Check your account email address ×

To anyone who isn't a bootlicking schmuck

1 hour ago, motonoggin said:

Do you want to be known as killers for hire?

There are men who train very hard to the best in combat and they enjoy the task of executing there orders, as long as there are terrorist organizations in the world there will be a need for countries like the US to have highly trained looters and shooters.

• Platinum Contributing Member

While I agree with the first video's general premise there are some things they casually miss.

1. Sale of their energy supplies can also greatly benefit their own countries economically.   Many in this region have little to offer but energy products.  He makes it sound as if they want their reserves to themselves.   I don't think this is entirely truthful.   They need to sell to have an economy that can create other economic means for their people.  

2. While oil is a huge part of the cause of conflict it's pretty naive to think that there are not opposing religious viewpoints that greatly contribute to the conflict.  Most fighters on the ground don't know about the oil, don't care about the oil, they are jihadists or desire to have their brand of Islam spread thru the region and really around the world.  Sure the big players are in it for the energy and supply the weapons but there is plenty of war that would still go on there without us or Russia.

3. No matter the causes of the fighting it is barbaric and civilians are suffering and need help from the INTERNATIONAL community.   Not simply the USA.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

We can stop all the funding of terrorism by just eliminating the source of the funding. OIL

Reduce or eliminate the problem.

Imagine how much it would help with globull warming if you'd shut up

We can stop all the funding of terrorism by just eliminating the source of the funding. OIL

Well how do you propose we do that in a timely manner....what about 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮Natural Gas?

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

While I agree with the first video's general premise there are some things they casually miss.

1. Sale of their energy supplies can also greatly benefit their own countries economically.   Many in this region have little to offer but energy products.  He makes it sound as if they want their reserves to themselves.   I don't think this is entirely truthful.   They need to sell to have an economy that can create other economic means for their people.  

2. While oil is a huge part of the cause of conflict it's pretty naive to think that there are not opposing religious viewpoints that greatly contribute to the conflict.  Most fighters on the ground don't know about the oil, don't care about the oil, they are jihadists or desire to have their brand of Islam spread thru the region and really around the world.  Sure the big players are in it for the energy and supply the weapons but there is plenty of war that would still go on there without us or Russia.

3. No matter the causes of the fighting it is barbaric and civilians are suffering and need help from the INTERNATIONAL community.   Not simply the USA.

Right now with all of our "intelligence" you dont think we can see who and where the terrorist organizations are getting weapons and funding? There is alot of political pressure we could put on them as well as the rest of the civilized world. But we dont, we are in the business of ousting leaders and then letting the chaos that ensues to flourish. 

Al Quieda and ISIS have been funded and weaponized by us and the Saudis. We could start by stopping that... 

1 minute ago, 02sled said:

I don't really think there is any real concern about oil production or control in Syria. After all they only rank #64 in the worlds oil production. Poland, Spain, Germany and even Cuba produce more oil than Syria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

Syria isnt a major producer. You obviously dont know what is going on there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 02sled said:

I don't really think there is any real concern about oil production or control in Syria. After all they only rank #64 in the worlds oil production. Poland, Spain, Germany and even Cuba produce more oil than Syria.

Pipelines not production.

9 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Russia and Iran have almost 1/2 the worlds reserves in NG.  Qatar has the third largest and all want to get production moved through Syria.  Apparently Syria isn't allowed to make their own decisions.

22 minutes ago, Anler said:

Right now with all of our "intelligence" you dont think we can see who and where the terrorist organizations are getting weapons and funding? There is alot of political pressure we could put on them as well as the rest of the civilized world. But we dont, we are in the business of ousting leaders and then letting the chaos that ensues to flourish. 

Al Quieda and ISIS have been funded and weaponized by us and the Saudis. We could start by stopping that... 

I agree that we need to do whatever is politically possible to stop terrorists from getting weapons and training but when they are one and the same with the people we hope to oust a violent regime there is more harm than good to come out of it.

I don't doubt for a second that the "rebels" would use chemical or conventional weapons against innocent civilians if it thought it would benefit them in some way shape or form.  The POTUS needs to prove to the American people that it was Assad before military action, even "just" Tomahawks.  

Besides political pressures I don't see any reason to be ANYWHERE in Syria and most of the ME for that matter.  I'm done with any thinking that we can make a difference there.  Too many ideologies, too many players, too many chances to get entrenched in another decade long quagmire with nothing to gain in the end.  

Focus on making us safe and strong at home and build up our economy and energy production so we don't need their oil.   Use it as much as they will sell it but don't spend a dime militarily to do it.   If Europe wants their fucking pipeline let them deal with the ME and Russia.  

Edited by Highmark

35 minutes ago, Anler said:

Mainecat posted

I simply pointed out that OIL is not the cause or financial supporter of the problems in Syria. The current regime is primarily the root cause of their internal strife

As for oil funding terrorism ISIS or whatever extremist group of the day will always find a way to fund their activities, oil or not.

Edited by 02sled

12 minutes ago, 02sled said:

Mainecat posted

I simply pointed out that OIL is not the cause or financial supporter of the problems in Syria. The current regime is primarily the root cause of their internal strife

As for oil funding terrorism ISIS or whatever extremist group of the day will always find a way to fund their activities, oil or not.

No the current regime is NOT the problem. Do you know how this all started? Im guessing not. Look who is trying to overthrow Assad and then think about if its the regime that is the problem. 

39 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Russia and Iran have almost 1/2 the worlds reserves in NG.  Qatar has the third largest and all want to get production moved through Syria.  Apparently Syria isn't allowed to make their own decisions.

Syria is friends with Russia and Iran. Im thinking those 2 are going to make a stand for Syria. Do we really want a war so Qatar and SA can have their pipelines? 

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

Syria is friends with Russia and Iran. Im thinking those 2 are going to make a stand for Syria. Do we really want a war so Qatar and SA can have their pipelines? 

No we don't.  Russia and Iran have stated they will get involved helping Syria.  We are on the wrong side here.  Iranian's and Syrian's are also much more moderate than the Saudi's or Qatar's, so fuck them.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Anler said:

Good post....fuck Qatar and SA. The deference we treat the Saudis with is  fucking pathetic.

Edited by Biggie Smails

3 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Well how do you propose we do that in a timely manner....what about 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮Natural Gas?

Give more solar tax breaks to homeowners. Off the grid systems are coming soon. Seems the oil companies dont really need help after decades of tax breaks.

55 minutes ago, Anler said:

What's strange is Iran's huge NG reserves and Russia befriending them.   I'd assume any NG that flows to Europe hurts Russia.   

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Anler said:

No the current regime is NOT the problem. Do you know how this all started? Im guessing not. Look who is trying to overthrow Assad and then think about if its the regime that is the problem. 

Oil and drugs.

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

What's strange is Iran's huge NG reserves and Russia befriending them.   I'd assume any NG that flows to Europe hurts Russia.   

My enemy's enemy is my friend...

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

My enemy's enemy is my friend...

Yep.   I agree with that rule except with Muslims or communists.   :lol: