Check your account email address ×

Why Toyota – the world’s largest automaker – isn’t all-in on electric vehicles

irv

Just now, steve from amherst said:

why ?

It was a really fun car to drive... Easy to work on.  I did a full motor build on it, crank up through the head raising redline to 8100, tune, stage II clutch, etc, kept it N/A - was pretty quick for its day.  Most 5.0 Mustangs didn't have a chance against mine.

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
7 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Had a 1994 2.2 VTEC Black on Black - miss that car!

Oh hell ya man:ylsuper:

Mine is a 1993 VTEC. Pretty rare nowadays. 

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

why ?

Because its like rippin a fucking go cart. Handles amazing and super fun to drive. And 200hp was nothing to sneeze at for a 4 cylinder in 1992-1996. Dont forget 5.0 Mustangs were only 225hp. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

• Gold Member
Just now, Mag6240 said:

It was a really fun car to drive... Easy to work on.  I did a full motor build on it, crank up through the head raising redline to 8100, tune, stage II clutch, etc, kept it N/A - was pretty quick for its day.  Most 5.0 Mustangs didn't have a chance against mine.

ditto lol:bc:

Just now, EvilBird said:

Oh hell ya man:ylsuper:

Mine is a 1993 VTEC. Pretty rare nowadays. 

Because its like rippin a fucking go cart. Handles amazing and super fun to drive. And 200hp was nothing to sneeze at for a 4 cylinder in 1992-1996. Dont forget 5.0 Mustangs were only 225hp. 

image.jpg

Mine dyno'd 205 to the wheels when I was done with it... life circumstances made me sell it.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Mine dyno'd 205 to the wheels when I was done with it... life circumstances made me sell it.

Hell ya nice. I really wanna go turbo. but with the FRM sleeves I have to build the block as im sure you know. So saving up. 

Havent dyno'd mine yet but it has all the bolt ons, street tuned,  8200 limiter, full 3 inch custom exhaust, LSD transmission, etc etc.  Just another money pit. 

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Hell ya nice. I really wanna go turbo. but with the FRM sleeves I have to build the block as im sure you know. So saving up. 

Havent dyno'd mine yet but it has all the bolt ons, street tuned,  8200 limiter, full 3 inch custom exhaust, LSD transmission, etc etc.  Just another money pit. 

Yup - I just wanted to keep it N/A.  Raced a few of the older Taurus Yamaha powered SHO's back in the day as well, one guy tried to stay with me up to 130, had pulled about 4 car lengths on him from a standing stop.  I assume you did cams, springs, retainers for 8200?  

I know 205 ain't shit today, hell, my 2015 Accord V6 would probably eat it up, but in the 90's, it was a damn "quick" car for what it was, despite being FWD.

Edited by Mag6240

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Yup - I just wanted to keep it N/A.  Raced a few of the older Taurus Yamaha powered SHO's back in the day as well, one guy tried to stay with me up to 130, had pulled about 4 car lengths on him from a standing stop.  I assume you did cams, springs, retainers for 8200?  

I know 205 ain't shit today, hell, my 2015 Accord V6 would probably eat it up, but in the 90's, it was a damn "quick" car for what it was, despite being FWD.

JDM H22A with Type S cams. Maybe its 8000 no clue it buries the tach but I was told 8200. 

yeah 200hp aint shit today but mine has AC/HVAC/PS/AirBags all deleted and its gutted besides seats. Shes light. 

Edited by EvilBird

Just now, EvilBird said:

JDM H22A with Type S cams. 

yeah 200hp aint shit today but mine has AC/HVAC/PS/AirBags all deleted and its gutted besides seats. Shes light. 

JDM yeah, I thought about a complete motor, but I felt like I got more out of mine with a bore, Type-S pistons, crower cams/springs/retainers, H beam rods with a rebuilt crank.  Don't forget to upgrade your clutch, I literally broke the springs out of the stock clutch, which still looked really good at the time of the rebuild.

I noticed there wasn't much under that hood of yours, lightening that car up probably helps a ton!!

• Like 1

• Gold Member
Just now, Mag6240 said:

JDM yeah, I thought about a complete motor, but I felt like I got more out of mine with a bore, Type-S pistons, crower cams/springs/retainers, H beam rods with a rebuilt crank.  Don't forget to upgrade your clutch, I literally broke the springs out of the stock clutch, which still looked really good at the time of the rebuild.

I noticed there wasn't much under that hood of yours, lightening that car up probably helps a ton!!

Yeah it went from quick to kinda scary esp with no power steering or Abs lmao. 

I have a Spec stage 2 clutch currently but Im due for a new one soon. locks out sometimes if I really ring it out. The Accord Euro R LSD trans makes it so fun to launch 

Just now, EvilBird said:

Yeah it went from quick to kinda scary esp with no power steering or Abs lmao. 

I have a Spec stage 2 clutch currently but Im due for a new one soon. locks out sometimes if I really ring it out. The Accord Euro R LSD trans makes it so fun to launch 

LSD was a thought, until that life circumstance - I'll bet that makes a huge difference.

• Gold Member
Just now, Mag6240 said:

LSD was a thought, until that life circumstance - I'll bet that makes a huge difference.

Yeah no more one wheel peal . 

I get it, At one point I had a WS6, a El Camino, and the Prelude was in pieces. Plus a truck and few motorcycles. 

kids came, bought a house and just trying to keep up with the bills I sold the other two cars since they were worth way more. ive had this thing since 2006 still not done :lol:

• Gold Member
10 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Yup that wont even get me back home.

Its 53 miles one way to the Marina from my House. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, toslow said:

I’ve rebuilt so many of those transmissions I’ve lost count yrs ago 

Prelude transmissions or just Honda? 

I have 3 H series transmissions on deck LOL.

This one is imported from Europe from the Euro R Accord , never came to the US and so far so good. But yeah honda trannys suck. The Auto's in the 97-01 Ludes were the worst . 

Edited by EvilBird

1 minute ago, EvilBird said:

Prelude transmissions or just Honda? 

I have 3 H series transmissions on deck LOL.

This one is imported from Europe from the Euro R Accord , never came to the the US and so far so good. But yeah honda trannys suck. 

Honda for the most part, lots of 4 and five speed automatics 

Don,t know your age but Honda was making the early preludes with CVT transmissions. What a disaster 

Edited by toslow
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yessir

Prelude's are fantastically underrated automobiles and it's a shame they've killed coupes and wagons in this country.

Gal I dated 25+ years ago had an 84 Lude, we replaced the original clutch at just over 300k and it ran like a swiss watch.  She sold it at 400k, bought a Saturn wagon and hated it compared to the Lude by the time she had 10k miles on it.

fucking Americans and their love for small SUVs and crossovers... 

• Like 1