Check your account email address ×

Top 10 cities people want to flee

• Platinum Contributing Member

:lmao:  Well done democraps. 

https://www.newsobserver.com/money/cities-homebuyers-fleeing-where-relocating/

Top 10 cities people want to flee

Here are the top 10 cities where buyers who want to leave outnumber those looking to move in, based on Redfin’s analysis of searches on its platform. As you can see, many of the places people are eager to flee are among the most heavily populated and expensive metro areas in the U.S.

1. San Francisco, California
  2. Los Angeles, California
  3. New York, New York
  4. Washington, D.C.
  5. Seattle, Washington
  6. Boston, Massachusetts
  7. Detroit, Michigan
  8. Denver, Colorado
  9. Chicago, Illinois
  10. Minneapolis, Minnesota

Actually, Boston is still a hot real estate market.

Last survey put Boston at 150 out of 300....Still a desirable East Coast community.

Hartford, CT was rated @ # 300....  That was scary reading of that Exodus.

However, their all Democratic holes.

They should leave.

It's a market economy and those prices are too high.  Our old headquarters were in San Fran and the market sucked for bringing in talent.  Housing was too expensive.

On the other side.  Friends bought Oakland condo for 600k in 2014.  Nothing fancy, but it fit their price.  They sold out last year for 1.2 mill and moved to a cheaper market.  That's not a bad return and they are looking at the beach in Hawaii for less money.  Still have the same jobs too.

• Like 2

I was in Denver last week.  It was my first time there in several years.  10 years or so ago, I loved that area and considered moving there.  After spending a day in that city last week I'm thankful I never went through with it.  It's turned into a total shithole.  Colorado Springs OTOH...

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was in Denver last week.  It was my first time there in several years.  10 years or so ago, I loved that area and considered moving there.  After spending a day in that city last week I'm thankful I never went through with it.  It's turned into a total shithole.  Colorado Springs OTOH...

maybe we should legalize more drugs 

this was an interesting read 

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/welcome-to-denver-a-hellhole-of-drugs

It's interesting that you guys keep bringing up political affiliation.

I see correlation to the political environment, but that argument doesn't explain why prices kept going up.  The argument would give reason that prices should have gone down.

If you take politics out of the discussion, those housing prices are just simply too high.

Now, if the article had mentioned that people are moving because the living environment is crap, I.E. crime, lack of services for the money etc.  I'd be all in for the political side of the argument. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, favoritos said:

It's interesting that you guys keep bringing up political affiliation.

I see correlation to the political environment, but that argument doesn't explain why prices kept going up.  The argument would give reason that prices should have gone down.

If you take politics out of the discussion, those housing prices are just simply too high.

Now, if the article had mentioned that people are moving because the living environment is crap, I.E. crime, lack of services for the money etc.  I'd be all in for the political side of the argument. 

No argument here, as far as prices being so crazy & not necessarily being party affiliated.  But I looked at this (well, better description would be GLANCED) and saw the cities listed.  Being relatively close to Minneapolis, I know what that shit hole has become over the years and especially since the George Floyd saga.  I don't think excessive prices are the key driver to people wanting out of there.  The fact it's become MURDER-apolis doesn't help their cause.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/fairness-justice/welcome-to-denver-a-hellhole-of-drugs

First,  I am fine with them putting a shop on every corner.  Isn’t going to make a bit of difference to the people living in that shit hole.  Not sure why any suburbanites would drive past suburban shops where they can be safe holding a pocket full of cash and not get killed, but again whatever.  

Funny thing was the media celebrating this “HISTORIC DAY”.  You would think the big three were coming back to Detroit to build cars.  
Government funding blacks to sell weed in the city. :lol: Damn, we have come far.  Always a scam though. If you read down to the bottom all is required is you find yourself a black person to give 51% to.  How much you wanna bet everyone who gets a free pot store is related in some way to a Detroit politician? 

09F65BF5-30A4-48A8-9D03-DF74A0CE8963.jpeg

A23F5905-41E5-4EC1-96E8-C0AF7B83A147.jpeg

68DB3E51-529F-47EE-A95B-5A842D29F080.jpeg

• Confused 1

I'd agree @Bontz that you have a valid point.  I tend to believe that lifestyle and freedom to do things in those cities is a big factor.  I didn't see it mentioned in the article.  I prefer sticking an argument to the statements provided.  Assumptions can get us in trouble when we try to figure out the truth.

I'm relatively close to the "hole" you mentioned.  I own property and I'm in the mix way too often.  My wife has an office that had this view briefly in 2018.

image.jpeg.20b4bfc8be92437d67956bd9f02956f5.jpeg

I'm right there more than you can imagine.

I can give you one thousand reasons how they have screwed up and probably miss another thousand.  I see it firsthand and live with the reality.  The arguments are valid.  I can sit around, make assumptions, and play a simple blame game.  That action wouldn't get far in changing the mess they have created.  It is a mess.

There is some irony to what is mentioned in the original article.  It's about money.  It's hard for leaders to talk real action when it comes down the little stuff like crime and lifestyle.(that's a tongue in cheek comment to past action)  When you start talking about money, people start doing things.  There is a need for action when their pocketbooks are affected. 

