Check your account email address ×

Really…Is This For Real?

Wife has been doing the 4 day work week for years, works fine for her, but it is a large hospital that never closes. Not sure how you could operate a small business that requires you being available to customers and other businesses.   I would love to work less, but it isn’t feasible.  With no employees who want to work.  I am receptionist,  secretary,  estimator , janitor,  porter, detailer, then I work on cars to make money. 

overwhelmed.  The shittier all these other businesses are doing because of horrible employees, the more people are seeking us out.  

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Cold War said:

Wife has been doing the 4 day work week for years, works fine for her, but it is a large hospital that never closes. Not sure how you could operate a small business that requires you being available to customers and other businesses.   I would love to work less, but it isn’t feasible.  With no employees who want to work.  I am receptionist,  secretary,  estimator , janitor,  porter, detailer, then I work on cars to make money. 

overwhelmed.  The shittier all these other businesses are doing because of horrible employees, the more people are seeking us out.  

Sounds like you need to spend less time there and get more done when you're there!!!!

:lol:

:bc:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Sounds like you need to spend less time there and get more done when you're there!!!!

:lol:

:bc:

Right. :lol:

I have cut back weekends.  You reach a point where you are just burning your self out and actually producing less. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

If they get it done in 5 it's a 5 hour job!

You fucking liberal retards are something else 🖕🤦

In the autobody world I don’t think that is how it works….  Customer is billed for a set amount of hours despite it taking less time.

• Gold Member
Just now, Cold War said:

Right. :lol:

I have cut back weekends.  You reach a point where you are just burning your self out and actually producing less. 

That happens above 32 hours according to the global study.  More productivity the less hours worked is typically the case

1 minute ago, BOHICA said:

In the autobody world I don’t think that is how it works….  Customer is billed for a set amount of hours despite it taking less time.

Yeah, billed at under $50 hr.  If you aren’t cutting it half,  you aren’t making money. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

With no employees who want to work.  I am receptionist,  secretary,  estimator , janitor,  porter, detailer, then I work on cars to make money. 

It's a thankless job but I get to mingle with you guys so I enjoy it :bc:

34 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

That happens above 32 hours according to the global study.  More productivity the less hours worked is typically the case

Eh, 40hrs is nothing for older folks… younger people on the other hand. 

• Like 1

The problem is that after a while you'll get workers complaining about the 32 hr work week. Seems odd that working 32 but getting paid for 40 makes any sense other than to the worker. You're doing 20% less work but getting paid for the extra time that you didn't work. I guess my math skills have deteriorated in my old age.

1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

The problem is that after a while you'll get workers complaining about the 32 hr work week. Seems odd that working 32 but getting paid for 40 makes any sense other than to the worker. You're doing 20% less work but getting paid for the extra time that you didn't work. I guess my math skills have deteriorated in my old age.

They're doing the same work in 32 that they did in 40 and getting paid for 40.

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

We used to work four 10 hours days.

Best shift I ever worked was on a forensic adolescent unit back in the late "80's. It was the 24/40 shift. Worked two 12 hour shifts over the weekend and got paid for 40 hours.  It was great for snowmobiling. Mid week rides in the UP on smoooooth trails. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Best shift I ever worked was on a forensic adolescent unit back in the late "80's. It was the 24/40 shift. Worked two 12 hour shifts over the weekend and got paid for 40 hours.  It was great for snowmobiling. Mid week rides in the UP on smoooooth trails. 

16 and 24. Nice!

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

It only works like that at insurance shops on insurance jobs because cheap fucking asshole insurance companies will only pay 52-55hr around here at least. We basically double or more dent repair times to make the rate realistic. That 1hr actual repair time dent we bill 2 or 3hrs or the most we think we can reasonably get. Most things like r/i’s and r/r’s are set book times you can beat those times but you gotta have a lot of experience and be very efficient.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
8 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

It only works like that at insurance shops on insurance jobs because cheap fucking asshole insurance companies will only pay 52-55hr around here at least. We basically double or more dent repair times to make the rate realistic. That 1hr actual repair time dent we bill 2 or 3hrs or the most we think we can reasonably get. Most things like r/i’s and r/r’s are set book times you can beat those times but you gotta have a lot of experience and be very efficient.

So the tech that does more in less time gets paid like they spent the entire slotted time on the repair.  For example if the tech had a 40 hour job and they are efficient and complete in 32 the tech and the company still get paid for 40 hours of work?

• Gold Member
Just now, BOHICA said:

So the tech that does more in less time gets paid like they spent the entire slotted time on the repair.  For example if the tech had a 40 hour job and they are efficient and complete in 32 the tech and the company still get paid for 40 hours of work?

Ya that’s how flat rate works. Write good work efficient and make good money. non insurance hourly body shop/restoration shops don’t work like that though at least the one I worked at. They bill what you actually work on the job but it’s at a real rate not some make believe insurance rate.