Check your account email address ×

Will Elon keep his word?

• Gold Member
17 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Twitter sucks and always has….it’s just sucks double with the asshole Musk in charge.

I hope it all burns down on him.

But MC you use to love Musk? 

On 4/10/2017 at 10:57 AM, Mainecat said:

Tesla Just Passed GM to Become Top U.S. Carmaker

Source: Bloomberg.com

Elon Musk’s Tesla Inc. surpassed General Motors Co. to become America’s most valuable carmaker, eclipsing a company whose well-being was once viewed as interdependent with the nation’s.

Tesla climbed as much as 3.7 percent in early Monday trading, boosting its market capitalization to $51 billion. The company was valued at about $1.7 billion more than GM as of 9:35 a.m. in New York and the two have jostled for the lead spot in subsequent trading.

The turnabout shows the extent to which investors have bought into Musk’s vision that electric vehicles will eventually rule the road. While GM has beat Tesla to market with a plug-in Chevrolet Bolt with a price and range similar to what Musk has promised for his Model 3 sedan coming later this year, the more than century-old company has failed to match the enthusiasm drummed up by its much smaller and rarely profitable U.S. peer.

“Tesla engenders optimism, freedom, defiance, and a host of other emotions that, in our view, other companies cannot replicate,” said Alexander Potter, an analyst at Piper Jaffray Cos., who upgraded the stock Monday after owning a Tesla for seven months and meeting with management. “As they scramble to catch up, we think Tesla’s competitors only make themselves appear more desperate.”

Read more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-10/tesla-passes-gm-as-musk-s-carmaker-becomes-america-s-top-valued

On 1/31/2017 at 12:59 PM, Mainecat said:

Tesla kills the duck with big batteries

http://www.treehugger.com/energy-policy/tesla-kills-duck-big-batteries.html

Tesla kills the duck with big batteries
One of the problems that comes from reliance on solar power is the “duck curve” where the solar panels produce more power than is needed during the day, and standby power is needed in the evening when demand is high and the sun goes down. The common solution has been to turn on natural gas “peaker” plants to produce power when the needed in those few hours. But in Southern California, a big natural gas leak turned into what Melissa called an epic ecological disaster, sending utilities searching for an alternative to gas.

One of those alternatives that people dreamed about just a few years ago was giant batteries, and Elon Musk promised that he would make them in his new Nevada factory. What is really astonishing is that in just three months, Tesla has delivered a giant battery farm with 396 stacks of batteries that can provide enough electricity to power 15,000 houses for four hours, about how long it takes to shave the peaks, to kill the duck.

(snip)

Natural gas peaker plants are expensive and controversial; you want them near the user, but the NIMBYs come out in force. Battery packs are much simpler, they are modular and they are scalable. According to Tesla Chief Technology Officer J.B. Straubel in Bloomberg.

3 minutes ago, $poorsledder$ said:

How is it better?  He exposed how certain individuals were censured and how outside groups had influence.  I would say this was somewhat of a bombshell...

I'm not disagreeing about what he exposed . I just can't see how he has made the platform better. My guess is that most of the guys commenting about it being better aren't even regular users of Twitter.  :dunno:

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm not disagreeing about what he exposed . I just can't see how he has made the platform better. My guess is that most of the guys commenting about it being better aren't even regular users of Twitter.  :dunno:

Yeah I don't know if he made it better or worse, time will tell. However I do like the exposing of our government's actions in censoring information. I hope action come from this but I doubt it will. Also, like you, I see Elon has show n himself to be a bit of a hypocrite here. I'm cautiously optimistic he can and will brings things together for free speech but he's got a ways to go.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, ckf said:

I was just reading on an art forum that Musk planned to ban linking to other social media platforms unless you were a paying member. He has supposedly back tracked on that to. 

Yeah I guess he deleted that tweet. What a shit show 

3 hours ago, Steve753 said:

They did that the first time Trump won.

Yeah and they obviously upped their game plan.  That hang from nooses memo got their attention.  

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Your side lost and continues to lose. You need to face that reality. Poor quality candidate make for bad results. You seem to be highly invested in this Hunter Biden computer thing. The truth is trump would’ve lost either way. People had it with his antics. How could Joe Biden have looked any worse than the stumbling around on the debate stage he did. Despite all that, the American people disliked trump more. 

I don't need to face shit.  Think what you want, no ones minds are changing about one thing, the problem with the corruption that is obviously happening right now.  That "Trumps" anything against Trump.  I'd love to have a better candidate to come along.  Maybe DeSantis, too early and I honestly don't give a shit anyways either this far out.  People have also had it with the lawlessness in Washington too.

3 hours ago, ACE said:

they're spazzing and can't even explain why. 

Its the same shit....like this inability to see the big picture.

Oh and as far as Elon, you know this was the plan from the start.  Let the public decide how long he should stay in a job he most likely wasn't planning on devoting all his time to anyways, and put some proper management in place instead of the fucking San Francisco Silicon Valley crowd they had before.  What a distasteful bunch they turned into.

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Oh and as far as Elon, you know this was the plan from the start.  Let the public decide how long he should stay in a job he most likely wasn't planning on devoting all his time to anyways, and put some proper management in place instead of the fucking San Francisco Silicon Valley crowd they had before.  What a distasteful bunch they turned into.

Management that’s willing to sleep on the floor of where they work, eat fast food, and have only zoom with their families. Sounds like a real treat. 

33 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah and they obviously upped their game plan.  That hang from nooses memo got their attention.  

I don't need to face shit.  Think what you want, no ones minds are changing about one thing, the problem with the corruption that is obviously happening right now.  That "Trumps" anything against Trump.  I'd love to have a better candidate to come along.  Maybe DeSantis, too early and I honestly don't give a shit anyways either this far out.  People have also had it with the lawlessness in Washington too.

It’s the same shit....like this inability to see the big picture.

Drumpf voters like you are golden!  Influence everyone you know to support the former guy at all cost.  :bc:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Drumpf voters like you are golden!  Influence everyone you know to support the former guy at all cost.  :bc:

No different than your support for the democrats.

9 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

And you are a MSM Parrot . 

image.gif.b656b6f143a45706a1a72ffccaeb4041.gif

What does encouraging Woolie to keep carrying the former guys water have to do with MSM?  

You're trying too hard to be relevant.  Just like @Steve753 - you guys are kind of like wall flowers at a party and are trying hard to get noticed with multiple irrelevant posts.  Relax :thumbsup:

Edited by SnowRider

Just now, SnowRider said:

What’s does encouraging Woolie to keep carrying the former guys water have to do with MSM?  

You're trying too hard to be relevant.  Just like @Steve753 - you guys are kind of like wall flowers at a party and are trying hard to get noticed with multiple irrelevant posts.  Relax :thumbsup:

Not trying hard at all.

:lol:

You're a hypocrisy is comical.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

What does encouraging Woolie to keep carrying the former guys water have to do with MSM?  

Does your head bob like a parrot when you talk ? I bet it does. 

Everything you post is MSM driven. You don't have a independent thought of your own , just a bias Democrat hack 

• Like 2

Just now, EvilBird said:

Everything you post is MSM driven. You don't have a independent thought of your own , just a bias Democrat hack 

Can you give me examples of your ‘independent thought’?  

That’s an overly used phrase from numerous FSCE 🤡 Posse 🐑.  :snack:

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

You don't have any independent thoughts.

You tow the line.

• Gold Member
Just now, SnowRider said:

Ok lets see , Operation Warp Speed was a disaster and Covid Jabs dont work. :pc:

5 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Next he's going to say he's moving the needle!

:lol:

• Haha 1