Check your account email address ×

Fiat junk

• Gold Member

Welcome to aluminum that’s corrosion not rust if that’s the hood hard to tell in pics. Oh did I mention ram sucks ass ok any Chrysler 

…..maybe if you’re lucky they will cover it under warranty?

Anti-Corrosion Perforation Limited Warranty for all panels 3 years, unlimited miles, and outer panels are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles.

Edited by 800renegaderider
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

Welcome to aluminum that’s corrosion not rust if that’s the hood hard to tell in pics. Oh did I mention ram sucks ass ok any Chrysler 

Anti-Corrosion Perforation Limited Warranty for all panels 3 years, unlimited miles, and outer panels are covered for 5 years, unlimited miles.

The hood is steel if I am not mistaken 

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

The hood is steel if I am not mistaken 

The hood is aluminum. My 08 F150 did the same thing and that was before Ford went to full aluminum bodies.

Edited by Gocky
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, 800renegaderider said:

key word there is perforation. surface issues are not perforation . you may have been able to fix it under bumper to bumper but that is likely 3/36. if it eats a hole they will fix it, but not likely a new hood . 

Edited by sleepybrew

• Gold Member
39 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

key word there is perforation. surface issues are not perforation . you may have been able to fix it under bumper to bumper but that is likely 3/36. if it eats a hole they will fix it, but not likely a new hood . 

Well that’s why I said if he’s lucky 😢. It’s been happening for years and they still can’t get it right I believe there is even a class action lawsuit against ford for the same thing with all the cars they got with aluminum hoods and lift gates. I haven’t noticed any on the current gen Chevy/gmc trucks that started using aluminum but I don’t doubt they’ll have corroded aluminum hoods,doors and gates too down the road.

16 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Well that’s why I said if he’s lucky 😢. It’s been happening for years and they still can’t get it right I believe there is even a class action lawsuit against ford for the same thing with all the cars they got with aluminum hoods and lift gates. I haven’t noticed any on the current gen Chevy/gmc trucks that started using aluminum but I don’t doubt they’ll have corroded aluminum hoods,doors and gates too down the road.

i haven't seen gm doing that yet, but no doubt give it time. 

2 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

I know that scam . My 12 f150 had painted bumpers by 14 the fr was more rust than paint . Zero  coverage . Just bullshit 

1 hour ago, 800renegaderider said:

I had a  93?  if I remember gm and all the fucking paint flaked off tge hood in like 4 yrs . 

get a hood protector

https://www.autoventshade.com/ram-1500

the type and amount of road salt these days is ridiculous.  it's bad enough what we have to pay for modern vehicles, but the municipalities over use is just 'salt in the wound'.

I'm going to run my old Tahoe over the winter again just to keep the newer one out of the salt 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

22 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

get a hood protector

the type and amount of road salt these days is ridiculous.  it's bad enough what we have to pay for modern vehicles, but the municipalities over use is just 'salt in the wound'.

I'm going to run my old Tahoe over the winter again just to keep the newer one out of the salt 

I thought you sold old crusty? 

• Gold Member
22 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

get a hood protector

Problem with that is it usually doesn’t start on the top of the hood. It starts on the inside lip and works it way around to the top side. A rock chip could do it but it seem most start from the lip underneath. Here is one I’m doing now. Doesn’t look to bad on the top but underneath is pretty bad. New hood it gets.

80DA2520-695D-4823-9D86-5822796AF1B2.jpeg

5FB3C25A-EAA4-4375-A4CC-E74D25FE0852.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I thought you sold old crusty? 

it's still for sale

people are scared of 2wd... or maybe 286k miles.  I'd jump in it tomorrow and drive it to the southern tip of Chile without concern, because I maintain my junk.  :)

• Like 1