Check your account email address ×

best late 90's to mid 2000's ass draggers?

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I have an eye on a ZR Fanner right now... which of course needs lord knows what work aside from what the seller claims it needs for a somewhat reasonable price but it's quite a bit further than I care to drive for a budget beater sled.  We grew up on fanners... Citation SS, Safari and SRV.  

How much of a pita would it be to swap a 570 fan into a 440 fanner with a roached mill?  570 should give ya an honest 70hp with the earlier ones.  :dunno:  

Zr fan?  I'm assuming you mean Z.

The 570 swap shouldn't be too bad, but you'd want to get the 570 exhaust with the motor.  The 440 exhaust wouldn't work well on a 570.  Sometimes with those swaps it is better to have a whole donor sled for the little odds and ends you end up needing.  I don't have any first hand experience with the 570 but it was used in the zr chassis so it should work fine but I don't know how direct plug and play it is.  You'd also want the 570 CDI.  You'd have to see if the stator works with the chassis or possibly use the 440 stator on the 570.  In 98 they went from open ignition to closed ignition.  Could be differences in the mounting of the motor.  It probably won't be the simplest like swapping a 600 into a 500 but you should be able to make it legit without any real fab work with a little researching.  Someday I'll probably put a 570 into a 95 Z.  Country Cat has brand new 570's for cheap but I'd prefer to buy a whole donor machine like I said.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 10:07 AM, mnstang said:

Most any rider cannot exceed the abilities of a 440 fan.

as long as you stay in the cones and ride at 98%... who needs a big bore?  ;)

little L/C beating up on 600's  :lolz:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Package deal! Comes with a 2017 Legend enclosed trailer, 2002 Artic cat ZR 800 EFI, 2003 Artic cat ZR 900, comes with all gear, spare parts, helmets, skis, chain cases, carbides… you name it, it comes with it! Message me to come see everything! :dunno:

On 12/27/2022 at 8:11 PM, Sled_Hed said:

Screenshot_20221227_201052_Facebook.jpg

That guy again.

Some of these sellers are dumb.  They try to sell these sleds as a package, or sleds and trailer as a package, but they don't discount anything for the "package deal". They want you to buy all their crap and for top dollar prices on each individual item.  Stupid.  

58 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That guy again.

Some of these sellers are dumb.  They try to sell these sleds as a package, or sleds and trailer as a package, but they don't discount anything for the "package deal". They want you to buy all their crap and for top dollar prices on each individual item.  Stupid.  

truly stupid is someone willing to actually pay it... 

this being said, 

https://up.craigslist.org/snw/d/marquette-2011-yamaha-bravo/7565333821.html

I about fell off my chair laughing. :roflcrying:

7 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Probably get  close to that for it.

there's a loyal Bravo following out there... but idk if they were that much new tbh?

https://www.jdpower.com/motorcycles/2011/yamaha/br250ta1-bravo-250-250cc/values

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's a loyal Bravo following out there... but idk if they were that much new tbh?

https://www.jdpower.com/motorcycles/2011/yamaha/br250ta1-bravo-250-250cc/values

You're right, there certainly is a bravo cult following. As for price,  there is so much crap people are asking over what it was new that it is sickening. 

21 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

You're right, there certainly is a bravo cult following. As for price,  there is so much crap people are asking over what it was new that it is sickening. 

I know... but I didn't think that was something normal people would even consider paying for one

8 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yeah doesn't really matter what they were new.  How much were sno scoots new?  Those have never dropped in price.  Supply vs demand 

also crazy... Kitty Cat's are also nutso?

in other news... a bone for the polaris guys

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I know... but I didn't think that was something normal people would even consider paying for one

also crazy... Kitty Cat's are also nutso?

in other news... a bone for the polaris guys

Pretty much all family oriented or utility oriented sleds hold their value the best.

• Like 1

Those xcrs were pretty cool I will admit.  Neighbor guy race them in the 90's and would rip around the years sometimes, it sounded good and they look good.  I don't agree with the video people, ass draggers are just as good or better on a groomed trail, if you ride them right.  I don't know if everyone can physically ride them with their feet under them but not many do and then yeah you're in a very bad position.  That is the biggest mistake.

• Like 1