Check your account email address ×

In the meantime, those owners should park their trucks away from structures or other vehicles.

BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I owned a couple 450 and 550 powerstrokes.  Pretty stout for sure.  Most of my work trucks were sticks, so I was dealing with clutch master cylinders and transmissions.  Do they still even make them in sticks?

No.

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

I had my first and only. Never again. Impossible to get service. None of the techs know how to fix them. Overcomplicated pieces of shit with an ungodly price tag. Fuck Mercedes.  

Can't speak to the mini van segment.  I've had super good luck with them, all bought low mile used.  2 Cs, 2 MLs and a GLE.  We've put high miles on all of them except the GLE that we juat picked up.  no ragrets.

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Can't speak to the mini van segment.  I've had super good luck with them, all bought low mile used.  2 Cs, 2 MLs and a GLE.  We've put high miles on all of them except the GLE that we juat picked up.  no ragrets.

How many warning lights are on, on the cluster.

most of the mercs I see have some kinda warning light on 

Edited by toslow

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Mine was a sprinter. 144” 4x4. V6 turbo diesel Came as a surprise that not all merc dealers work on sprinters. In fact, very few do. When the emission system fails the vehicle goes into countdown mode. You get 10 starts to get it fixed before the van goes full shut down. Now couple that with the nearest serve ice center being 100 miles away with a 2 month wait for an appointment. I will say that the service dept has tasty coffee and sweet rolls. 

2 minutes ago, toslow said:

How many warning lights are on, on the cluster.

most of the mercs I see have some kinda warning light on 

Zero.  The wifes last 12 c300, seemed to have an issue of popping the check engine light every 50k miles when a pollution solenoid sensor thingie would fail.  It was a cheap part,  but a couple hrs labor, so about a 500 dollar bill.  First time I paid the $, second time I just had her run it, ran fine, as it had almost 170k when we traded it.  The other 4, one alternator at 160k, normal brakes and tires.  The MLs were pretty much bulletproof with the V8 motors.  Everything is over built on them generally.  Her new GLE only has a 4 cylinder but has like an 8 quart pan, thats quite a bit for a 4 banger.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve753 said:

Dodge has always had bad auto trans pre 2007.5. Standard trans were fine. Transmission lines are easy to replace. Wheels bearings were problematic but easily fixed with the after market. Calipers can seize up on any vehicle.

I put three transmissions in my 05 Dodge.........last Dodge I've owned

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The new ram trans is better than the ford/chevy 10speeds...they can hold a converter 

The Aisin maybe. Not the 68RFE.

46 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

The new ram trans is better than the ford/chevy 10speeds...they can hold a converter 

I have a 18' Silverado with the 6 speed so far so good. Just tripped 100K

24 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

those are good till they are not. if the pump vanes start scratching the pump housing it will self destruct

You hush right now mister!  :lol:  :bc: 

Dont Jinx It GIFs | Tenor

MRW my parents want me to invite people I don't like to my wedding. - GIF  on Imgur

7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

This Ram is my first.  :lol:  Has the 8 speed ZF trans which has been flawless.  

2005 Dakota I beat the fuck out of in the mountains of Utah  :lol: 

560448_10151443962544901_1461041635_n.jpg.944ef7a338aa7c69fb198433461adf9e.jpg

38140_419125319900_2816286_n.jpg.164e57310d415accc1665733abd36240.jpg

13 minutes ago, Skidooski said:

You hush right now mister!  :lol:  :bc: 

Dont Jinx It GIFs | Tenor

MRW my parents want me to invite people I don't like to my wedding. - GIF  on Imgur

i know not nice to hear but it is a factor. some last forever. we just had one that the plastic check ball managed to get through the valve body plate and stuck there. first time for that. those check balls were always metal , not sure why plastic now

Edited by sleepybrew
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

This Ram is my first.  :lol:  Has the 8 speed ZF trans which has been flawless.  

It's a gas engine though. We're talking diesels.