Check your account email address ×

Trail Closure Wakefield Trail 2

2 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If you have an AWD high clearance van you should do the magruder corridor.  Also a float through the Frank Church on the Salmon is pretty epic….  Coworker did it and said it was pretty damn awesome.  Not a single motor to be heard in the frank church.

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

BLM land has been absolutely fantastic for camping, hiking, fishing, and hunting. 

11 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

Dose nat matter liberal cunts are constantly fighting to ban motorized use on fed ans state lands . 

Case in point above .

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

If you have an AWD high clearance van you should do the magruder corridor.  Also a float through the Frank Church on the Salmon is pretty epic….  Coworker did it and said it was pretty damn awesome.  Not a single motor to be heard in the frank church.

The Magruder is on my list. I try to stay away from trails that have showers and RV hook ups areas. 

• Gold Member
Just now, spin_dry said:

The Magruder is on my list. I try to stay away from trails that have showers and RV hook ups areas. 

I been over the magruder.  Pretty epic!  Wife and I will bust over it in the Rivian at some point after we get the truck.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Magruder corridor is an motorized off road trail through protect wilderness dumb dumb.

god some of you all are fucking retarded with the position assigning.

https://offroadingpro.com/magruder-corridor/

And what is the frank church river of no return ? And because jimmy went fishing there you cant use what again ? 

Like I said case in point 

Edited by Ez ryder

• Gold Member
14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

And what is the frank church river of no return ? And because jimmyvwent fishing there you fant use what again ? 

Like I said case in point 

Frank church is a large mostly roadless wilderness.  Great hunting , hiking and backpack camping.   Pretty epic river trips run through it with great rapids.  Takes a few days from put in to get out.  Motorized jet boats cant really get up there…. They use those mostly the more larger flow waters such as the payette and some of the salmon and snake.  

Edited by BOHICA

8 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Frank church is a large mostly roadless wilderness.  Great hunting , hiking and backpack camping.   Pretty epic river trips run through it with great rapids.  Takes a few days from put in to get out.  Motorized jet boats can really get up there…. They use those mostly the more larger flow waters such as the payette and some of the salmon and snake.  

Really sounds good. 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
On 9/29/2022 at 9:16 PM, spin_dry said:

The golden age of snowmobiling was over years ago in the Midwest. I would imagine it’s still good out west in the high country. 

Gay Boomer who doesn't ride Sleds anymore response 

On 10/11/2022 at 8:10 PM, spin_dry said:

Zelinsky had the trail closed. 

Ooo epic troll 

On 10/11/2022 at 8:20 PM, spin_dry said:

Kayaking is great. 

I bet you love it.   

On 10/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, spin_dry said:

I run it in a styrofoam Budweiser cooler. 

I bet you love it.

On 10/26/2022 at 6:07 PM, spin_dry said:

It's too bad there weren't more public lands. This will become more of an issue if public lands are sold off. Hopefully BLM will remain in federal ownership for camping and recreation. 

Never had one Black friend Boomer quote.  

13 hours ago, spin_dry said:

The GOP thinks that government owns too much or shouldn't own any at all. Should be sold to billionaires. 

Yeah thats it, the evil GOP is the biggest problem in Government. Those fucking billionaire pricks they are all in the GOP !

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

BLM land has been absolutely fantastic for camping, hiking, fishing, and hunting. 

Explain "BLM land"  from the midwest white boomer in the van perspective? 

On 9/21/2022 at 12:58 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

and many more are not fit, would be amusing to see the biometric demographics of people who regularly participate in silent sports compared to the 'lets ride from one bar to the next' crowd.

mx, SX and XC racers are fit and have to be, F1 racers are fit, heck even the nascar drivers have taken fitness to a higher level. 

Deep  snow sleds are making up more sales than Dimond pounders now .

You don't sit on a seat and steer off the groom 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

Deep  snow sleds are making up more sales than Dimond pounders now .

You don't sit on a seat and steer off the groom 

I see tons of those sleds running the trails in the west end of the up. I can’t figure out why you need a 165, 3 inch paddle to ride a groomed trail and 2 feet of snow? I can tell they were never off trail because they are not covered in tree bark. Also all have go pros to film their killa skilla 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I see tons of those sleds running the trails in the west end of the up. I can’t figure out why you need a 165, 3 inch paddle to ride a groomed trail and 2 feet of snow? I can tell they were never off trail because they are not covered in tree bark. Also all have go pros to film their killa skilla 

They went to the mountains once 3 years ago, so they need to have that sled in case they ever go again!

6 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

They went to the mountains once 3 years ago, so they need to have that sled in case they ever go again!

I think 99% of the are part of the MiNn E aPoLiS BooNFuCKerrr mafia. The only hill those sleds saw was the ramp up their sled decks, so they get salt rot the whole season 

2 hours ago, Badger** said:

I wonder if they thought of running the power lines? They would be coming into Wisconsin just south of Hurley on Trail 17. In red. 

3255000.jpg

You should call them,I bet they never thought of this :bc:

We are tired, weary, and shocked our incredible group of Volunteers known as the GRTA must stop our trail prep in order to combat a large, multimillion-dollar misinformation machine known as Midwest Family Ski Resorts, locally known as Snowriver.

For the record: We are committed to serving our community first!  Everyone here at the GRTA is a volunteer – no one is paid a dime – we are a 501c(4) non-profit organization.  Several of our impactful Board members do not snowmobile or ride ORVs.  These exceptional civic minded citizens serve on the GRTA Board because they believe in the recreational opportunities the GRTA provides and they care deeply about creating and sustaining a positive experience for the 10’s of thousands of motorized recreationists who ride our Trails; and, the significant economic return for our Community. The GRTA - residents and non-residents alike - provide a tremendous benefit for dozens and dozens of businesses.  It is with continued regret that we must publicly correct Snowriver’s misinformation and lies.  

