Check your account email address ×

*****2016 Official NFL Thread*****

16 hours ago, Biggie Smails said:

Should have kept Robbie Gould.

Yea instead we got this reject from the Saints Connor Barf.

15 hours ago, SnowRider said:

After the missed field goal - I liked the comment - 'You get what you pay for.'

A reject from the Saints and I believe the Saints have already dumped Barf's replacement, we left the game after the Langford fumble in the 4th quarter...where is Matt Forte....oh yeah racking up yards and TD's with the Jets :wall:

I'm pretty sure that I after 16 years of being a season ticket holder that I am dumping my season tickets and my PSL's after this season even though I won't get much for my PSL's.

1 minute ago, SnowRider said:

The best run organizations in the NFL have been consistent contenders.... Packers, Steelers, and Patriots.  The Bears can't get out of their own way. 

The best run organizations in the NFL have been consistent contenders.... Packers, Steelers, and Patriots.  The Bears can't get out of their own way. 

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Yea instead we got this reject from the Saints Connor Barf.

A reject from the Saints and I believe the Saints have already dumped Barf's replacement, we left the game after the Langford fumble in the 4th quarter...where is Matt Forte....oh yeah racking up yards and TD's with the Jets :wall:

I'm pretty sure that I after 16 years of being a season ticket holder that I am dumping my season tickets and my PSL's after this season even though I won't get much for my PSL's.

Bennett is doing a pretty good job for the Patriots, too :bc:

jimmyg.jpg
There might be finally some justice in the world for the New England Patriots. Reports are claiming that Jimmy Garoppolo's shoulder injury isn't as bad as first thought and could even suit up Thursday night against the Texans.

NESN's Doug Kyed reported on Garoppolo's situation:

Garoppolo’s injury “might not be as severe as it appeared initially,” a league source told The Boston Globe’s Jim McBride. The Patriots are hoping Garoppolo will be in uniform Thursday, “even if it’s in a backup/emergency capacity,” a league source told McBride.

The injury that Garoppolo has apparently suffered is a sprained AC joint in his right shoulder which occurred in the second quarter of the 31-24 win over the Dolphins. It looks like rookie Jacoby Brissett will be taking over the controls to the Patriots offense for the time being but the positive news is that Garoppolo could potentially back up Brissett. The Patriots next quarterback in the line is Julian Edelman who played the position at college for Kent State.

The Patriots don't have practice on Mondays but if they going to work out any free agent quarterbacks it would have been then. There were no new faces at Foxborough so that implies that Garoppolo will be ready to suit up on Thursday.

Bad news for the Vikings.

Adrian Peterson to undergo knee surgery Thursday

Adrian Peterson will undergo surgery on his injured knee.

The Minnesota Vikings' star running back is having surgery to repair his torn meniscus on Thursday, coach Mike Zimmer confirmed. Peterson is expected to be out several months, but there's a chance he could potentially return for a December playoff run, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per a source informed of Peterson's situation.

Rapoport added that Peterson also has a mild LCL sprain that won't require surgery.

"(I'm) doing it with faith and optimism," Peterson told ESPN's Josina Anderson, who first reported the news of his surgery.

To replace Peterson, the Vikings have signed running back Ronnie Hillman, Zimmer said. The Vikings coach also added that tackle Matt Kalil (hip) is being placed on injured reserve.

All Day is famously a fast healer. He returned from an ACL tear to rip up the NFL for 2,097 yards in 2012. But in 2016 at age 31, will his body bounce back quick enough to salvage even part of the season?

With Peterson sidelined, the Vikings will roll with explosive Jerick McKinnon, Hillman and power back Matt Asiata in the backfield with quarterback Sam Bradford. After a magnificent first game, Bradford will need to stack solid outings now that he no longer has the strongest workhorse in the NFL at his disposal.

"Obviously, it's hard to replace a running back like Adrian Peterson," Vikings quarterback Sam Bradford said. "When Adrian is in the game, everyone is loading the box, trying to stop the run, which gives us a lot of one-on-one matchups on the outside. It also makes our play action pretty effective. When they see him coming downhill, everyone is stepping up to stop the run. There are some things we took advantage of with him in the game. We'll have to see how defenses will play us from here on out."

Coach Mike Zimmer has plowed through adversity before. Now the Vikings coach will try to defy the odds of marching to the playoffs without his preseason quarterback or star running back.

30 minutes ago, ckf said:

I'm going with the Pats even though I think Houston will probably win :bc:

This. its like logic tells me not to bet against belichick. But houston isnt bad either. Bears suck dick so no major comparison in that game but the first half was closer.

• Like 1

Just now, Wildcat said:

This. its like logic tells me not to bet against belichick. But houston isnt bad either. Bears suck dick so no major comparison in that game but the first half was closer.

:iagree:

1 minute ago, Biggie Smails said:

Fitzgerald is a class act.

IMG_2424.PNG

Hell yeah :goodpost: Im tired of the negative bullshit. They should all stand up together with military and police for the anthem/flag to show people if you act like adults we can all get along. Simple as that. Seen many college programs doing it. Write me in for Pres:lol:

17 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Fitzgerald is a class act.

IMG_2424.PNG

He's always been.  Read up on his backstory and how he was raised.  He is THE poster child for what should be the role model in the NFL.  And a hellluva lot of other sports too.

• Like 1