Check your account email address ×

5.1 years

5 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Umm , no .    The hoods on the expi's and f150's along with the gates on the expi's corroded like a motherfucker . 

I had a 98 and did not know it was a alloy hood .did not do anything when I owned but I see it around and the hood is fucked not much paint on it in the center of good. rest of truck not looking to bad .

Umm , no .    The hoods on the expi's and f150's along with the gates on the expi's corroded like a motherfucker . 

Well ell I live on an Island surrounded by salt water and roads are salted in winter and they have held up fine here. Had a 97 with 450,000 km and the hood was original paint so I disagree. But I had a 2010 f150 that the cab corners and rocker panels went to shit at 4 years old 

I'd only buy one with a 6.2 , but 1/2 tons with those are like hens teeth .     I'd do an f150 but will wait a few more years to see how the aluminum holds up

I don't buy $60k pick up trucks. So unless they put that 6.2 in other models they can fuck off. 

1 minute ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well I had 2 of those trucks and just because mine didn't corrode doesn't mean that I didn't get paid to swap out a whole shitload of them over the years :bc:

Brother runs a body shop here. Only thing we have seen is clearcoat didn't stick worth a fuck but the paint did. GM had the same problem years ago in the early to mid 80s 

37 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

hmm 5.1 not bad my 12 bought in 13  f150 bumpers are both solid rust bubbles about 1/4 of them busted open with large rust sections . now my left rear wheel well has a spot on it .

total junk but I will take rust of the last Z71 I traded in on this ford . what a fucking pile of Mexican garbage that thing was.

I am having a guy blast the bumpers soon and having them shot with bed liner. if I keep the truck much longer some bushwackers or something has to happen over fenders

If they are all bubbled up , I wouldn't bother.  It will be back in no time.  When you pull em off you will find the insides scaling with rust. That is where it begins and leaches out to front.

Same with bed sides , one little spot means the inside is all rotten.  Throw some wheel flairs on it and dump it.

6 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well then you ain't buying a chevy without a 5.3 .

My hemi with the 8 speed was the best option at the time. 2 years later and 70,000+ miles I am happy with my decision. 

9 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

How's that ruck been so far , pretty decent ?   

It's been great. Only problem was an exhaust bolt. Sounds like a common thing because when I called to set up the appt he mentioned it. It was fixed in a couple hours. Runs like a top...

if you dont want them to rust away you gotta take care of em and that dosent mean go to the car wash once a month. i have 3 trucks plowing and sanding town roads. so i have way more rust issues than you guys ever thought of. as an example of how much salt gets put out. we put up 3000yds of sand with 300 ton of salt in it. should have 500 ton in it. couple things that do work fluid film $35 a gallon $25 for a cheap under coat gun. bar oil cut with a little diesel fuel. the 04 f250 i traded 3 yrs ago with 130000 on it had no rust no where none. and i dont wash them till spring. anyplace there are using liquid calcium. it melts ice real well along with steel. and it will get into places the carwash will not get to and it attracts moisture and keeps on doing it. on the f250 it takes 2 mins to pull the panels behind the seat. spray flied film no more rusted cab corners. i am not a fan of a boxed frame either or all the holes under the cabs

5 hours ago, Ebsell said:

Brake light on the back of the roof is famous for leaking on F150s. And Ford has known for years and never fixed it. Water runs down to the cab corners and rots them out. 

The CHMSL started leaking on my 2011 Ram about 1-1/2 years ago, when I figured out where the leak was I hit with silicone caulk and it hasn't leaked since.

30 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

Isn't there something electronic you can install on your vehicle that repels salt or some shit ,like the city plows have? No idea how it works 

Sacrificial Anode. They use them on Railroad tracks.

Edited by XCR1250

16 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Sacrificial Anode. They use them on Railroad tracks.

We use them on all our aluminum boats. Static electricity will eat a boat to shit if you don't  use them. Replace them every year. 

Edited by Ebsell