Check your account email address ×

GOP healthcare plan

2 hours ago, hwytohell said:

1% all you can eat michael  moore said that the cuba health care system # 39, was better than the USA #37 , strange that he did not seek treatment in that wonderful system he has promoted in his films . 

funny thing about that list is I see snippets and here about powerful people from a lot of the country's on that list voted better than USA healthcare flying in to MN for care on a pretty regular biases. in fact 1 of my customers is retired as head of cardiology at mayo and is now a concierge /personal doctor for people from 2 country's on that list above the usa and they send there jets to pick him up regularly. must not have the quality of service  in those places as we do here in the USA or MN          

Edited by Ez ryder

5 hours ago, Snoslinger said:

has the "obamacare liking, trump voting hayseed" hayward chimed in on this topic yet?

actually just sat down a minute ago and logged on to try and learn what this is all about.  Give me a minute....or 2....or 5

I voted for this guy on the idea of " able to buy healthcare across state lines" thinking that was a good idea at the time.  More competition= lower costs.  Haven't heard a peep about it since pre-election.

"A 40 year old making 20,000/year would forgo $1200/year.  Trying to compare that to what I make and yeah, I could live with that.  I don't mind paying more, just so it doesn't go back to pre-obamacare levels.  Fuck-me those were some struggling times.

There's no way this administration can do this to the elderly though.  WTF?  Many elderly around here never had jobs in which there was pensions or even retirement funds.  They'll lose everything they've worked for.

3 hours ago, f7ben said:

Your primary residence cannot be taken in chapter 7 proceedings ....that is a fact

Most motherfuckers lose there house when they go bankrupt.

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 is also called liquidation bankruptcy. The bankruptcy trustee handling your case is obligated to sell off any non-exempt assets to pay off creditors. This is why determining the non-exempt equity in your home is important. Where you stand on your mortgage payments is also a consideration. If you are current on your payments, you are more likely to keep your home. If you are not, you are more likely to lose it. If you fall 90 days or more behind on your mortgage, the lender can foreclose. Even with the automatic stay associated with filing for bankruptcy, if you are not able to cure the amount you owe on the mortgage, you will lose the home.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/lose-house-declare-personal-bankruptcy-7498.html

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Just people in poor health with preexisting conditions that don't qualify for subsidies. 

And it really doesn't take much.  Our family plan is now just over $600 with a $10k deductible.  All healthy.  So, I pay ~$7500 a year PLUS 100% of regular preventative and school sports and mandated crap!

So, I was out over $8000 last year.    For what amounted to a school sports physical and my wife's "woman thingy".

Man!  It'd be nice if I could get a nice dinner first.  And a nice lube up before penetration.  Is there a box I need to check for that?

:wall:

$600.00 a month is cheap, and you are complaining :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

$600.00 a month is cheap, and you are complaining :lol: 

I don't think it is cheap at all in N. MN with a $10k deductible.  No prescription, 100% co-pay for a healthy family of three.  It used to be less than $250/month with a plethora of provider options and better coverage.  

We may go with a higher deductible.  This is idiotic.

The costs are high and getting higher no matter what the field, there is a platinum edition f- 150  4x4 64,784 dollar sticker, everything goes up but wages.

6 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Most motherfuckers lose there house when they go bankrupt.

If they lose the house it's because of the bold. Failure to make payments or have equity in excess of the homestead provision in that state 

9 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I don't think it is cheap at all in N. MN with a $10k deductible.  No prescription, 100% co-pay for a healthy family of three.  It used to be less than $250/month with a plethora of provider options and better coverage.  

We may go with a higher deductible.  This is idiotic.

The BC/BS PPO that I provide for my non-bargaining unit employees is $1,850.00 a month, $60.00 co-pay, lower deductible, medical, dental, vision, prescription, you get what you pay for.

4 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

If they lose the house it's because of the bold. Failure to make payments or have equity in excess of the homestead provision in that state 

Normally when you are going broke and life is getting really shitty people usually start missing mortgage payments in lieu of not being able to put some food on the table.......usually.

Starve or ride out a long foreclosure process while going BK, the choice is yours :thumb:  

19 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The BC/BS PPO that I provide for my non-bargaining unit employees is $1,850.00 a month, $60.00 co-pay, lower deductible, medical, dental, vision, prescription, you get what you pay for.

Yeah, but the argument of "you get what you pay for" is not the point I was making.  It's a "benefit/cost+cost increases ratio" argument.  

