Check your account email address ×

2024 Arctic Cat Catalyst 'Chassis' details?

21 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

You guys seem to be forgetting the fastest sled on the pond...

not a race department sled

you is :owned:

20 minutes ago, mnstang said:

high quality GIF

you sold your SP and I haven't seen a pm with a Z440 you bought recently... so there's that.  

race department sleds wins belongs to me ATM.... as I'm also counting half of an RXC engine I paid for. :lol:and: :(

9 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

you sold your SP and I haven't seen a pm with a Z440 you bought recently... so there's that.  

race department sleds wins belongs to me ATM.... as I'm also counting half of an RXC engine I paid for. :lol:and: :(

Race department should feel ashamed by being spanked by the trail department. :whistle:

Who is gonna F7 swap a catalyst? Slap a new F7 top end on this beast, oh tree ECU and you will have the god of all snowmobiles. 

IMG_4212.png

Edited by Not greg b

24 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

No, I actually can't believe you're throwing shade to the g.d. F7 and it's stronger brother the cF7

Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

The sp500 was a consumer sled! 

And!

PXL_20220122_210933079.jpg

jagspec2-002.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

for keeping flying debris from going up on the tunnel, running boards and the back of your helmet flying off the scratchers... they actually do their job. 

as far as making your sled run cooler... fuck no. 

@favoritos makes his own. 

What kind of Procross junk do you ride?  :snack:

No... It was raced on bare ice all winter 

Meh, look over the front end real good and judge from there.  

5 hours ago, favoritos said:

@Crnr2Crnr, Funny you mention the DIY version.  I've made those for years because I got tired of the customized stock version.

20180216_171836.thumb.jpg.3c6ccde3933852f2c92fa31e05db6d6c.jpg

I noticed that I was collecting chunks on my back in the corners with the Catalyst sleds.  It took a few miles to remember that it's been awhile since I've had a sled without flares.

It's not a big deal, but I often have my jacket loose.  Those snow buggers get chilly when they land in the collar.

I noticed the part numbers for the Catalyst flares and hoped to see how they were shaped.  I still haven't seen anything.

I've still got a sheet of polycarb stuff sitting around.  If I run out of crap to do it might be worth mocking up something.

When I was out breaking in my friend's ice sled, that Catalyst threw way more shit up then the Procross did.  I was pretty damn wet by the time it had 100 miles on it that day.

37 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Race department should feel ashamed by being spanked by the trail department. :whistle:

if the race department had built them they wouldn't have fallen apart going over a twig... and would have weighed an extra 30lbs

36 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Who is gonna F7 swap a catalyst? Slap a new F7 top end on this beast, oh tree ECU and you will have the god of all snowmobiles. 

IMG_4212.png

lmk if you need the shipping address to send it

29 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Oh Brother Facepalm GIF by reactionseditor

The sp500 was a consumer sled! 

And!

PXL_20220122_210933079.jpg

jagspec2-002.jpg

anchorman-i-dont-believe-you.gif.2fb59572ff4d22d51fffb4208ebf307d.gif

3 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Yeah, but does it bridge the bumps better?

mutherfucka... :slapping::kneebash:

2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Meh, look over the front end real good and judge from there.  

When I was out breaking in my friend's ice sled, that Catalyst threw way more shit up then the Procross did.  I was pretty damn wet by the time it had 100 miles on it that day.

@Jimmy Snacks practically lives in Vermont... so you'll have to go inspect it. 

maybe they should keep tapering the end of the tunnel up higher on trail sleds to save $9 worth the material and still chanrge the same price.  I have a picture for this but I'm drinking at the moment.  :bc:

2 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

FB_IMG_1639612259597.jpg

no Jags 💕

I fully approve :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if the race department had built them they wouldn't have fallen apart going over a twig... and would have weighed an extra 30lbs

Sounds like a wives tale. :ashamed:

8 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Sounds like a wives tale. :ashamed:

anyone who survived owning a 2003 F7 care to comment? 

ahhh fuck, lemme drag a converted Polaris guy into this... paging @Bontz :roflcrying:

11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Tunnel flares don't aid in cooling you dummy.

Helps eliminate snow spray from being thrown up on the rider. 

https://www.countrycat.com/arctic-cat-7639-969-tunnel-flares-black-2012-2024-f-m-riot-xf-zr

The flares deflect snow coming off the scratchers from building up on top the running boards, tunnel and riders back. 

