Check your account email address ×

Dem Economy So Good…

28 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Strangest economy I can remember. Inflation is killing everyone but everyone is working and everyplace is hiring so that is muting it mostly. 

It’s very odd. I guess it’s better than the bullshit hat occurred during the “70’s and early “80’s. That was horrible. I walked into the job market with 18% unemployment in my area and suck ass wages unless it was a union job. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
32 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Strangest economy I can remember. Inflation is killing everyone but everyone is working and everyplace is hiring so that is muting it mostly. 

It is fucking weird. At some point the housing market decline will have to have an impact. 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

It’s very odd. I guess it’s better than the bullshit hat occurred during the “70’s and early “80’s. That was horrible. I walked into the job market with 18% unemployment in my area and suck ass wages unless it was a union job. 

I graduated in 80. First job outside of school was a const job I had while on co op in school. 

\One day it was " move this pile of morter sand" so we did . When we were done it was " ok , move it back" And knowing the job market at the time , we were happy to.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I graduated in 80. First job outside of school was a const job I had while on co op in school. 

\One day it was " move this pile of morter sand" so we did . When we were done it was " ok , move it back" And knowing the job market at the time , we were happy to.

Pops died when I was 16 so I quit school and tested out on my GED two weeks later. It wasn’t the best decision, but we needed the money at home. I lied about my age so I could go to work at a local creamery. I think the pay was $3.25/hr. It took 6 months before they found out about my age. They fired me. Financially some things had improved at home and I got into tech school. I tried the military, but a fucked up knee kept me out. Things just seem a lot easier for younger people these days. Maybe not? 

1 minute ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Pops died when I was 16 so I quit school and tested out on my GED two weeks later. It wasn’t the best decision, but we needed the money at home. I lied about my age so I could go to work at a local creamery. I think the pay was $3.25/hr. It took 6 months before they found out about my age. They fired me. Financially some things had improved at home and I got into tech school. I tried the military, but a fucked up knee kept me out. Things just seem a lot easier for younger people these days. Maybe not? 

That was good pay back then. I beleive the min wage was around $1.35 an hr. In 81 I worked a prevailing wage job at Patrick air base in Sattalite beack FLA . Prevailing wage was Under $8

Early 80’s worked for guy building grain bins.making $6hr and friends were working McDonald’s for under $3.

thought I had it made!damn tough work though!!

blew $ on beer cars and girls!!!

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

The economy is so good, that people are forced to pay $200 for $100 worth of groceries from less than 2 years ago.  Yep, on fire!!

That's where I notice inflation the most, groceries....just ridiculous

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

The economy is so good, that people are forced to pay $200 for $100 worth of groceries from less than 2 years ago.  Yep, on fire!!

…….and I’ll bet a lot of people are using a credit card to do so.

All will come to a screeching halt here soon enough.  Strong jobs report means the fed will keep raising rates. 

Doesn't matter to me, I'm due for an early retirement with all my Bitcoin, Tesla, and Carvana stonks.