best late 90's to mid 2000's ass draggers?

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

That guy is always selling some minty 90's or early 2k stuff.

Yes for top dollar or maybe higher.  I see he still has a couple he's been trying to sell for quite a while 

• Platinum Contributing Member
34 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Must of been a 2000 then . Looked just like this one.  I remember the red and purple over yellow. 

B5B46117-15F6-4A22-B638-FCBFADA0E592.jpeg

From searching on doo talk apparently they released 250 mid season mxz 700s in early 2000. The motors are suppose to be slightly different then regular 2000s. Learn something new everyday.

:bc:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Steve753 said:

From searching on doo talk apparently they released 250 mid season mxz 700s in early 2000. The motors are suppose to be slightly different then regular 2000s. Learn something new everyday.

Had one as well. Wish that I still had it as they were pretty rare. Biggest dif the engine was a sandcast engine. Made a little more power than the "mass produced" ones later on. Similar to the 95.5 Formula III which was also sand casted and WAY faster than a 1996 and up model.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Had one as well. Wish that I still had it as they were pretty rare. Biggest dif the engine was a sandcast engine. Made a little more power than the "mass produced" ones later on. Similar to the 95.5 Formula III which was also sand casted and WAY faster than a 1996 and up model.

I had an early release 10.5 800 etec. Was a bit quicker than my 11. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

I'm partial to the Polaris Edge chassis, the last and best looking snowmobile.  We had a XC SP that I still miss.  The small block VES Liberties (500 and 600) were tough to beat.

I had a non ev 700 2001 and it took a good running F7 to beat me in 660(small town racing), mind you mine was far from stock,pipe, head, reeds, intake and as little gas as I could get away with. I found the limit,three times,just because once is never enough. 

Sucked that a buddy in town HAD a great running 03 F7 and I never could beat it,ever.BUT the wife would kill his F6 with her 98 xc600 :ylsuper:

• Gold Member
22 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Always liked the 99 670ho good looking and pretty fast sled for its time. My top ass dragger pick be 99/00 Mach z but a 99 670ho is up there too.

talked my Pops and he said my mxz 700 was indeed a 2000. He had the 2000 Mach Z we bought em together same time. 

His Mach Z was stupid fast.

• Like 2

still got them ,, new and old azz rockets black wind screen has a edge skid , slp light skis ,  predator track ,clutched, has the white face gauges , and a temp gauge  ,, high wind screen has 180 kit , clutched  m 10 skid c/a razor skis  has 1500 miles on top to bottom rebuild 

Edited by polaris7541
made a error
  • Like 2

Look up the ditch banger race from last season. It will prove who is king ass dragger is. Ishole runs the brakes so hard on a old mxz it’s dropping burning pieces all over the track. He didn’t make the final lap because the flames got to big to finish. Kamm has a xlt running on 2 cylinders so they jack the clutch engagement up over 6k and the Polaris clutch guy says where he gets his top secret clutch parts. 

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2022 at 2:42 PM, HSR said:

I had a non ev 700 2001 and it took a good running F7 to beat me in 660(small town racing), mind you mine was far from stock,pipe, head, reeds, intake and as little gas as I could get away with. I found the limit,three times,just because once is never enough. 

Sucked that a buddy in town HAD a great running 03 F7 and I never could beat it,ever.BUT the wife would kill his F6 with her 98 xc600 :ylsuper:

I had a 97.5 XC700, the XC 400 and a Prowler Special. The 2 XC's are the sleds I wish I still had.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

I had a 97.5 XC700, the XC 400 and a Prowler Special. The 2 XC's are the sleds I wish I still had.

First one of those I ever saw was staged in front of me at the Crane Lake speed runs.

On 12/11/2022 at 10:24 PM, Steve753 said:

Yup. 670ho was 99.

I had one with a cut rotary valve that would handily beat 03 f7s (I know not possible) sled was mint and flat out flew but it was probably the worst riding sled I’ve ever been on. Got a little better when the Boivin link was removed but not a ton. The 670ho is gone but the mint 00’ ZR 700 is still in the family. That thing rode and handled great (for its time) has like 8000 miles on it never been touched but I think that’s because it doesn’t make enough power to hurt itself. Note that it’s fully equipped with a grip’n rip “tank tamer” from the glory days of snowmobiling.

42D69146-111E-4DF9-8301-F2F74CC05969.jpeg

• Like 3