Lie #1 – Snowriver has asserted the GRTA failed to provide insurance and hold land use agreements: 
Truth #1 - The GRTA has held an insurance policy and land use agreements with and for Big Snow Resort, the former name of Snowriver, beginning with the new trail on their property in 2015.  When Snowriver purchased Big Snow Resort in September 2022, our land use permits needed to be updated/modified to reflect the new name of the landowner – Snowriver.   The continued assertion by Snowriver that we never completed and held this important documentation is preposterous and beyond disingenuous.  It is a lie.  Our landowners are the most important entity in our program.  Without them we have nothing and it’s our #1 duty to ensure landowners are protected.  We have a 50-year history of protecting them and we expect another 50 years of excellent landowner stewardship.  

Lie #2 Pending litigation regarding a snowmobile accident that occurred over 3 years ago near former Blackjack (now Snowriver) facility proves the snowmobile trail is too dangerous for Snowriver’s customers. 
Truth #2a – The snowmobile accident at the former Blackjack facility didn’t occur on Snowriver property nor our snowmobile trail.  The accident occurred on a county road near the former Blackjack facility.  The only reason Snowriver is being sued is due to alleged Dram Shop law violations, specifically for illegal overserving the patrons involved in the accident.  No one is being sued because of the type of vehicle involved.  That is a completely false statement made by the Skinners to divert attention away from their intent to dismantle Midwest Snowmobiling.  By attempting to spin their irresponsibility into a snowmobile issue is clearly a direct attempt to demonize and harm the snowmobiling industry.         
Truth #2b -  During our first in person meeting with Snowriver,  Charles and Charlotte Skinner explicitly explained they would refuse service to any motorized tourists as they are not welcomed patrons.  To classify ALL Snowmobilers, UTV (ORV) riders, Motorcycle Riders, Off-road trucks, etc., this way is bigoted discrimination and profiling.  His rhetoric is toxic, harmful, and unwelcome in our community.  What makes our area so amazing is there is room for everyone to play and our communities don’t hold one group supreme over the other.  

Lie #3 – Snowriver has alleged trespass and other snowmobile related complaints as additional reasons they declined to allow the trail.  
Truth #3 - In the 7 seasons the trail ran through their property there were no complaints – zero - filed with the Sheriff’s office or MDNR.   

Lie #4 – Snowriver has repeatedly stated the existence of a snowmobile trail creates additional insurance beyond what the GRTA provides.  
Truth #4- The insurance the GRTA provided to Snowriver (and every other land owner) is sufficient.  To assert that Snowriver needs the GRTA to provide a $12 million dollar insurance liability policy is a lie.  In fact, Snowriver declined an offer from the MDNR to meet with the state’s Asst. Attorney General for a hands-on discussion to explain Michigan’s stout landowner protection laws, to include our recreation immunity law.  Instead of meeting with the State Attorney General to clarify the insurance concern, Snowriver willfully ignored our landowner protections for the simple benefit of waging a war against Midwest snowmobiling.  Their statement that additional coverage is needed for a snowmobile trail is without fact and lacking any trail litigation precedence.  Simply put, this unattainable $12 million insurance policy is an easy way to copout from the discussion.    

Lie #5 – Snowriver repeatedly stated they were willing to find a solution to supporting the Trail.
Truth #5 – Snowriver declined to respond to the GRTA’s offer to purchase a small sliver of land around their property that would serve as the trails permanent home.  The GRTA was approached by several families willing to donate funds to purchase a tiny piece of snowriver’s property to permanently solve the solve the alleged liability issue.  If insurance and liability truly was the issue and you truly wanted to help, why wouldn’t you sell a piece of land to solve the concern?

Given the misinformation, refusal to accept commonsense solutions, and their toxic rhetoric toward motorized tourists we believe Snowriver’s efforts are to dismantle a competing wintertime economy at the cost of our local communities solely for the better posturing of their business.  As they develop their property, we foresee demands brought to local governments to provide them with tax incentives (TIF), tax renaissance, or grant funding from the state.  If they become the only economic engine in the area, they immediately become “too big to fail” and can then force the communities’ will.  Mr. Skinner was served a Minnesota DNR cease and desist order late last month due to construction activities on the Poplar River that he never sought permitting or community input prior to his construction.  The evidence is growing that the Skinner’s malice towards motorized tourism is real and the intent to inflict maximum damage on the Midwest Snowmobiling is the outcome they are chasing.          

Steve Hamilton 
President 
GRTA 2016-Present

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Did COR Powersports not used to hold races at Lutsen?

Somebody did, not sure if cor or usxc. I read on fb that skinner shut the races down when he took over at lutsen

30 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Somebody did, not sure if cor or usxc. I read on fb that skinner shut the races down when he took over at lutsen

Ski-Doo has their new sled release at Skinner's ski resort in Wausau.  Hopefully Ski-Doo is taking some notes of this and move to a different venue.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Definitely COR.  Only ski hill we raced on with USXC was Andes by Alexandria.  

Guess Skinflint only owned half Lutsen when COR was racing there.

58 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Definitely COR.  Only ski hill we raced on with USXC was Andes by Alexandria.  

Guess Skinflint only owned half Lutsen when COR was racing there.

10 4, i think the ski hill races started after i was done maybe the last year i raced. Sure miss those days. Had alot of fun out there.