Check your account email address ×

In the meantime, those owners should park their trucks away from structures or other vehicles.

BOHICA

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, toslow said:

Does it have to be pick ups to qualify as a recall worthy 

No. The Rams were pick ups so I assumed when AFJ said Ford had the same issues it was with pick ups.

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Stellantis issued a new fire-related recall for their 2020-2023 Ram HD trucks

https://tfltruck.com/2022/11/ram-recall-2500-3500-transmission-fluid-fire-risk/

Interesting. A truck caught on fire and burnt down a town house down the road from me today. It was parked in the garage 

I’ve owned dodge trucks, mostly 3500. After Mercedes’ got involved in Chrysler that 2500 and 3500 went to shit.

my 3500 was a pretty truck but what a POS, was afraid to take it out of the driveway because breakdowns.

wheelbearings transmission lines callipers seizing up 

Edited by toslow

Just now, toslow said:

I’ve owned dodge trucks, mostly 3500. After Mercedes’ got involved in Chrysler that 2500 and 3500 went to shit

Why do you say that?

2 minutes ago, toslow said:

I’ve owned dodge trucks, mostly 3500. After Mercedes’ got involved in Chrysler that 2500 and 3500 went to shit.

my 3500 was a pretty truck but what a POS, was afraid to take it out of the driveway because breakdowns.

wheelbearings transmission lines callipers seizing up 

Here 

1 minute ago, toslow said:

Here 

Dodge has always had bad auto trans pre 2007.5. Standard trans were fine. Transmission lines are easy to replace. Wheels bearings were problematic but easily fixed with the after market. Calipers can seize up on any vehicle.

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Ford has some major quality control issues to wrestle with. Both my vans have been really good. But then both are precovid. 

My ford pick up was built late 2020. Good so far.

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Dodge has always had bad auto trans pre 2007.5. Standard trans were fine. Transmission lines are easy to replace. Wheels bearings were problematic but easily fixed with the after market. Calipers can seize up on any vehicle.

Yeah i hear yeah, but dodges was prone to this issue. As far as transmissions i rebuild lots of them. I owned a transmission shop for a few yrs and was the rebuilder in many more .

trans lines on a 3500 with a Cummins in it are not that simple to fix 

Edited by toslow

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

There’s an overlander that I hang with who just got done spending $10k converting his Cummins 6.7 to a six speed manual. Expensive stuff. 

8 minutes ago, toslow said:

Yeah i hear yeah, but dodges was prone to this issue. As far as transmissions i rebuild lots of them. I owned a transmission shop for a few yrs and was the rebuilder in many more  

From my experience with Dodges its always been ball joints and body for the most part. Having a Cummins in them is the only reason to buy one really. Fords the best heavy duty truck by far now. I'm waiting to order a 23 f450. Only certain trims are available presently. I'm going King Ranch this time.

Edited by Steve753
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

There’s an overlander that I hang with who just got done spending $10k converting his Cummins 6.7 to a six speed manual. Expensive stuff. 

Interesting. Aisins autos have been pretty stout. I don't think you can get a standard Ram anymore.

Ford make a great 450 and 550 for work trucks. But they still have some issues.

and a great 300 inline yrs ago

used to be an old saying yrs ago about ford. They make great radios and heaters 

Edited by toslow

Just now, toslow said:

Ford make a great 450 and 550 for work trucks

I owned a couple 450 and 550 powerstrokes.  Pretty stout for sure.  Most of my work trucks were sticks, so I was dealing with clutch master cylinders and transmissions.  Do they still even make them in sticks?