Check your account email address ×

Ford admits warranty costs are eating into profits.

2 hours ago, SkisNH said:

No it's not..it's been plagued with valvetrain issues and oil pickup issues that exasperated the problem.  

They’ve been in the pickups for years. My bud (whose an engineer for ford) says it’s his favorite engine and all his trucks of late have had it. He never mentioned any problems with it in his pickups. :dunno:  

19 minutes ago, Edmo said:

They’ve been in the pickups for years. My bud (whose an engineer for ford) says it’s his favorite engine and all his trucks of late have had it. He never mentioned any problems with it in his pickups. :dunno:  

Well it had a history of valvetrain problems regardless of his being fine. 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Some things are just plain common sense. Something that I’m oozing with. 

The same common sense that brought you to the conclusion to live out your last days in a Van? 

:read:

11 hours ago, nascarmike said:

2.7L Bronco's are grenades. They still don't know exactly what is causing it, but have suspicions. As for the other quality concerns, you are only going to be as reliable as the parts you purchase. A lot of times they buy the cheapest and not the best. Have seen it a lot and sometimes makes me scratch my head. :dunno:

whats odd was the engines had way less issues in an F150 so they should be able to figure out what they changed.  

11 hours ago, nascarmike said:

2.7L Bronco's are grenades. They still don't know exactly what is causing it, but have suspicions. As for the other quality concerns, you are only going to be as reliable as the parts you purchase. A lot of times they buy the cheapest and not the best. Have seen it a lot and sometimes makes me scratch my head. :dunno:

Lately they're getting parts wherever they can get them 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

Lately they're getting parts wherever they can get them 

True. And the reason why Honda and Toyota are low on inventory. The two companies choose to cut production rather than be slammed with warranty costs and pissed off customers from sourcing inferior parts. It’s going to take ford years to recovery from this shitstorm. 

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

True. And the reason why Honda and Toyota are low on inventory. The two companies choose to cut production rather than be slammed with warranty costs and pissed off customers from sourcing inferior parts. It’s going to take ford years to recovery from this shitstorm. 

Got news for you, it's been like this for years. Just a little more prevalent at this time.

7 hours ago, Edmo said:

How long does he keep them 😁👍

• Platinum Contributing Member
18 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

Engines are going boom

Crazy that an all new vehicle like the Bronco with everything on it that Ford has never done before, the failures they have are with a carryover motor?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SHADOSPRIT said:

What happened to "Ford Quality is job #!"...lol!!!!

We've reached a new low level of intellect where people think it's a profound revelation that warranty work costs the company money 

On 8/7/2022 at 4:31 PM, awful knawful said:

How long does he keep them 😁👍

Not long, he’s got a new one every couple years. I just found it interesting out of the ford pickup motors he liked that 2.7T the best. He drives a long way to work so mileage counts.

13 hours ago, Edmo said:

Not long, he’s got a new one every couple years. I just found it interesting out of the ford pickup motors he liked that 2.7T the best. He drives a long way to work so mileage counts.

Probably why he's never had issues.

Both my cousins have 3.5 eb. One needed a new long block, the other is smoking on start up right now....

1 hour ago, awful knawful said:

Probably why he's never had issues.

Both my cousins have 3.5 eb. One needed a new long block, the other is smoking on start up right now....

My last ford truck was a ‘99, then my wife got a job with GM. Bunch of chebbys and a Toyota since. I don’t really like any of the new fords.

16 hours ago, ACE said:

We've reached a new low level of intellect where people think it's a profound revelation that warranty work costs the company money 

It is a profound revelation when it becomes the top concern at investor meetings.