Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

8 hours ago, ZR6000RR said:

It deflects it downward and inward. I can verify a 25 degree difference on groomed trails. I ran the same trails with my 2018 without and with, same day. Sorry you are to fucking stupid to understand. 

You can verify a 25 deg diff? :roflcrying:

Speaking of too stupid.  (as bad as to slow, dumbass).

6 hours ago, mnstang said:

Changes in belt length will change the entire calibration because the secondary and primary clutches will be in different points of their shift, relative to each other.

So if someone thinks there is a magic belt length that made their machine so much better, all it proves is their calibration was way off with the other belt.  That's it.

ie, Arctic Cats stock calibration was way off with the stock belt.  You do realize that is EXACTLY what they were saying.  Are you trying to turn into Jimwit?

10 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

ie, Arctic Cats stock calibration was way off with the stock belt.  You do realize that is EXACTLY what they were saying.  Are you trying to turn into Jimwit?

Try to keep up.  Thunder products claimed all these huge gains with a different belt.  They weren't on stock calibration.  So all it proved was how far off they were the whole time.  If any of it was true to start with..

3 hours ago, favoritos said:

I have a brand new sno X flap and all the hardware sitting here and ready to go.  I picked up the parts with the intent of running a longer flap on a Procross just for giggles. 

I'd have to fab up mounts to put one on a Catalyst.  The stock mounting setup is two holes on the plane of the tunnel and those goofy tabs riveted to the bumper. 

The stock flap works, but it's flimsy.  If you are in sticky snow the stock flaps carry a lot of weight with the design of those ribs on the last section.  Riders will get tired of replacing flaps and just cut off that portion.   

I had one pop off running mogul slush piles going through the Houghton stretch.  Bud said he could see the thing flopping up and down until it finally broke loose.  Said it looked like slush bombs were kicking it out.  The final pop came on a road crossing with a big ol plow berm on the other side.  The flap hit on road hard, flipped up and popped.  Probably got lucky it happened right in that area.  I had a torx driver for the two tunnel screws in my kit but I don't carry a rivet gun.  I rode that flapless overheating bugger to the dealer and borrowed their tool.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of riders will tear off stock flaps with a simple reverse into any kind of snow.  I saw mine start rolling under the track just backing down the ramp first time I unloaded.  Good thing I was watching close and didn't do a tear off.  Would have been just stupid to go back to the dealer for a new flap with that story.

How many miles on the sled?

"Zero, It's only been in reverse for fifteen feet.  You guys loaded it with your forklift."

The sno X flap might not be a bad idea. ;)

The rivet on snow flaps are asinine for trail sleds that need the tunnel flap removed to put tunnel protectors in. Luckily I didn’t spin the rivet head and melt the plastic out on any I put protectors in this year but that was by pure luck I figure, I’m sure a lot of people “ruined” snowflaps on brand new machines the customer hadn’t even seen yet.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

9 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Try to keep up.  Thunder products claimed all these huge gains with a different belt.  They weren't on stock calibration.  So all it proved was how far off they were the whole time.  If any of it was true to start with..

Thunder couldn’t be off the whole time because they claimed to have set up all the clutching for arctic cat to begin with. So he either nailed it and shouldn’t need to sell any kits or he just sucked the first time and keeps retrying.

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Posted (edited)

Are Thunders performance gains with the 600 legit? I got a quote for a ZR600 137 yesterday and I’m thinking hard about  pulling the trigger.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Until tomorrow when you change your mind again.

There are alot of options out there and I’m not brand loyal…thanks for the reply.😉

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

8 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I realize.  You are also as decisive as a 7th grade girl shopping for nail polish.

Thanks for yet another reply!👌🏻😉

59 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Are Thunders performance gains with the 600 legit? I got a quote for a ZR600 137 yesterday and I’m thinking hard about  pulling the trigger.

They posted 0 evidence of anything he just keeps pointing people back to other posts where he says more claims with no data to back it up

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

They posted 0 evidence of anything he just keeps pointing people back to other posts where he says more claims with no data to back it up

Thanks..l don’t need a lake racer but I’d like a 600 that performs as it should.👌🏻

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Thanks..l don’t need a lake racer but I’d like a 600 that performs as it should.👌🏻

honestly I dont think anyone has suffecient data to say yes this works no it doesn't in the flat land. Conditions where so off compared to normal I wouldnt trust anyone that has a "fix" especially when the largest problem hasn't been addressed yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Basically need “62” gram cat weights and a reasonable helix and driven spring

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Or just buy the Cross Country.

First year Catalyst is what it is.  Hopefully it gets better as it already is a huge step in the right direction.  Just another reason why first year anything is a stretch.  I hope father Textron sees constant evolution as a thing...

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

First year Catalyst is what it is.  Hopefully it gets better as it already is a huge step in the right direction.  Just another reason why first year anything is a stretch.  I hope father Textron sees constant evolution as a thing...

You couldn’t pay anyone who works for arctic cat enough to listen to a thing a consumer has to say so textron doesn’t even get a chance to shut anything down for penny pinching reasons

21 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

This would be a 2025 and are you saying the RXC has the clutching sorted? 

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

I realize.  You are also as decisive as a 7th grade girl shopping for nail polish.

Yep...He's been having the same WETDREAMS over @ HCS for the last 3 seasons...LOL

6 minutes ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

Yep...He's been having the same WETDREAMS over @ HCS for the last 3 seasons...LOL

You’re a troll POS and keep your projections to yourself.👌🏻

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

That's exactly as how it's delivered.  The small vocal group here are trying to be lake racers with it.  Listen to any media review on it, there are dozens and they all say the same thing, super awesome motor and very responsive.  If you're chasing ultimate top end mph you're always going to have to do some work and you will, without a doubt, sacrifice in other areas for it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mnstang said:

That's exactly as how it's delivered.  The small vocal group here are trying to be lake racers with it.  Listen to any media review on it, there are dozens and they all say the same thing, super awesome motor and very responsive.  If you're chasing ultimate top end mph you're always going to have to do some work and you will, without a doubt, sacrifice in other areas for it.

All I need is some decent corner to corner and good ergonomics. I’ve owned more than a few Cats and I want to give one a try.👊🏻❄️🇺🇸

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fortune46x said:

honestly I dont think anyone has suffecient data to say yes this works no it doesn't in the flat land. Conditions where so off compared to normal I wouldnt trust anyone that has a "fix" especially when the largest problem hasn't been addressed yet.

it's tunnel flares... right? 

hope can we get them in anodized billet to match the 20" bar risers. 

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

it's tunnel flares... right? 

hope can we get them in anodized billet to match the 20" bar risers. 

Kashima coated will be the ONLY way they cool your shit down 25+ degrees. Plastic ones just have all the snow and spray sticking to them. NOW the kashima ones will deflect it right onto the heat exchangers.  

Just the facts.