Check your account email address ×

Polaris Boost on DTR.

• Gold Member

i would'nt want to put down my money on a new motor from polaris. certainly not a boosted big bore.

i rember the fusion 900, xcsp 800, dragon 800, etc.

wait a couple years to see how this goes be a smart bet. and polaris is my favorite brand, but just being real.

Edited by ZR800efi

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Nope. Cat I would 

its never a good idea on any of em first year imo. but yeah, it be a new cat motor over a new polaris motor. just got a history of explosive big bores

Just now, ZR800efi said:

its never a good idea on any of em first year imo. but yeah, it be a new cat motor over a new polaris motor. just got a history of explosive big bores

I bought an 800 HO new in 2010 and a new 2020. Neither gave a lick of trouble 

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

2020’s we’re good. 21’s they had injector supplier issues 

thats what i mean though.theres usually always issues first year model. id rather buy it 3 years down the road when its not the latest and greatest but definitely more refined and debugged.

thats just me though. im cheap.

50 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

A person has to really enjoy riding to spend that kind of cash on a sled. Damn. 

It really is insane, the riding season in Wisconsin is typically 2 months if you're lucky. I still enjoy sledding but I ride cheap older sleds and I'm good with it. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
47 minutes ago, ZR800efi said:

i would'nt want to put down my money on a new motor from polaris. certainly not a boosted big bore.

i rember the fusion 900, xcsp 800, dragon 800, etc.

wait a couple years to see how this goes be a smart bet. and polaris is my favorite brand, but just being real.

Boost was a production mountain sled last year.   Good place to work out any bugs as they are harder on them than us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Boosted vs boosted. 998 will still be king and stay together.

Well sure , but it’s possible I might rather ride a legit 200hp axys sled than even a 300hp procross. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Boosted vs boosted. 998 will still be king and stay together.

Granted but to me it's the power to weight ratio and the Boost has that in spades. You don't see many guys pulling off trail to bust a trail on the Yamacats, nothing stopping you on the Poost.

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

Granted but to me it's the power to weight ratio and the Boost has that in spades. You don't see many guys pulling off trail to bust a trail on the Yamacats, nothing stopping you on the Poost.

Guys off trail on sidewinders here. The excessive power overcomes the weight 

Just now, ACE said:

Well from what I've seen your trails/terrain are fairly flat and open. Boondocking amongst the rocks and trees just ain't happening sorry. Guy here tried it with a 141" with my boys once,,,,,,just once. They got him back on trail and sent him home.

Guys that I ride with that had Thundercat's have gone to lighter 2 strokes around here.  Said the limited areas to use 200 HP wasn't enough to deal with the weight.  Last guy that had a Thundercat is now on an 850 VR1

14 minutes ago, ACE said:

No it dose not!  not even fucking close . They are chute stormers at best and the most of those guys don't even run them . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Doug said:

Guys that I ride with that had Thundercat's have gone to lighter 2 strokes around here.  Said the limited areas to use 200 HP wasn't enough to deal with the weight.  Last guy that had a Thundercat is now on an 850 VR1

I think if you are a big mile guy who dise not want to blow his fucking head off when he gets on a grade they are prob fine . 90% of tge guys I know with them go 660 at a time and they are far far from stock . And those same guys with Dimond pounders don't have 3/4 tons for the trail .