two pal... 

you heading to the spud fields anytime soon?  I'm like twenty minutes away and more than happy to let you buy me dinner after whuppin' you through the woods with a kids sled.  :lol2:  

I know and you know your not a fan of high speed on the lake fields or in the woods. Are you just trying to keep up an image, you don't have too. Go ride have fun and get home safe. 

I am not fast anymore, 2 surgery's will do that. 

1 minute ago, Badger** said:

I know and you know your not a fan of high speed on the lake fields or in the woods. Are you just trying to keep up an image, you don't have too. Go ride have fun and get home safe. 

I am not fast anymore, 2 surgery's will do that. 

no, given the rational opportunity I'll crack the tap open but you know what most trails around here are like and one can only use WOT for more than a mere moment unless you're on the rails beds or fields.  image?  :lol: how many times have I gotten ball busted for riding a kids/girls sled?  

I'm sorry about your brain surgeries... so I'll buy dinner ya cheap fawcker.  ;)

• Haha 1

no, given the rational opportunity I'll crack the tap open but you know what most trails around here are like and one can only use WOT for more than a mere moment unless you're on the rails beds or fields.  image?  :lol: how many times have I gotten ball busted for riding a kids/girls sled?  

I'm sorry about your brain surgeries... so I'll buy dinner ya cheap fawcker.  ;)

Your better than this C2C. 

43 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

whuuu... never mind.  9_9

You meet out on Summit Lake this Saturday after a few runs on the lake we can go dice it out in the woods Summit to Elcho on the east side of hwy 45. Feel better now.:thumbsup: Dinner at Billy Timbers or The Dock.  

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

You meet out on Summit Lake this Saturday after a few runs on the lake we can go dice it out in the woods Summit to Elcho on the east side of hwy 45. Feel better now.:thumbsup: Dinner at Billy Timbers or The Dock.  

this weekend is out... brother is coming in from Rhode Island for a week to go riding on his b-day.  how long is that lake, and for your sake how close is Langlade Memorial Hospital?  guess I have to fill the nitrous cannister back up again...     

this weekend is out... brother is coming in from Rhode Island for a week to go riding on his b-day.  how long is that lake, and for your sake how close is Langlade Memorial Hospital?  guess I have to fill the nitrous cannister back up again...     

The following weekend then but around the 25th I have the ill show.  

• Like 1