Check your account email address ×

5.1 years

2 minutes ago, Rw06GT said:

I wonder what they did differently from my 03 sport Trac. 267,000 miles,  no body rust and never garaged. We'll see how long it takes for my son to kill it. :lol:

would be big holes in most of that era  explorers/sport trac around here.  Reality is they all rust whether it's a ford, gm , dodge or toyota so theres really nothing you can do about it besides try to keep it cleaned as much as possible. usually in the winter i buy unlimited washes and go through 1-2x a week mostly for the underwash.  Only rust on my 07 at 140k miles was on the shocks and where i had repairs done on the passenger side door skins.  

My 2011 was sprayed with rust protectant when I bought and I take it in once a year for the free checkup. It still looks great and essentially no rust to be found. The rustiest part of the truck is the ball for the snowmobile trailer.

They rust from the inside out.  While keeping the outer panel clean of salt & mud is a great plan, it will do little to help the inner side from rusting through. The inner panels are loaded with foam that collects moisture, like a sponge, and never dries out. 

I cut panels off cars and trucks a year or two old and they have already started to rust.

22 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Brake light on the back of the roof is famous for leaking on F150s. And Ford has known for years and never fixed it. Water runs down to the cab corners and rots them out. 

They did start putting thicker foam on the 13' model lights. Don't know if it helped though. Ive seen a few 09 and up with rotted out corners.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Everything in Maine rusts

Except everything I own that has a blue propeller on it.

2007. 110k.

2011. 105k.

Ford turd... 76k 2011.

Sad!

Just now, Snake said:

Except everything I own that has a blue propeller on it.

2007. 110k.

2011. 105k.

Ford turd... 76k 2011.

Sad!

You probably dont take care of it like you do your other vehicles.

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Guys F150 here rusted the frame in half, he claims the so called boxed frame fills with salt spray through access holes.

wouldn't surprise me my sons jeep tj is getting some framework now because of a similar issue,  mine at least only rusted on the bottom edge many of them are all through

4 hours ago, Snake said:

All it took for the F150 to commence rotting.

Simply unacceptable.

NEVER AGAIN.

hmm 5.1 not bad my 12 bought in 13  f150 bumpers are both solid rust bubbles about 1/4 of them busted open with large rust sections . now my left rear wheel well has a spot on it .

total junk but I will take rust of the last Z71 I traded in on this ford . what a fucking pile of Mexican garbage that thing was.

I am having a guy blast the bumpers soon and having them shot with bed liner. if I keep the truck much longer some bushwackers or something has to happen over fenders

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ram FTMFW!!! Although I may do the unthinkable and try a Toyota... :news:

I'm not going back to GM until they lose that 5.3...

I'd only buy one with a 6.2 , but 1/2 tons with those are like hens teeth .     I'd do an f150 but will wait a few more years to see how the aluminum holds up