Check your account email address ×

Alaska show ... Life Below Zero

Bontz

I was getting sick of all the political ads yesterday, so as I was flipping through the channels I came across that "Life Below Zero" show about living in Alaska.  I couldn't help but think of @krom as I watched a scene where a husband and wife were trying to transport a boat, while both of them were on Polaris sleds.  Hers blew up, and his did its best Arctic Cat impression with the exhaust pipe glowing red :roflcrying:   All I could think is, "Where is krom when you need him!!" LOL

The other people they focused on all rode SkiDoo sleds ... no Cats to be found :whistle:

• Haha 1

On most of those wilderness living shows they always seem to riding some completely clapped out baling wire repaired sled of some sort then once the TV money kicks in after a season or two they suddenly have brand new machines sitting in the yard.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

buddy of mine is a cameraman for discovery from Kentucky.  he spent time on Sigs boat filming deadliest catch and in Nome on the gold shows (dredge and under the ice). being a backwoods boy from KY his favorite thing to do on days off was to drive around Nome and check out the junk in people's yards.  he said it's utterly amazing the kind of crap for vehicles and boats they keep running and alive up there.  he's also filmed in Cuba and said their junk is much nicer.

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

I haven't watched the show in detail, but from what I did watch yesterday ... I enjoyed it.  Those people work hard, and the ones with kids have the kids working hard too.  Definitely a good show, and proves not everyone has their head stuck nose down into a phone all the time.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/2/2022 at 12:02 PM, HSR said:

I like Ricko DeWilde on this show,he's the real deal. As are the Hailstones,they do some cool family adventures. Good show.

Yah..they seem like the real deal for sure….

15EF9FE0-CC03-4D43-8911-71FE2E2406F8.jpeg.e1488955af67302da52dd4a0968448be.jpeg

I like Heimo and Edna from The Last Alaskans as well…

5853EB29-86C9-4528-9AA8-6173C8AF7DD8.thumb.jpeg.d4955fe3b783defc4bebce7772c3fa51.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I like Heimo and Edna from The Last Alaskans as well…

Me too!! There's some good storylines on that show too. I'm guessing you and I could cuddle up for a quiet night of TV :lol:

2 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

I think I’ve watched every episode of both shows. 

Are you saying you don't want in on the cuddle then?:lol:

Damn side better TV than The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars that's for fucking sure:bc: Gawd there is some awful shows that people watch.

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

Me too!! There's some good storylines on that show too. I'm guessing you and I could cuddle up for a quiet night of TV :lol:

The whole Bob Harte deal was a tear jerker.😢

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Are you saying you don't want in on the cuddle then?:lol:

Damn side better TV than The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars that's for fucking sure:bc: Gawd there is some awful shows that people watch.

I’ll pass on the cock cuddle crew thanks. :lmao:

Wife watches that Dr. Pimple Popper shit. Gross. 

Sorry about your friend. 

Edited by SayatodaU.P.eh?

I was working in Keno City for a few runs. The place has a population of 6 until the crew for Yukon gold shows up. Brand new cottages and Denali's is the truck of choice.

Fuckers drive on the mining roads 100mph

Edited by toslow

On 11/2/2022 at 9:20 AM, Bontz said:

I was getting sick of all the political ads yesterday, so as I was flipping through the channels I came across that "Life Below Zero" show about living in Alaska.  I couldn't help but think of @krom as I watched a scene where a husband and wife were trying to transport a boat, while both of them were on Polaris sleds.  Hers blew up, and his did its best Arctic Cat impression with the exhaust pipe glowing red :roflcrying:   All I could think is, "Where is krom when you need him!!" LOL

The other people they focused on all rode SkiDoo sleds ... no Cats to be found :whistle:

Cats are for going fast, not hauling junk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/6/2022 at 5:58 PM, HSR said:

Damn cancer. Took a buddy of mine from HS today.

7 hours ago, Badger** said:

Tell us more about your HS friend, and yes wrong thread. 

What would you like to know Badger? That's if you're being sincere.

If you just used my friends passing in an attempt at a gotcha moment you’re a bigger POS than even I thought.

1 hour ago, HSR said:

What would you like to know Badger? That's if you're being sincere.If you just used my friends passing in an attempt at a gotcha moment you’re a bigger POS than even I thought.

Seems to be a little off topic??  but your friend,, I wish the best for his family.

Remember the time I said something about my young friend that died? <<<< You were not to kind. I'm not going to go looking for. 

25 minutes ago, Badger** said:

Seems to be a little off topic??  but your friend,, I wish the best for his family.

Remember the time I said something about my young friend that died? <<<< You were not to kind. I'm not going to go looking for. 

So it was a gotcha attempt.

You are a very low class individual. 

On 11/6/2022 at 7:58 PM, toslow said:

I was working in Keno City for a few runs. The place has a population of 6 until the crew for Yukon gold shows up. Brand new cottages and Denali's is the truck of choice.

Fuckers drive on the mining roads 100mph

I think that’s where Rick Ness was mining last season..apparently he’s a no show this season and they are playing it as a big mystery.🤷🏻

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I think that’s where Rick Ness was mining last season..apparently he’s a no show this season and they are playing it as a big mystery.🤷🏻

I caught a bit of an episode where 2 guys went to Rick's house to see if he was ok. I won't spoil anything for you.:bc: