Check your account email address ×

The good old days of Cat

Bontz

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I had a buddy with one, it ran pretty good for being all stock 

That sled was a '99. My now brother in law picked up the brand new 02 motor, hood and seat from Special services at Cat when he worked at TSS. I made a trade with him and had them finish putting it together, so I actually broke the motor in since it was brand new yet.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

1i5xc100542.Sand.JPG

btw @Not greg b, do you recall a big part of the reason Ebert won that year?

https://www.arcticinsider.com/arctic-cat-wins-the-i-500/

Ripsaw ;)

Sounds like the soo 500 last year. Lots of blown tracks. Zach had his let go and it blew through the bulk head and took out the motor.

6 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Sounds like the soo 500 last year. Lots of blown tracks. Zach had his let go and it blew through the bulk head and took out the motor.

that was due to the lack of R rated tracks if my memory is correct.  R being race, for heavy studding usage 

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that was due to the lack of R rated tracks if my memory is correct.  R being race, for heavy studding usage 

The r rated tracks I think is for the constant speeds they maintain. The soo sleds don’t run that many studs. 

16 hours ago, Not greg b said:

The r rated tracks I think is for the constant speeds they maintain. The soo sleds don’t run that many studs. 

There are things about "R" tracks that are far superior to regular tracks, especially when you are considering oval racing. The R rating also ensures that the inner fiberglass rod structure is adequate to support the load on the track applied by the studs. There are many races and organizations that require an R track to even participate for safety reasons, most notably the Soo I-500.

• Gold Member
5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

There are things about "R" tracks that are far superior to regular tracks, especially when you are considering oval racing. The R rating also ensures that the inner fiberglass rod structure is adequate to support the load on the track applied by the studs. There are many races and organizations that require an R track to even participate for safety reasons, most notably the Soo I-500.

Copy and paste  :pc:

Ahhh the good old days of the more the merrier....passion, models, race wins, displacement, suspension travel, attitude, advertisments, dealers.......

It's so much better now with corporate Textron transplants at the wheel though...LOL

Edited by Premium

1 hour ago, Premium said:

Ahhh the good old days of the more the merrier....passion, models, race wins, displacement, suspension travel, attitude, advertisments, dealers.......

It's so much better now with corporate Textron transplants at the wheel though...LOL

It’s all corporate. Cat was the last one to not be. It’s sad actually 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

It’s all corporate. Cat was the last one to not be. It’s sad actually 

Yup - answering to shareholders instead of a passionate customer base.  It sucks, but just like you said .. it's the sad reality of it all.