Scratchers and the shit snow flap being low enough keep them in a safe range.  I put the flares on and tested... They didn't do shit for cooling eagle eyeing the gauge.  Scratchers deployed.. no f'ng problem. 

Granted, that covid engine was already on it's way out the door when we got it but the fucker ran hot hot hot.  Obviously it didn't get run with a fresh mill this year to see if it changed on temp ranges.  

Where does said snow go after being deflected off of the flares? Into the skid and tunnel. They work great with snow. Not so much into what Greg rides. Course when your daddy buys you everything, who fucking cares?

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

anyone who survived owning a 2003 F7 care to comment? 

ahhh fuck, lemme drag a converted Polaris guy into this... paging @Bontz :roflcrying:

My brother has an 03 F7 Patriot sitting in my dad's shop resting. I know some people had issues with them but he never really did actually. 

4 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Where does said snow go after being deflected off of the flares? Into the skid and tunnel. They work great with snow. Not so much into what Greg rides. Course when your daddy buys you everything, who fucking cares?

no, it doesn't

stay dumb as fuck, rather than surprising us all for a change 

3 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

My brother has an 03 F7 Patriot sitting in my dad's shop resting. I know some people had issues with them but he never really did actually. 

they're a proverbial bag of bolts and rivets and were built for speed, light weight and ease of manufacturing... or so I've heard and read a jillion times.  13.5" track ftw!  :lol:

1 hour ago, Not greg b said:

IMG_4212.png

Or you could just put F7 cylinders on the catalyst bottom end, convert to the race sleds throttle body injection and have a real ripper.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, it doesn't

stay dumb as fuck, rather than surprising us all for a change 

they're a proverbial bag of bolts and rivets and were built for speed, light weight and ease of manufacturing... or so I've heard and read a jillion times.  13.5" track ftw!  :lol:

Only stupid fuck between you and I is you. Amazing the difference on my 2018. 25 degrees, same day, same conditions when I installed them. 25 DEGREE"S!

21 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

The first year of ownership was a bit of a struggle as there were so many service bulletins ... not all were super important, but they existed.  My '03 was a pretty damn good sled after the initial month or two, from what I can remember.  After that, the only major complaint I had was it got hot way too f'ing easy compared to the other sleds in our group.  It was over 20 years ago though, and I may just be repressing some of the first year ownership memories :lolz:

I will say though, the sled lived up to the hype when it came to straight line racing - especially after getting the clutching set up.  It was the first clutch kit I ever bought for a sled ... ODS Dan kit :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

Only stupid fuck between you and I is you. Amazing the difference on my 2018. 25 degrees, same day, same conditions when I installed them. 25 DEGREE"S!

can you explain to the class how snow and chunks of ice which hit the flares at 50mph (your top speed) at less than freezing temperatures fall back onto the track and the coolers at the angle they're attached? 

waiting-sipping.gif

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

The first year of ownership was a bit of a struggle as there were so many service bulletins ... not all were super important, but they existed.  My '03 was a pretty damn good sled after the initial month or two, from what I can remember.  After that, the only major complaint I had was it got hot way too f'ing easy compared to the other sleds in our group.  It was over 20 years ago though, and I may just be repressing some of the first year ownership memories :lolz:

I will say though, the sled lived up to the hype when it came to straight line racing - especially after getting the clutching set up.  It was the first clutch kit I ever bought for a sled ... ODS Dan kit :thumbsup:

:lies:

18 hours ago, mnstang said:

You always talk about riding in the worst conditions and miles of no snow etc 

Sometimes cows and rocks end up in other areas 

IMG_4214.jpeg

Can someone with a 129 Procross (and possibly a Catalyst) easily available post matching kickups from the running boards?  just snapped these before closing up the trailer... 

tUnnEL fLaReZ mAkE mAh sLeD rUN c00Ler!  :crazy:

IMG_20240319_173341969.jpg

IMG_20240319_173358892.jpg

IMG_20240319_173403389.jpg

1 hour ago, Sled_Hed said:

#oldguard

38 minutes ago, ZR6000RR said:

So you rode the sled that day, installed the flares, rode it again, and the temp was 25 degrees less after the install?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sled_Hed said:

No, I actually can't believe you're throwing shade to the g.d. F7 and it's stronger brother the cF7

otb

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952px2pl6xf47h01du8z7

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5C811OukIL0TscEBWkuF

where exactly did you find this rookie @mnstang