best late 90's to mid 2000's ass draggers?

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Edge chassis weren't too bad after you add a Boss ,articulating bar riser,different bars,wider running boards and at least 3 different revalves for the shocks plus spring cahnges. Add a set of GOOD slp skis and they were a decent. Tried C&A pros and both broke on me Uggggg . After at least all the above , they were decent. Nothing could really fix the front completely IMHO other than a-arms.

Doesn't have to be a boss.  Built my own riser for mine, but yeah they needed a TON of help and still had those nasty trailing arms.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HSR said:

Edge chassis weren't too bad after you add a Boss ,articulating bar riser,different bars,wider running boards and at least 3 different revalves for the shocks plus spring cahnges. Add a set of GOOD slp skis and they were a decent. Tried C&A pros and both broke on me Uggggg . After at least all the above , they were decent. Nothing could really fix the front completely IMHO other than a-arms.

There’s nothing wrong with the Edge front end. It’s made for providing amazing stability at high speed. That means riding it fast. Obviously you have no concept about going fast.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AK440 said:

There’s nothing wrong with the Edge front end. It’s made for providing amazing stability at high speed. That means riding it fast. Obviously you have no concept about going fast.

where on the internet did you copy and paste that from? 

obviously it wasn't based on personal experience...

tumblr_mqpajkW5d51stl0y7o1_400.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, Badger** said:

Today I sold the Edge X for $100. IMO it was a great sled 2003 with the wide running boards PERC reverse electric start and mirrors.  

What came out in 2005??:)

415964_373669752645612_1563927421_o.jpg

Why?  AK would have given you $112

2 minutes ago, Badger** said:

First one feeding trough wins. :whistle:

must have sold it to family... or your clearly nuts.  I'd have given you $200 to use it in the local beatercross race in the old fuckerz class... maybe $500 tbh.  

17 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

must have sold it to family... or your clearly nuts.  I'd have given you $200 to use it in the local beatercross race in the old fuckerz class... maybe $500 tbh.  

The sled is almost flawless $100 on paper Sara will not part with her ie my old sled for anything. I gave her the sled back when she was 13-14?? I went up last spiring to Iron Wood Mi  and picked her up a new 2022 xc 600. Your not racing anything old man. 

May be an image of 1 person and snow

25446399_2012533612364299_6747975746216184381_n.jpg

Edited by Badger**

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

Made it to Muggs I assume. 

Yep. Cool place first time going there. Not a big show but it was fun to see some of the old iron.  Had lunch and came home. I was surprised to trucks driving around on the lake already 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Yep. Cool place first time going there. Not a big show but it was fun to see some of the old iron.  Had lunch and came home. I was surprised to trucks driving around on the lake already 

Yeah, usually a few cool sleds show up. Had I known you were going to be there I would have swung over for a beer to meet the man, myth, and legend lol.

57 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Yeah, usually a few cool sleds show up. Had I known you were going to be there I would have swung over for a beer to meet the man, myth, and legend lol.

I am not a legend but a 100% bull shitter lol. a spur of the moment thing as I was on the fence again about going. Glad I got off my ass and went. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member

I always liked my Edge 600 back in the day. I beat the shit out of that Sled. Kid I sold it too still rides it up in ME and NH as of last year. 

For Poo I also had a 95 RXL and a 97 ULTRA 680. The Ultra was fast but didnt handle that great and it ate belts for some reason. I was too young to know how to fix it I think I was 13 or 14 tops.

Then I got a yellow 99 MXZ 700. That Sled was probably my second favortite ass dragger next to the 02 XC 600 . No pics of the MXZ unfortunately.   

79540682-E289-4419-839C-D780C621F833.jpeg

609FA7A0-EAC5-45C4-9AEA-042BFC6606DC.jpeg

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
59 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I always liked my Edge 600 back in the day. I beat the shit out of that Sled. Kid I sold it too still rides it up in ME and NH as of last year. 

For Poo I also had a 95 RXL and a 97 ULTRA 680. The Ultra was fast but didnt handle that great and it ate belts for some reason. I was too young to know how to fix it I think I was 13 or 14 tops.

Then I got a yellow 99 MXZ 700. That Sled was probably my second favortite ass dragger next to the 02 XC 600 . No pics of the MXZ unfortunately.   

79540682-E289-4419-839C-D780C621F833.jpeg

609FA7A0-EAC5-45C4-9AEA-042BFC6606DC.jpeg

The didn't make a 99 mxz 700.

:bc:

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, EvilBird said:

Must of been a 2000 then . Looked just like this one.  I remember the red and purple over yellow. 

B5B46117-15F6-4A22-B638-FCBFADA0E592.jpeg

Yup. 670ho was 99.

:bc: