Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Funny how Internet lore becomes reality for some people.  

Any time someone on FB asks about zr900's, all the experts who know nothing come on and say to only get an 03 because of the chain case vs diamond drive.  But they're just repeating what they've heard from people repeating what they've heard.  Lore becomes reality.

The later DD 900's weren't bad, but the system used to hold the ds, onto the dd output shaft is an abortion, and I don't think the parts required to upgrade it to a bolt are available anymore.  Back then we used to jokingly say "reverse is for pussies"

3 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Because you are a lying sack of shit. Never right.

It's pitiful that this is the best comeback you can muster up

image.jpeg.caa92248f688fa4fa8729bc0b1fb06dc.jpeg

11 minutes ago, krom said:

The later DD 900's weren't bad, but the system used to hold the ds, onto the dd output shaft is an abortion, and I don't think the parts required to upgrade it to a bolt are available anymore.  Back then we used to jokingly say "reverse is for pussies"

You can still update it, parts are through BDX like they always were.  Yes the original lock collar design was less than ideal.  As was the clutch calibration.  

Which is hard to believe because these were made in the heart of "OLD GUARD" timeline when apparently everything was always perfect according to TDS folks and the thief river was actually flowing with the squirt of all the engineers wives because the engineers were just that ungodly good.

The DD zrs were way better to ride.

3 minutes ago, mnstang said:

You can still update it, parts are through BDX like they always were.  Yes the original lock collar design was less than ideal.  As was the clutch calibration.  

Which is hard to believe because these were made in the heart of "OLD GUARD" timeline when apparently everything was always perfect according to TDS folks and the thief river was actually flowing with the squirt of all the engineers wives because the engineers were just that ungodly good.

I bought a 04 ZR9 on the cheap back in the day with a gernaded DD.  Rode it 2 years as a broke ass college student while the wife got the XF6.  Loved those two sleds.  

1 hour ago, ZR6000RR said:

Yes, they do, once more. 

no they don't... and you can't prove it with any facts whatsoever, like the first time.

if they did what you claim they do... again, why doesn't Cat say so?

wrong, wrong and wrong... over and over, like a broken record. 

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Useless history time.. 
The firecats were supposed to get that same locking setup as the ZR, but it was changed at the last min.  If you look close at the output shaft on an 05, there is a threaded slug welded into into the DD output shaft.  We had a special services sled come through the shop, that actually had the locking collar driveshaft in it.  Had to replace the driveshaft, and gearcase output shaft

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no they don't... and you can't prove it with any facts whatsoever, like the first time.

if they did what you claim they do... again, why doesn't Cat say so?

wrong, wrong and wrong... over and over, like a broken record. 

I don't even know what you idiots are arguing but it's funny that your types will discredit what cat says when it's convenient for you to do that, but then stick to what they say as if it's the TDS bible when it suits you in other ways.

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I bought a 04 ZR9 on the cheap back in the day with a gernaded DD.  Rode it 2 years as a broke ass college student while the wife got the XF6.  Loved those two sleds.  

I have an 05 I bought new.  It gets a good trail ride only 1&2 times a year nowadays but I keep it maintained and it's so fun to ride.  Jags for the tighter twisty stuff and the 900 for the higher speed twisties.  An unbeatable duo.

1 minute ago, krom said:

Useless history time.. 
The firecats were supposed to get that same locking setup as the ZR, but it was changed at the last min.  If you look close at the output shaft on an 05, there is a threaded slug welded into into the DD output shaft.  We had a special services sled come through the shop, that actually had the locking collar driveshaft in it.  Had to replace the driveshaft, and gearcase output shaft

I'm guessing it's because the zrt got it first in 04.  Didn't it come on the firecat for 05?  I've heard rumors some of the 05+ zrs came threaded, but my 05 did not.  I actually didn't have a problem with mine but updated it anyway as preventative.  When I went to replace it the set screws rounded out and I had to drill them out, good riddance.  It was a pretty dumb design.  I'm sure a lot of the failures were also from owners not locking it down tight all the way too.

12 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I don't even know what you idiots are arguing but it's funny that your types will discredit what cat says when it's convenient for you to do that, but then stick to what they say as if it's the TDS bible when it suits you in other ways.

I know you are at least capable of reading and comprehending a products intended purpose... 

https://shop.arcticcat.com/7639-969#/s/ARC//7639-969//1/y

put some on your RS and tell me how much cooler the sled runs with them... 9_9

41 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I know you are at least capable of reading and comprehending a products intended purpose... 

Yes I am capable of reading an intended purpose.

Are you capable of understanding an unintentional result/side effect?  Or an alternative use for a product?  Never heard of such concepts?

Baseball bats can be used as home defense.

Multi tools.

Ivermectin.

Ignorant if you're going with an argument of it's not the intended purpose therefore it can't possibly have a secondary affect.  I will not stand for your low IQ arguments, be better.

11 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Yes I am capable of reading an intended purpose.

Are you capable of understanding an unintentional result/side effect?  Or an alternative use for a product?  Never heard of such concepts?

Baseball bats can be used as home defense.

Multi tools.

Ivermectin.

Ignorant if you're going with an argument of it's not the intended purpose therefore it can't possibly have a secondary affect.  I will not stand for your low IQ arguments, be better.

buy a set and prove me wrong... we all know Jimwit can't   :snack:

4 hours ago, mnstang said:

Funny how Internet lore becomes reality for some people.  

like tunnel flares?  

problem there is, there's only one clown on the entire internet making that claim... unless you'd like to be #2

:) 

It's wild to me those are over $100. I'll take an occasional snowball to the shoulder :lolz:

Just now, Premium said:

It's wild to me those are over $100. I'll take an occasional snowball to the shoulder :lolz:

I put em on because wire scratchers throw shit all over the place... and that's the only reason

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Premium said:

Do you have a link to this episode? The last "Real world sled of the year" snow trax episode I can find was 2023.

I do know Snowgoer gave the Catalyst SOTY honors, fwiw.

Nope watched it yesterday morning.

6 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if it's this which just landed, I haven't watched it yet...

That's not it

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I put em on because wire scratchers throw shit all over the place... and that's the only reason

Do you run studs?

I have a feeling that's a big reason I never seem to have cooling issues except in extreme circumstances (like plowed seasonal roads).

19 minutes ago, Premium said:

Do you run studs?

I have a feeling that's a big reason I never seem to have cooling issues except in extreme circumstances (like plowed seasonal roads).

Some conditions you can’t avoid it but riding hard keeping the track spinning with studs helps a lot on the procross chassis

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Premium said:

Do you run studs?

studs... the real problem is the snow flap letting shit blow under it unless the torsions aren't on '1'... or at least that's what I found.  going to try a longer SX flap next winter, just to see what happens.  

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

like tunnel flares?  

problem there is, there's only one clown on the entire internet making that claim... unless you'd like to be #2

:) 

I'm not making the claim but I'm also not claiming they don't work for that.  I can see a way how it's possible but I haven't tested it nor care to.  But if someone did test it and had those results I'd have no reason to not believe it, I don't think he has anything to gain by fabricating this story out of thin air.  You're just being tribal and you'll never grow being like that.  If it was one of your friends in your internet clique group saying it you'd go right along with it.

And your analogy fails.  Whether the claim is true or not, the person making it has first hand experience.  That's not lore that's one person's first hand experience.  Again, you're trying to twist a situation to fit your desired outcome.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

studs... the real problem is the snow flap letting shit blow under it unless the torsions aren't on '1'... or at least that's what I found.  going to try a longer SX next winter, just to see what happens.  

Oooohhhh.. so you think deflecting snow with a snowflap helps with cooling? 

Interesting.

15 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

Some conditions you can’t avoid it but riding hard keeping the track spinning with studs helps a lot on the procross chassis

Yep that's pretty much my experience. Stay as "brappy" as possible :lolz:

Keep the track and the water pump spinning.

Edited by Premium
  • Like 1

buy a set and prove me wrong... we all know Jimwit can't   :snack:

I will not and don't have a dog in the fight.  I just like poking holes in arguments.

4 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I'm not making the claim but I'm also not claiming they don't work for that.  I can see a way how it's possible but I haven't tested it nor care to.  But if someone did test it and had those results I'd have no reason to not believe it, I don't think he has anything to gain by fabricating this story out of thin air.  You're just being tribal and you'll never grow being like that.  If it was one of your friends in your internet clique group saying it you'd go right along with it.

And your analogy fails.  Whether the claim is true or not, the person making it has first hand experience.  That's not lore that's one person's first hand experience.  Again, you're trying to twist a situation to fit your desired outcome.

he didn't test shit... and they drop the temp twenty degrees?   c'mon man... that's some glue sniffing crazy shit.    I'm not this polite to my friends, who aren't fabricators or outright liars.  

the person making the claim is dead wrong and can provide zero evidence of said claim.  I can claim from firsthand experience they don't aid in cooling the sled.   but seriously... maybe the snow in Minnesota is different than it is in Wisconsin.  I'm encouraging you to perform your own testing and validation.  :)

Just now, mnstang said:

Oooohhhh.. so you think deflecting snow with a snowflap helps with cooling? 

Interesting.

when substantial amounts of snow that hits the snow flap falls back onto the top of track it reaches the upper and front cooler... in theory.   

that's probably some made up internet bullshit too though... 9_9