Jump to content

Give it some gas JIMMEH!!!


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

ūüėÜ I‚Äôll stick with the trailer¬†

Yeah, eff sled decks.  Top heavy, sleds still get destroyed with road salt.  i guess if you live in the mountains, and the best way to get to the snow, but then only then.  That dude was a complete rookie if he didn't even have minimal throttle control to prevent that.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah, eff sled decks.  Top heavy, sleds still get destroyed with road salt.  i guess if you live in the mountains, and the best way to get to the snow, but then only then.  That dude was a complete rookie if he didn't even have minimal throttle control to prevent that.  

When we were doing lots of mountain trips we had 3 trucks with hydraulic sled decks. I'm contemplating getting one for my sxs. I'm not a fan of ramps on steep angles.

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who owns a sled deck is a stupid motherfucker……really sleds 6 feet off the ground with nothing but a cover for protection?

Buy a enclosed trailer dumbass.

Edited by Mainecat
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Mainecat said:

Anyone who owns a sled deck is a stupid motherfucker……really sleds 6 feet off the ground with nothing but a cover for protection?

Buy a enclosed trailer dumbass.

You've never been to the mountains to ride obviously. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You've never been to the mountains to ride obviously. 

So I have never seen them in Maine for the last 30 years? I guess they were fake then.

Edited by Mainecat
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

So I have never seen them in Maine for the last 30 years? I guess they were fake then.

A newer product that allows mountain riders to go up dead end logging roads without backing a trailer 10 miles out.

They have been in Maine for about a decade or more.

 

Edited by SkisNH
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

When we were doing lots of mountain trips we had 3 trucks with hydraulic sled decks. I'm contemplating getting one for my sxs. I'm not a fan of ramps on steep angles.

:lol:

My buddy had a sled deck...he would always volunteer to drive if I would load and unload the sleds...backing down is scariest as you need to get past the pivot point where your skis are in the air.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

My buddy had a sled deck...he would always volunteer to drive if I would load and unload the sleds...backing down is scariest as you need to get past the pivot point where your skis are in the air.

I wasn't crazy about either on or off. Hydraulic decks are worth every penny. :lol:

 

Edited by Steve753
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jerry 976 said:

717754226_HookedUp.gif.18f57b210382708c3eec70557083d861.gif

I cringe everytime I see that.  You know there were some injuries there.....eesh.  Not to mention just a dumbass thing to do in the first place.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold Member
1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Anyone who owns a sled deck is a stupid motherfucker……really sleds 6 feet off the ground with nothing but a cover for protection?

Buy a enclosed trailer dumbass.

image.gif.fbd72428e84dc4f78bf44efd7448adbd.gif

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm old fashioned..... I prefer  a  Snowbank to back up to load or unload.... drive up relatively slow  into the back of the truck....gently back off onto the snowbank. 

Those hydraulic decks look pretty tempting....Unfortunately,  I don't  have my 1 ton truck any more.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ICG said:

Those hydraulic decks look pretty tempting....Unfortunately,  I don't  have my 1 ton truck any more.  

For 2 Yamaha's at least :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HSR said:

For 2 Yamaha's at least :lol:

Yamahas aren't heavy ... Didn't you see the Yamaha  DVD with Bunny weighing  Yamaha against the competition.....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Trying to pay the bills, lol

×
×
  • Create New...