Check your account email address ×

Not working pays more then many professions

• Gold Member

Dang the non working are making a grip!  You think the money is in trades. pfft…..  Chump change compared to not working!

https://committeetounleashprosperity.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Paying-Americans-Not-to-Work.pdf

This study also finds:
• In 24 states, unemployment benefits and ACA subsidies for a family of four with both parents not working are the annualized equivalent of at least the national median household income.
• In 5 states, those two programs provide the same family with both parents not working the annualized equivalent of at least the national median household income and benefits.
• In 14 states, unemployment benefits and ACA subsidies are the equivalent to a head of household earning $80,000 in salary, plus health insurance benefits.
• This is a higher wage than is earned by the national median secondary school teacher, electrician, trucker, machinist, and many other jobs.
• In more than half the states, unemployment benefits and ACA subsidies exceed the value of the salary and benefits of the average firefighter, truck driver, machinist, or retail associate in those states.
• In a dozen states, unemployment benefits and ACA subsidies exceed the value of the salary and benefits of the average teacher, construction worker, or electrician in those states.

Edited by BOHICA

• BOHICA changed the title to Not working pays more then many professions
  • Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

And we don't count the people not looking for work ie.  labor participation rate.

Of course - you only count that when D’s are in the WH :lol: 

17 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

I already be her opinion piece :lol: Plus there’s a lotta secondary values being applied :lol: 

In 24 states, unemployment benefits and Obamacare subsidies for a family of four with two unemployed parents is equivalent to — and in some cases, exceeds — the national median household income, according to a recent study conducted by the economists Casey Mulligan, Erwin Antoni, and Stephen Moore on behalf of the Committee to Unleash Prosperity, a non-profit that promotes free-market economic policy. The national median household income was $78,813 in 2022

13 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

In 24 states, unemployment benefits and Obamacare subsidies for a family of four with two unemployed parents is equivalent to — and in some cases, exceeds — the national median household income, according to a recent study conducted by the economists Casey Mulligan, Erwin Antoni, and Stephen Moore on behalf of the Committee to Unleash Prosperity, a non-profit that promotes free-market economic policy. The national median household income was $78,813 in 2022

Thanks for confirming the misleading nature of the thread.  Well done :bc:

5 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Thanks for confirming the misleading nature of the thread.  Well done :bc:

Not sure how it was misleading, but from what I've seen, you will say anything.

:bc:

• Thanks 2

• Gold Member

I’ve never collected so not sure but don’t they give you a percentage of your weekly wage? It’s not like someone who worked at McDonald’s is gonna be pulling in 100k in unemployment or am I wrong? If I’m wrong I need to work on getting fired harder