That HC premium you are paying is HORRIFIC if you ask me.  But I'm more than positive health care costs in the Chicago area are way pricey as are a lot of cities like them.  Lots of people the "payers" need to cover.  Plus, You may have a higher than usual adverse risk selection of your SIC classification code (trade) and even higher as individual EE MIB reports may show.  As does your entire state as a whole (mostly because of the Chicago Metro area).

It is what it is.  Cost of living, including HC, from city to city, state to state and region to region can vary quite a bit.

31 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Ours are a bit higher here but the co pay is 50.00 and we pay 80% of premium.

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yeah, but the argument of "you get what you pay for" is not the point I was making.  It's a "benefit/cost+cost increases ratio" argument.  

That HC premium you are paying is HORRIFIC if you ask me.  But I'm more than positive health care costs in the Chicago area are way pricey as are a lot of cities like them.  Lots of people the "payers" need to cover.  Plus, You may have a higher than usual adverse risk selection of your SIC classification code (trade) and even higher as individual EE MIB reports may show.  As does your entire state as a whole (mostly because of the Chicago Metro area).

It is what it is.  Cost of living, including HC, from city to city, state to state and region to region can vary quite a bit.

Sorry Zam you might be positive, but that doesn't stop you from being wrong.

The 10 percent of rating areas with the highest adjusted premiums are characterized by smaller populations, greater land areas, and seven times fewer health care providers per square mile.

https://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/rupri/publications/policybriefs/2014/Geographic Variation in Premiums in Health Insurance Marketplaces.pdf

Again with insurance like everything in life, you get what you pay for.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

20K per year for insurance is not getting what you pay for, its getting it shoved up your anus.

:groin:

what do you guys typically pay? I know it's in taxes, but I'm curious what it works out to as either a % of income or average cost.

8 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Sorry Zam you might be positive, but that doesn't stop you from being wrong.

Again with insurance like everything in life, you get what you pay for.

1st: Not wrong. Your link is not in the context I posted.  Do you understand what that link was?  I wasn't arguing the cost of urban vs. small rural care.  And I wasn't arguing the cost increases/decreases of "Obamacare" in 2014.  

2nd: And...again......that's not what my post was about.  Why does it seem you are bragging (again) about the cost you pay for healthcare.  That's just weird.

Fuck dude, just stop.  You are back to playing in a field that only you seem to have given yourself the qualifications and talent in which to play.

Oh...and "Angry Ginger" is 100% correct.  Again...."field of play".

2 minutes ago, Snoslinger said:

what do you guys typically pay? I know it's in taxes, but I'm curious what it works out to as either a % of income or average cost.

The average per person is much much lower, but that is for basic coverage.  It does not include scripts, dental etc, or what we call extended coverage.

Basically half of our provincial budget get used on HC, so a person who makes 100K pays about 7.7K to the province plus a HC tax that really goes into general revenue, so about 5K plus half of what you pay in state taxes during the year.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

1st: Not wrong. Your link is not in the context I posted.  Do you understand what that link was?  I wasn't arguing the cost of urban vs. small rural care.  And I wasn't arguing the cost increases/decreases of "Obamacare" in 2014.  

2nd: And...again......that's not what my post was about.  Why does it seem you are bragging (again) about the cost you pay for healthcare.  That's just weird.

Fuck dude, just stop.  You are back to playing in a field that only you seem to have given yourself the qualifications and talent in which to play.

Its nothing to be proud of, its insane really, and rather stupid.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Can one of the Pro Obamacare people care to share with the class all the things in the PPACA that was designed in to cut premium costs?

I can only think of one and that was a failure.   I can however make a list of mandates that increase costs.

1. Nobody can be turned down for preexisting conditions. (I support this)

2. Stay on parents plan until 26.   Move your bum ass out and get your own plan.

3. No caps on maximum paid. (actually not a big one but still has a minor affect)

4. Massive increase on regulations

5. Lower means testing to get on Medicaid.  Less people in the paid insurance pool.

6. Govt set requirements of plans means people/companies can be forced to pay for what they do not want.

7. Limited competition as many companies opt out.  

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hmmm, yet you bring up the cost of insurance in Chicago and other cities in light of your "positive" feelings that it's more expensive in those areas, then I link a U of Iowa study that shows rural insurance cost are higher.

Here's a brag for you Zam, I provide that level of insurance for over 50 employees, it's how I roll :thumb: