Check your account email address ×

US regained all the jobs lost during the pandemic

21 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Walleye is my favorite white fish, halibut #2, red fish I love steelhead trout..I don't mind a fried Perch dinner either if I see it on the specials..

halibut is my #1. had some last saturday. halibut picatta!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, joe_zrt said:

That's right, just keep pretending everything is fine...remember, the new norm. The USA and world has never been better. :lol:

I don't know if the members who post these articles actually believe that, or if they are just trying to push a narrative.

3 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Did the current administration change the definition of employment, just like they did with recession? :roflcrying:

From "Jobs recovered' to "jobs saved" to "lives touched'.... :lmao:

• Like 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

Where do you shower?

truck stop :dunno:

1 hour ago, SkisNH said:

Heck where do you shit?

I couldn't live in a van.

in the van :flush:

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

That would’ve been the trump administration 

Lies . You do realize they just changed the definition of recession. Another fail. 

Wikipedia has frozen edits to its page for "recession," halting a frenzy of changes to the entry after the Biden administration insisted that the U.S. economy has not entered a economic downturn.

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/29/1114599942/wikipedia-recession-edits

• Gold Member

Yet the economy is going in the wrong direction - I don't know if I believe the jobs numbers or much that is spewed out.  I do believe what I see in stores, at pumps and talking to friends and neighbors and that is not good.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/05/economy/june-consumer-credit-report-debt-increase/index.html.

(CNN)Americans piled on $40.1 billion worth of debt in June, the Federal Reserve said Friday afternoon. The figure was considerably higher than economists' forecasts, after May's revised total of $23.8 billion.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/04/economy/recession-inflation-fed-dudley/index.html

New York (CNN Business)The Federal Reserve's war on inflation will eventually kill the economic recovery from Covid-19, former Fed official Bill Dudley warns.

The problem is that the Fed began its quest to tame inflation late, leaving the central bank little choice other than to slam the brakes on the economy by drastically raising interest rates.
"Almost certainly there will be a full-blown recession. If we're not in one yet, I think we will be in the next 12 months," Dudley, the former president of the New York Federal Reserve, told CNN in a phone interview.