Again, I'm relatively close to the hole.  All this dinking around and playing games got us into this mess.   I've noticed less finger pointing and politics lately.  Maybe they will actually get something done before the exodus is too deep. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

It's true.  You can't find a city park in Springs (formerly conservative) or Denver (liberal for a while) that doesn't have at least a few people sleeping in it, only to wake, bake, then pass out again.  I know MJ isn't supposed to be addictive, but these folks are clearly hooked on the cycle of getting obliterated, passing out, topping off, then passing out again.  I didn't bother looking for pills or needles, but where there's smoke, there's those things too in considerable experience in CA cities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Hmmmm ... what do these cities all have in common, from a political party affiliation?  But that damn Trump ... he must be why these cities all suck so bad.

Highest costs of living

1 hour ago, Cold War said:

First,  I am fine with them putting a shop on every corner.  Isn’t going to make a bit of difference to the people living in that shit hole.  Not sure why any suburbanites would drive past suburban shops where they can be safe holding a pocket full of cash and not get killed, but again whatever.  

Funny thing was the media celebrating this “HISTORIC DAY”.  You would think the big three were coming back to Detroit to build cars.  
Government funding blacks to sell weed in the city. :lol: Damn, we have come far.  Always a scam though. If you read down to the bottom all is required is you find yourself a black person to give 51% to.  How much you wanna bet everyone who gets a free pot store is related in some way to a Detroit politician? 

09F65BF5-30A4-48A8-9D03-DF74A0CE8963.jpeg

A23F5905-41E5-4EC1-96E8-C0AF7B83A147.jpeg

68DB3E51-529F-47EE-A95B-5A842D29F080.jpeg

that's seems like a perfectly logical thing to do (shakes head) 

46 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's true.  You can't find a city park in Springs (formerly conservative) or Denver (liberal for a while) that doesn't have at least a few people sleeping in it, only to wake, bake, then pass out again.  I know MJ isn't supposed to be addictive, but these folks are clearly hooked on the cycle of getting obliterated, passing out, topping off, then passing out again.  I didn't bother looking for pills or needles, but where there's smoke, there's those things too in considerable experience in CA cities.

frEEdOm!!!

6 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

that's seems like a perfectly logical thing to do (shakes head) 

frEEdOm!!!

They denied AMAZON. One of our hero politicians saved the community thousands of good jobs and employees coming into the city , over the trucks coming in and out, polluting up the beautiful city. 

Edited by Cold War

13 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Most large cities don’t have middle class residents. They are a mix of very wealthy and very poor subsidized residents.

:lmao: Matches the countries range. 

New York City's middle class comprises 48 percent of city residents, with median annual incomes between $30,000 and $60,000.

In the Los Angeles metro area, the range skews a bit higher, between $61,424 and $184,271. By that math, Pew concludes that about 47.3 percent of adults in L.A. are middle class.

Boston still has a sizable middle class, representing 34 percent of Boston's population.

For example, Colorado's middle class families declined from 53.0 percent to 49.6 percent of the state's families from 2000 to 2016. This is a decline of 3.4 percentage points.

Edited by Highmark

12 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Most large cities don’t have middle class residents. They are a mix of very wealthy and very poor subsidized residents.

You know who is doing the subsiding though, right?  The same suburban middle class with no representation of where their money gets spent. 

• Like 2

A lot that goes on would never hold up in court  if we had any representation.  You can’t allow businesses licenses based on race. :lol:
Try and deny one person of color a business license based on his race and see what happens. 

20 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

The average rent in ny city is 48,000.00 a year. Your numbers for middle class city residents is way off.

https://www.zumper.com/rent-research/new-york-ny

Ave can be distorted by the large number of very expensive places.   MC is different from place to place. 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

You just described Cambridge mass to a tee. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Wife and I are going on a week long vacation starting in Denver, going to through Colorado to Moab and then flying home out of Vegas. I’ve seen very little of out west, wife has seen none other than by airplane either flying to Vegas or Souther Cali. I have a few coworkers from the Denver area who say they will never go back because Colorado is a liberal joke. The wife has two cousins (and their kids) who live out in Vail and Colorado Springs. They love it out there and are not liberal at all. So, I guess I get to see it and make my mind up for myself. Would love to live where there’s rideable snow a solid 6 months out of the year. 

4 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Wife and I are going on a week long vacation starting in Denver, going to through Colorado to Moab and then flying home out of Vegas. I’ve seen very little of out west, wife has seen none other than by airplane either flying to Vegas or Souther Cali. I have a few coworkers from the Denver area who say they will never go back because Colorado is a liberal joke. The wife has two cousins (and their kids) who live out in Vail and Colorado Springs. They love it out there and are not liberal at all. So, I guess I get to see it and make my mind up for myself. Would love to live where there’s rideable snow a solid 6 months out of the year. 

I have a bil in steamboat springs... it's nice out there if you can afford it and keep your kids on the right path.  That said, there's a shitload of fucked up rich kids out there.  

44 minutes ago, SayatodaU.P.eh? said:

Colorado Springs is pretty sweet.  Spent a week camping at my bud's 62 acre ranch between there and Denver on my way back to AZ from WI last week.  That's Pike's Peak in the background.  About 6700' elevation at this spot.

PXL_20220821_142926826.jpg

• Like 2