best late 90's to mid 2000's ass draggers?

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

Well what was it at least jeez frickin a 

See below 

6 hours ago, Not greg b said:

A worse than a fucked over Twitter account Elon exposed. It was a franken zl 440 that was extra fucked 

Advertised as a 98 ZR 500... I thought may have been an early build... turns out it's a 98 ZL 500 with a green ZR3 hood.  The EB's were supposedly the quick ones so I was interested enough to dig into it, then figured out what it actually is.   :lol:

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

See below 

Advertised as a 98 ZR 500... I thought may have been an early build... turns out it's a 98 ZL 500 with a green ZR3 hood.  The EB's were supposedly the quick ones so I was interested enough to dig into it, then figured out what it actually is.   :lol:

On a 25 year old sled what will make it quick is how the owner has it set up and maintained.  Those little differences back in 98 don't mean much today.  Like a well clutched non eb would still be better than a stock eb and that's back in the day.  On something that old if you want to make it a good runner it's in all the details and going through everything 

10 minutes ago, mnstang said:

On a 25 year old sled what will make it quick is how the owner has it set up and maintained.  Those little differences back in 98 don't mean much today.  Like a well clutched non eb would still be better than a stock eb and that's back in the day.  On something that old if you want to make it a good runner it's in all the details and going through everything 

I'm walking on this one but am on the lookout for an old ZR... leaning towards a Cross Country or the unicorn 🦄 Greg told me about.  ;) 

No rush on my part, and used prices are still out of line imo.  

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm walking on this one but am on the lookout for an old ZR... leaning towards a Cross Country or the unicorn 🦄 Greg told me about.  ;) 

No rush on my part, and used prices are still out of line imo.  

Yeah either way if it has a different hood it's a bad sign to start 

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2022 at 7:15 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

See below 

If you like spirited riding on fun wooded trails that stay smooth, then you will love a proper 90's sled.  They are just better at it than rider forward stuff.  I loved my sp5 but a lower sled will still handle better and therefore be funner in those kinds of trails.  I've been having a blast and it's not just nostalgia it is legit fun and better in many ways.  The nostalgia is just a sweet bonus.

The cooler sleds are in the early 90's.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

we can shove in the back of the jeep, just leave the gate open and get some tie down straps 

When I get my company provided one I will put it on the roof. Won’t give a shit at that point as I wont own it.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Not greg b said:

King ass dragger 

those were what I was looking at before the SP5

22 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Probably my favorite sled of all time.

I was perusing this thread a couple weeks ago... https://www.hardcoresledder.com/threads/zr-440-sno-pro-vs-z-440-sno-pro.179656/

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

Most any rider cannot exceed the abilities of a 440 fan.

I have an eye on a ZR Fanner right now... which of course needs lord knows what work aside from what the seller claims it needs for a somewhat reasonable price but it's quite a bit further than I care to drive for a budget beater sled.  We grew up on fanners... Citation SS, Safari and SRV.  

How much of a pita would it be to swap a 570 fan into a 440 fanner with a roached mill?  570 should give ya an honest 70hp with the earlier ones.  :dunno: